odin soft brick, Computer won't recognize.

Search This thread

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
OK so i was doing a flash back to stock it got stuck on one step (This is a non BL package) So i pulled it now when I plug the phone into the computer it won't recognize its in DL mode. Please help me!

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
Take a look at the Captivate Connection Issues thread. There are some things you can try in there to hopefully get you back on track.

Last edited:

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
I don't think so - as long as you can get to download mode and get the computer to see your phone, there aren't many things that ODIN/Heimdall can't correct.

I reinstalled the drivers and the computer noticed it, hopefully it will work.

OK it started to work then the screen turned green?

Its stuck at Factory.rfs witht the screen continually green.

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
I believe you do need to repartition, as the ICS builds use an MTD file scheme, and rewriting that would be part of the process.

The Phone--/!\--PC screen should work the same as download mode.

And, as b-eock mentioned above, make sure you're running Odin as an administrator.

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Its setting up the connection... still doing it...OMG MAN WHATS WRONG WITH THIS THING. I cannot lose this phone, this will have been my third Cappy.

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Nope. Look in the one-clicks thread in the development section for a Heimdall one-click. It will set itself up on your Windows machine and do all the same flashing stuff that Odin can do.

Found it I'm working on it now

Its giving me the error that the msvcp100 is missing even though i installed the microsoft thing it asks for

Last edited:

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Is it safe to say that I'm pretty much screwed and take it to an ATT store and say this happened while I was upgrading to gingerbread?

I tried a GB one-click and now a puple screen? WTF is going on!

Last edited:

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
Have you rebooted the computer since running the installation? Try that first. Sometimes a reboot will pick up the changes you've made.

By the way, with Heimdall you'll need to pay attention to what USB port you have the phone plugged into. Heimdall associates itself with one port at a time (the port the phone was attached to when you ran the installer).

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
HOLY CRAP!!!! that GB one click gave me download mode back

But its not accepting anything, it connects to the computer but then sits at setup_connection

OK it looks like its gonna work!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

captican

Feb 26, 2011
Have you tried Heimdall? Sometimes where Odin fails, Heimdall will work.

Heimdall saved me a couple of times but remember that, since it uses a different set of usb drivers, you may end up with some difficulty with Odin later on due to the different drivers.

If Heimdall does work and you computer has difficulty with Odin, Apex makes a Heimdall package with CWM so you can go from there. I am back on Slim ICS now.

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
Try Heimdall one more time, but this time, grab one of the bootloader packages. It sounds like there's a mismatch between your bootloaders and your rom (e.g. froyo bootloaders and gb rom).