[Q] Someone knows about root Samsung Galaxy R?

Search This thread

wars045

Sep 19, 2011
Warsaw
Galaxy R I9103
Firmware XWKG8
android - 2.3.4
kernel - 2.6.3.6-I9103XWKG8

any know how to root ?

Sory for my english

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
And Galaxy W i8150 needs rooting. Anybody who is willing to help. Just tell us what info dou you need?

Model number: GT-I8150
Android v.: 2.3.5
Baseband version: I850XXkI6
kernel: 2.6.25.7-perf-I8150XXKI6-CL585380root@DELL152 #3
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XXKI6

Langsuir

Sep 19, 2011
The first site you linked is crap. All they did is get articles of the S2 and change that term for R.

However, I am cooperating with another person to build an insecure kernel for this device (well, to be fair, he is doing all of the work. I am only providing the info that he needs of the phone and trying out his theories). The thing is that we hope that in a near future we will be able to root the Galaxy R with the file we are making and an app called S2 Root, which allready supports our phone.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

Reactions: rolfro65

rolfro65

Jul 30, 2009
Enkoping
rolfro.netai.net
Hey Guy's!

Just found that Samfirmware made a firmware 4 the asian version of Samsung Galaxy Z/R....

The Z/R is called Samsung W GT-I9103 @samfirmware's site :p

But things r starting to happen with our beloved giz.....(mo)

M

m.kochan10

fan vad skönt! ;)

I bought my R two days ago, and I started to worry that...there was practically no information about our device even on official samsung website. I even sent an email to them and asked how it was possible that they sold phones and there wasn't any single picture on their homepage.

I hope they'll root it fast, and we'll get some nice custom roms soon!

Last edited:

SanDooD

May 2, 2011
Please give a link to a working firmware.
And the instructions for flashing the phone.
I killed the firmware after an unsuccessful attempt to gain root:confused:

M

m.kochan10

I'm new to Samsung, have you tried update your phone with Kies?

M

m.kochan10

I'm afraid that there are only asian roms on sammobile.com now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first site you linked is crap. All they did is get articles of the S2 and change that term for R.

However, I am cooperating with another person to build an insecure kernel for this device (well, to be fair, he is doing all of the work. I am only providing the info that he needs of the phone and trying out his theories). The thing is that we hope that in a near future we will be able to root the Galaxy R with the file we are making and an app called S2 Root, which allready supports our phone.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium
    can you say how did you managed to root your SGR?

I need root for apps not for ROMS.

Me too, one of my favorite is ROM manager ;)

First you need to know what is rooting.
    Simply it's an app that gives you access to system folders and all administrator (root) permissions. So there is no root for ROMs or apps, there is just root or no root. At this point there is only Korean or Taiwan ROM with root (super user app) inbuilt.
    But be careful first thing is to copy efs folder from system, and keep tht copy or few of them on your PC or some hard copy. This is a must since anything can be restored with reflashing but this. And this folder contains IMEI number and some other stuff, loosing them means that there will be no more calls and even more. It is possible to restore it but that costs a lot and special equipment is needed for that. So if you root first thing to do is copy efs folder to memory card...PC...

Second thing, do not do NV rebuild in "secret menu" this will delete gsm 3G...settings and you loose radio connection calls...data...
    So keep this in mind ;)
    Not everyone knows how much EFS folder is important, just read how many people lost it in SCS2 when they flashed CM ROM!
    And it's not me against the rest of the world?!?
    Just giving straight forward useful advice and explanation.
    So mister "knowitall", give us some kind of telepathic enlightenment so we (forum users) can quit.
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha just kidding sorry for sarcasm ;)
    you have europe FW ? send me