ClockworkMod recovery released!

Search This thread

SeaWo|f

Sep 13, 2010
So does that mean that samsung reviewed and fixed the code they released or was there something that the devs were missing when trying to build the kernel?

geeknik

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2007
Oklahoma City
twitter.com
I've got CWM running on my Fascinate! =)

Too bad it doesn't mount the SDcard and it places nandroid backups in /data, but it's a start. =)

Last edited:

theicemonkey

Jul 16, 2010
I'm not really clear on the instructions.

I have downloaded the captivate_recovery.zip but I'm not sure how to proceed from that point. Am I using Odin?

CheetoDroid

Sep 12, 2010
This isn't working for me, I flashed the tar file in ODIN and then installed clockwork from rom manager. When I click reboot into recovery it loads up a stock recovery and gives some errors under it.

Update with more info:
When I reboot into recovery from RomManager I get
e: failed to verify whole-file signature
e: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I'm thinking this means the ODIN flash didn't work correctly

Last edited:

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
what tar file cheeto. all i'm seeing is three zip files, that when unzipped have no extension. a little help?

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.sunny16.org
This isn't working for me, I flashed the tar file in ODIN and then installed clockwork from rom manager. When I click reboot into recovery it loads up a stock recovery and gives some errors under it.

Update with more info:
When I reboot into recovery from RomManager I get
e: failed to verify whole-file signature
e: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I'm thinking this means the ODIN flash didn't work correctly

You flashed a new recovery kernel with the clockworkmod recovery binary. I'm confused why you would try and install again, on top of it, from ROM manager? (Don't take that the wrong way.. that's not an "OMG Why would you do that?!" It's an "I'm not following your logic".. :) )

Re-do your initial step (flash recovery via odin) and that should be it, unless I'm missing something here.

Last edited:

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
and for those of us still out of the loop... how do you flash the recovery via odin? add a .tar to the file in the zip? rename the .zip file to .tar? help us out please.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.sunny16.org
and for those of us still out of the loop... how do you flash the recovery via odin? add a .tar to the file in the zip? rename the .zip file to .tar? help us out please.

Hang in there, I know it's frustrating. Let us get some more feedback on this and how it's working before the steps are broken down so that anyone can follow along. The last thing we all want to see is post after post from people who did this not knowing how to fix their phones if something goes wrong.

If you're confident you know what's going on, the posts are there, in the Fascinate forum, on how to use odin. Feel free to check them out.

wasupwithuman

Apr 6, 2007
Flagstaff
www.leumas.net
BE CAREFUL EVERYONE. there are quite a few issues with cwm still, It doesn't detect the sdcard, so you wont be able to flash a backup. and you can only get into recovery by rebooting into recovery through rom manager.

Last edited: