YouTube app update now has HD!!!

Search This thread

jmk32

Jul 30, 2010
I just had an update for the YouTube app from the Market today and it now shows an 'HD' button with red light when watching an HD video clip!

Been waiting for them to update this as HD clips look incredible on the Rezound!!!

robotnoize

Mar 17, 2010
IE
Was hoping to get the one that downloads with the rezound.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

robotnoize

Mar 17, 2010
IE
Pleaaasseee. Haha thanks.

robotnoize

Mar 17, 2010
IE
Thanks man!!! Damn. Unfortunately still comes up as hq and not hd. Oh well, worth a try.

JT75

May 14, 2011
I just had an update for the YouTube app from the Market today and it now shows an 'HD' button with red light when watching an HD video clip!

Been waiting for them to update this as HD clips look incredible on the Rezound!!!

Where is the red light? The videos I'm watching say hd in the description but I only see a hq button

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

NickDVS

Jan 13, 2012
Just do a search in the market for 'youtube' and go into it. It will allow you to update from there. It wasn't showing under my apps list to update.

jmk32

Jul 30, 2010
Where is the red light? The videos I'm watching say hd in the description but I only see a hq button

If you tap on the screen while playing an HD video, the screen will show a button in the top right corner of the screen with 'HD' and a green light

Reactions: JT75

DbZ Gokuu

Jan 21, 2012
Ohio
Since I'm running 4.0.3, I had to revert from the 3.3.0 version of the YouTube app to 2.4.4 in order to get hd.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

JT75

May 14, 2011
If you tap on the screen while playing an HD video, the screen will show a button in the top right corner of the screen with 'HD' and a green light

I figured out the problem. You only get the hd option on 4G. I can watch a video in hd on 4G then if I switch to cdma I only get the hq option.
I also presume wifi would work too

syikho

Aug 27, 2010
Yea, HD only works for me on 4G and Wifi. HD on a 3G connection would have to buffer too much and render the video practically un-watchable.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Top Liked Posts