www.caixamagica.pt
DISCLAIMER:

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * DO NOT LEECH MY DOWNLOADS, PLEASE RE-DIRECT YOUR FORUM /PAGE 
 * TO THIS THREAD, IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, YOU CAN SAY THANKS, 
 * AND MAYBE BUY ME SOME BEERS
 */

Hello Guys ! ;)
In this thread you will find my custom ROM AOSP Based for the ZTE V970 / V970M / Smart a18.
Based upon WIKO Peax Stock ROM: Fully Ported; Optimized; added several Improvements
Please be sure to read (and re-read) this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions.

What's included ?

• Pure JB 4.1.2 : No useless Junk, Just Pure Performance, Stable and Fast...
  • Using my latest Custom Kernel Version 1.3
    (Check the kernel thread , for changelogs), among other things: Overclock Ready + Several IO Schedulers and CPU Governors to choose from.
  • Featuring my Custom GFX / eGL Patch (Bye bye , graphical issues, and Lag that plagues all JellyBean Roms)

CyanogenMOD 10.1 Backported apps :
  • Apollo Music Player ; instead of the stock mtk Music Player
  • cLock; Beutiful Clock and weather Widget
  • Trebuchet Launcher; light, small and beutiful, instead of the stock mtk JB Launcher
  • Torch.
  • And Also the Google's Gallery/Camera from JB 4.3.

Other features / Mods:

• Aroma Installer (Supports Both Partitions Layouts, Stock and Extended)
  • Battery percentage (in steps of 1%) display Mod, and with new battery icons
  • Take Screenshot: Pressing POWER+VOL DOWN Buttons
  • Volume Rocker WAKE: Wake your device with the VOL Keys (doesn't work on DeepSleep)
  • Latest Stericson BusyBox
  • Add-Free HOST File (No more adds Spamming you...)
  • Pre-Rooted with Latest SuperSU (v1.97)
  • Update the APN's from the CyanogenMOD repo
  • Zipaligned apks (for better performance)
  • In-built Xposed framework and latest GravityBOX (3.1.1)
  • Settings and Recent Apps shortcuts on Status Bar
  • Multi Language (English as Default)
  • Minimal GAPPS from JB 4.2.2 included, rest of the apps can be downloaded from the Play.
  • And other things ...

How to Install

• First you will need an costum Recovery, you can check on the Carliv Touch Recovery Thread, Instructions and download links.
  • Full Wipes Required (recomended) - No WIPE; No Cry !

Changelogs

Changelog Build v1.1 (May 25 2014)

• Improved the Rom for the users with the Extended UserData MOD. (changed framework/ other things), now it will no longer recognize your SDCard as "Internal Memory".
  • GPS: A-GPS is now enabled by Default (less time to lock on Sats) - thanks Fernando Oliveira ;)
  • Camera-Panorama fixed
  • Reverted to an more stable Camera app also from JB4.3 -> to JB 4.2 due to FC on photo editing
  • latest GravityBox build 3.1.3
  • Update some GAPS (Minimal GAPS, you can download the rest from the Play)
  • Some other minor things ...
NOTE: The BBoostManger app will "FC" ; that's NOT an BUG, i did that on purpose...
What you'll be using it's that app WIDGET to Overclock / Back to stock clock.
For changing CPU Governors and IO Shedulers, use the "Performance Control" app (included), or just download the "No frills CPU" app from the PLAY.

Changelog Build v1.0 (May 21 2014)

• First Release

ROM Download is available in the XDA: DEVDB "Download" Section

GPL Compliance and KANGing
Kernel 3.4.5

yG18r6g.png

I do respect the GPL, but using someone else's work without proper credits is just LACK OF RESPECT.
  • The inclusion of this kernel in your ROMS is NOT allowed.
  • Instead add a link to my kernel thread as a recommendation on your thread.

The eGL Patch, can be used in your ROMS, BUT PLEASE... Add proper Credits for the work i've made.

My KERNEL SOURCES:
My GitHub Repo
Credits:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][KERNEL][A.O.S.P. JB 4.1.2]ZTE V970 / V970M[MULTILANG] , ROM for the Android General

Contributors
superdragonpt
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CWM / CARLIV TOUCH RECOVERY
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-05-21

Created 2014-05-22
Last Updated 2014-05-25

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-21-21-44-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-21-44-46.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 8,891
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-47-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-47-05.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 8,654
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-47-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-47-16.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 8,734
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-48-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-48-12.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 8,459
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-25-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-25-38.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 8,426
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-07-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-07-34.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 8,193
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-21-46-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-21-46-32.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 8,416
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-47-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-11-47-25.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 8,224

nadiren

Feb 1, 2013
will try and post the thoughts about the rom soon, thnx for your efforts again...

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
will try and post the thoughts about the rom soon, thnx for your efforts again...

Thanks (i really don't have much time to test Roms ...)
The Source development is taking all my free time right now ...

WOW 940+ Downloads in less then 24hours, and only you replied here.
Feedback is really important in tracking bugs (?).

Luckly my FB Group is still very active, one bug they found was the Camera Panorama Mode, shows an Black Screen... will add the little patch in some minutes.

regards ;)

EDIT: Camera Panorama Patch added
Check the Downloads Section

Last edited:

italianospn

Aug 15, 2011
Hi!
Firs of all thanks superdragonpt for the rom.
I have a little bug a don't know how to solve i get the following message:"IMEI not valid" how can i fix it?¿ i've already try tu make a backup of the imei but i haven't been succesfull.

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Hi!
I have a little bug a don't know how to solve i get the following message:"IMEI not valid" how can i fix it?¿ i've already try tu make a backup of the imei but i haven't been succesfull.

