[Q] Kindle Fire HD 7' 2013 model stuck at boot logo

Search This thread

davethebrave14

Feb 13, 2014
So well recently i had been messing around with my kindle fire hd running 11.3 firmware and bricked it by messing with the system. I am currently stuck on the kf bootlogo every time i power on. i have purchased a factory cable from ebay, and when i plugged it into my pc it went straight into fastboot. im not really sure on what to do now. tried so many forums but nothing seems to work. please someone help me to restore to stock firmware or unbrick it. please guyss! will be so grateful!

thanksss
dave:crying::crying:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You need to flash a system image to it to fix it, unfortunately I don't know where to get hold of a 2013 one, but it should be fixable. The 2012 images wouldn't be compatible so don't bother with trying them.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

davethebrave14

Feb 13, 2014
You need to flash a system image to it to fix it, unfortunately I don't know where to get hold of a 2013 one, but it should be fixable. The 2012 images wouldn't be compatible so don't bother with trying them.

Thanks for the really quick reply, but can you please guide me on how to do this?
Thanks so much!

davethebrave14

Feb 13, 2014
You would run something like this
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot stock-boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery stock-recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system stock-system.img
but you will need the images and the fastboot command.

Thanks again man, but can you please provide the images and the commands, cant seem to find them anywhere. when you mean run the code, you mean using terminal right? sorry for all the hassle, kinda new to this whole rooting thing.
ps; will i be able to use KFFAIDE to help me? everytime i run a command, it says "device not reccognized" and similar quotes.

thanks mate for the help!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
As far as I know kffa doesn't support the new HD model, and I don't know where to get images for it. If someone else with a rooted device would simply just dd a copy of their system partition and host it, it would be very useful... And yes you run it from a terminal/command prompt.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

davethebrave14

Feb 13, 2014
As far as I know kffa doesn't support the new HD model, and I don't know where to get images for it. If someone else with a rooted device would simply just dd a copy of their system partition and host it, it would be very useful... And yes you run it from a terminal/command prompt.

So that means I would have to wait a while for someone to do a copy? that would be in, say a few months right?

Ph0enix_216

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

With the number of bricks this device has had, I'm suprised no one has done this already. If only I could get my hands on my mom's KFHD 2013..

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a rooted Kindle Fire HD running CyanogenMod 11<<<