[Q] will 4.4.3 solve the SD card issue?

Search This thread

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
So 4.4.3 is already released for nexus and some Samsung devices.

Wonder if there is any chance that it will fix SD card issue when it will appear on our tegra notes ?

I must say that even if I do not give the monkey about apps (since they can have the access to their folders only and if devs will prepare them for this apps should work just fine) I am mad at Google that it took my most used function of file management!

I have used my tablet to download and browse on the go my photos from slr now its impossible since my 64gb cards is useless in its slot.

As I understand NVIDIA could solve my biggest issue with KitKat just by addition ng any file browser into their ROM.

Hopefully they will do so :) fingers crossed.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

tystar

Oct 11, 2009
SD card issue has been fixed now with the latest OTA 2.4 update. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
I have just update my note but it seems that I still can't use any file manager to copy files from main memory to SD card. Could you confirm if you can move files and create and delete files and folders on SD card? If so which file manager are you using? I have tried solid explorer, ES3 and total Commander.

Wysłane z mojego TegraNote-P1640 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
Again I tried to move some games to add card and ended up with same result as previously.

Wysłane z mojego TegraNote-P1640 przy użyciu Tapatalka

peterbl77

Jun 8, 2014
Vega 7 update

Just got the latest OTA update. Now a happy bunny. previous Kit Kat broke USB functions , now fully restored. Thanks Nvidea. Just hope SD functions back again ok

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
This means that tegra note is still not use for me :( will need to look for how to downgrade to 4.3 as KitKat seems to be nothing but problems. I was really hoping for file manager to be embedded into ROM (which would mitigate the issue -not resolve it) but it doesn't :(

Sent from my hamster cage using old carrot.

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
No I haven't tried to root my device. Simply not really into this. I like my device to be useful right out of the box. And this was. It was my favourite tablet and it was working great as i wanted it but has been totally broken by KitKat and Google restriction.
Does downgrading to 4.3 require root? Will it void my guarantee?

Also the problem that I have what should be my next device? Since android is broken now, apple in my opinion has too many restrictions and its not worth it's price, Microsoft tablets are still too rough on the edges and lack of touch friendly apps. Aaaaah I'm doomed ;( nothing on the horizon to dream for ... :(:(:(

BuToNz

May 21, 2014
No I haven't tried to root my device. Simply not really into this. I like my device to be useful right out of the box. And this was. It was my favourite tablet and it was working great as i wanted it but has been totally broken by KitKat and Google restriction.

Also the problem that I have what should be my next device? Since android is broken now, apple in my opinion has too many restrictions and its not worth it's price, Microsoft tablets are still too rough on the edges and lack of touch friendly apps. Aaaaah I'm doomed ;( nothing on the horizon to dream for ... :(:(:(

Going back to 4.3 is simples. If you have the Advent model see here: http://www.adventcomputers.co.uk/product-download-select/296

The same method can be used with another stock ROM though. This will not void your warranty.

Reactions: Andrew_j

sky|ined

Jun 18, 2010
Also check link mentioned at reply #9, especially last post. It might help. By the way what's wrong with rooting apart from taking a few minutes of your life?

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
Hi. I have read the discussion you pointed but my card is formatted in Fat32 and it was working perfectly fine before 4.4. Rooting will void the guarantee as far as I know. Therefore I am not so happy to do this. If there is an easy way to return to 4.3 as it has been advised above I will try to recover my data from the tablet over the weekend and give it a try. :) there is nothing in 4.4 which would give me any regrets for abandoning it. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Going back to 4.3 is simples. If you have the Advent model see here: http://www.adventcomputers.co.uk/product-download-select/296

The same method can be used with another stock ROM though. This will not void your warranty.