[HELP] Weird buzzing sound from speakers

Search This thread

exxpired

Aug 15, 2010
Watford
I keep getting awierd sound from speakers after the device has been asleep..sort of like a buzz sound..can't really explain it..but it happens when the device first makes a sound after its been sleeping..anyone know what this could be? Kernel maybe?

nunjabusiness

Jan 20, 2011
I keep getting awierd sound from speakers after the device has been asleep..sort of like a buzz sound..can't really explain it..but it happens when the device first makes a sound after its been sleeping..anyone know what this could be? Kernel maybe?

Maybe electrical interference?
Move the tablet away from any other electronic devices (especially mobile phones) and see if it persists.

exxpired

Aug 15, 2010
Watford
It hasnt really been near any phones..my phone is about 1 foot away from the touchpad..I have had it closer before and it hasn't made a noise..

mountaindewmi

May 17, 2010
Miami, FL
I think I know what you mean, the sound is like a short buzz or "Donk" sound. I sometimes get it when I first click on the pad or when I swipe up to close an app.
The only thing I can think of that I did was installing the increase sound patch and later removed the patch. It started after that.

NikolaiT

Aug 20, 2010
I think I know what you mean, the sound is like a short buzz or "Donk" sound. I sometimes get it when I first click on the pad or when I swipe up to close an app.
The only thing I can think of that I did was installing the increase sound patch and later removed the patch. It started after that.

I got this after going through various patches, although I didn't install the sound patch. It went away for me after a few reboots.

To the OP, you may have abnormally good hearing and can hear the white noise speakers make when they're activated, try it with some other devices, see if you hear the same buzz, if not, call HP and get a replacement.

Sent from my Sensation using XDA App

Last edited:

Adonis K.

Aug 27, 2011
varemenos.com
Touchpad weird sound

Ok so i just got my Touchpad 16GB yesterday and while i was playing around with it, i noticed it doing a weird sound like when those old speakers where powered on. I updated to 3.0.2 and it still does it.

Ps: Its not the WEE easteregg sound

Last edited:

Adonis K.

Aug 27, 2011
varemenos.com
Not sure what sound you mean but it shouldn't be making any noises you don't want it to. Get in touch with HP to see if they can fix it for you.

Well, i bought it from ebay (from canada) so im not sure if they will even think about checking it.

It makes that sound only when its not in 'mute' and when im using it. When the screen is locked, nothing happens. It sounds like a little shutter noise of half a second length.