Unlocking bootloader disadvantage?

Search This thread

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
I have searched and asked this many times. But no one seems to have a answer for me. So let's see if someone on the Q & A thread will...

I have a Z1 that can be boot loader unlocked. However I don't know whether its worth it.

The biggest thing to put me off was loss of x reality but there is a solution now.

The biggest thing that is putting me off is camera performance. I heard it removes Sony software for the camera called BIONZ. I want to know if anyone can tell the difference in camera quality with their unlocked boot loader as opposed to a locked boot loader.

So any answers appreciated!

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
Well there is a thread somewhere around here called another Sony secret and they are talking about the difference between pictures with an unlocked bl and pictures with a locked bl...the op said that there is a lot more noise in the pictures with an unlocked bl...look for that thread and you will find more info

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

benziii

Mar 4, 2010
Lillestrøm
Well I have mentioned this earlier.

This has had no negative effect on mine. I saw a camera improvement overall in .290, but other than that I have not been very satisfied with 4.3.
.257 had way less issues (talking about firmware as a whole here). Fingers crossed for kitkat:fingers-crossed:

So what I'm saying is, weird that I can percieve better results going from locked .257 - to unlocked .290.

I've read around that mentioned thread, and to me there was heavy speculation going on in there.

Reactions: AndroidInsanity

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
Well there is a thread somewhere around here called another Sony secret and they are talking about the difference between pictures with an unlocked bl and pictures with a locked bl...the op said that there is a lot more noise in the pictures with an unlocked bl...look for that thread and you will find more info

That thread was rated 1 star last time I checked so was not sure if it was true, plus, they were on bout low light mostly. I want to know about good light :)

I think I might just go ahead and do it Just hope I don't regret it as I take pictures a lot.

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
That thread was rated 1 star last time I checked so was not sure if it was true, plus, they were on bout low light mostly. I want to know about good light :)

I think I might just go ahead and do it Just hope I don't regret it as I take pictures a lot.

I'm sure in good light you won't notice the difference so just go for it... Don't forget to backup all the important stuff like TA etc...

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
@technostein
Unlock bootloader and try, if you don't like it just restore your TA and you are back again...

Just be sure you are on 4.3 because of camera...

I was always unlocking bootloader but I bought Z1 (in purpose) with bootloader status - NO.

I'm completely satisfied with Sony ROMs ( back from 4.1.2) and can't find any reason to use custom kernel...

Just don't need that...

OC? Really don't need more cpu or gpu speed.
All other features are already in stock kernel...

Maybe, only, if Sony decide not to add KNOCKON feature- I would miss custom kernel - but who cares for just one thing...

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
@technostein
Unlock bootloader and try, if you don't like it just restore your TA and you are back again...

I was always unlocking bootloader but I bought Z1 (in purpose) with bootloader status - NO.

I'm completely satisfied with Sony ROMs ( back from 4.1.2) and can't find any reason to use custom kernel...

Just don't need that...

Maybe, only, if Sony decide not to add KNOCKON feature- I would miss custom kernel - but who cares for just one thing...

Reason why I am tempted it because I run ihackers ROM 3.0 and I liked the changelogs of ihackers kernel. such as noise reduction in camera and loads of tweaks and build prop tweaks. :)

kart_man_21

Dec 25, 2005
Be aware that by unlocking formally sony's guarantee will be lost, as that is stated in their terms. I don't know if relocking will fix the guarantee issue of there is a need later on.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I saw somewhere on XDA a thread about differences quality pictures between Locked and Unlocked Bootloader and the pictures on Unlocked Bootloader had much more less quality and more noise than the one with the Locked Bootloader. I can't guarantee the accuracy of that information but if it is true then Unlocking Bootlader is very bad for the quality pictures. I am sure it can be fixed because of software related but how and when I don't know. I still keep my Bootloader Locked even if I am tempt to unlock it to install CM11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I have mentioned this earlier.

This has had no negative effect on mine. I saw a camera improvement overall in .290, but other than that I have not been very satisfied with 4.3.
    .257 had way less issues (talking about firmware as a whole here). Fingers crossed for kitkat:fingers-crossed:

So what I'm saying is, weird that I can percieve better results going from locked .257 - to unlocked .290.

I've read around that mentioned thread, and to me there was heavy speculation going on in there.

I'm sure in good light you won't notice the difference so just go for it... Don't forget to backup all the important stuff like TA etc...

@technostein

Just don't need that...