IF you have the single-SIM variant, it's normal that you get that message on the 2ND SIM.
If you own an Dual-SIM, then you did something wrong... Please Make an FULL WIPES on Recovery an install again.
If it persists, there's several tuts here on XDA, on how to recover your IMEI on MTK Based Devices.

ON TOPIC:

• Improved the Rom for the users with the Extended UserData MOD. (changed framework/ other things), now it will no longer recognize your SDCard as "Internal Memory".
  • GPS: A-GPS is now enabled by Default (less time to lock on Sats)- thanks Fernando Oliveira ;)
  • Camera-Panorama fixed
  • Reverted to an more stable Camera app also from JB4.3 -> to JB 4.2 due to FC on photo editing
NOTE: The BBoostManger app will "FC" ; that's NOT an BUG, i did that on purpose...
For changing CPU Governors and IO Shedulers, use the "Performance Control" app (included), or just download the "No frills CPU" app from the PLAY.

Regards ;)

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
hi

Some users said that on JB 4.1.x Roms, the Notifications from the facebook app (browser works ok) was giving random reboots and frozing the phone.

Well here's an new kernel for STOCK Based 4.1.x Roms Only (doesn't work on MIUI/Lewa) but its just an matter of repacking the kernel with MIUI/LeWa ramdisks (i wont do it for now)

JB 4.2.2 does NOT have this issues.

New testing kernel download here:

KERNEL_JB4.1_ZTE_v970._v1.3-R2.zip - 3.14 MB

This fix will be added on the next v1.4

Thanks to all FaceBook members for testing this new kernel, and helping me debuging the issue thru the day ...
Regards ;)

optybg

May 25, 2008
Sofia
In-built Xposed framework and latest GravityBOX (3.1.1)

First many thanks for your HARD work!!!
I use now Miui v4, but i want to use Xposed mods so I will try this ROM next week when have more free time. Can i install Xposed framework or there is preinstalled app

BobBro

Nov 23, 2011
New Rom

Many thanks for this "new rom" It is nice to see the work keep going on this phone. I just installed V1.1 and will see how it goes-I came from your Muse Rom which I think is one of the best for this phone. I don't use this as a DD anymore (now on a Huawei Honor 3C) but it is still nice to keep on top of new development for this phone. I still have a HTC Incredible S I am doing the same with.

Thanks Again :good:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
I found a problem that if u disconnect the phole while is mounted as a Massive Storage, the phone will reset.

10/10 Overall awesome job DragonPT

There's no problem o0.

Just be sure to safely disconnect USB devices on your PC, and then turn off the file transfering on phone ( and this is how people should do it, in the first place)

Then simply disconect the phone, and all is ok.

The reboot happens becouse you unplugged the usb cable, too fast; or didnt safely disconnect the mass storage.

Regards

kromazorg

Dec 8, 2009
Hello superdragonpt and thanks for all the hard work.
I've been using your roms for a while now and I decided to test this A.O.S.P. I've noticed that when I make a call the screen turns off and I'm unable to turn ir on again to cancel the call or use the phone in any other way.
Did you receive any complain about this situation?

Thanks for all

Reactions: agren

nadiren

Feb 1, 2013
hi @superdragonpt,

i happen to see i cant change time and date manually; if i choose manual to set date and time, that part becomes still passive as automatic...

its ok now; np in your work; seems some of my alterations in the rom caused it ;)

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Hello superdragonpt and thanks for all the hard work.
I've been using your roms for a while now and I decided to test this A.O.S.P. I've noticed that when I make a call the screen turns off and I'm unable to turn ir on again to cancel the call or use the phone in any other way.
Did you receive any complain about this situation?

Thanks for all

No problems here...
hi @superdragonpt,

i happen to see i cant change time and date manually; if i choose manual to set date and time, that part becomes still passive as automatic...

its ok now; np in your work; seems some of my alterations in the rom caused it ;)

Theres no issues.

You need to turn OFF first the automatic date and time, in order to input it manually:

Settings > date &time > Automatic date & time > OFF

After this, the manual option will be available.
That's the normal behaviour. ;)

Regards

Reactions: nadiren

edgardurao

Aug 16, 2005
Lisbon
email v6 feature

It's not rom related yet, but I've made a request to integrate e-mail v6 and corresponding exchange services in ROM.
Since I can't change it here it is the update: despite the beautiful ui I can't download attachments from my company exchange server. So it's useless.
Seems to be a bug in this email v6 version from KitKat and searching Google there are a lot of problems reported, since downloads to problems like connectivity SD errors etc.
So reverted email and exchange services to v4 and all winning in this ROM.

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
It's not rom related yet, but I've made a request to integrate e-mail v6 and corresponding exchange services in ROM.
Since I can't change it here it is the update: despite the beautiful ui I can't download attachments from my company exchange server. So it's useless.
Seems to be a bug in this email v6 version from KitKat and searching Google there are a lot of problems reported, since downloads to problems like connectivity SD errors etc.
So reverted email and exchange services to v4 and all winning in this ROM.

Hi
i really don't now, i dont use exchange, what version works for you?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

@yournametv (he can't reply on the thread) and other guys with the 512MB RAM variant (Vietnam/ Taiwan ...):

- Thanks for the logs, im checking those.

One thing that pops up very cleary is that some kernel modules fails to load, this means that your variant indeed uses some extra/ diff sensors.
It's not just on Ram memory that differs.

regards

Last edited:
Reactions: yournametv

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * DO NOT LEECH MY DOWNLOADS, PLEASE RE-DIRECT YOUR FORUM /PAGE 
     * TO THIS THREAD, IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, YOU CAN SAY THANKS, 
     * AND MAYBE BUY ME SOME BEERS
     */

Hello Guys ! ;)
    In this thread you will find my custom ROM AOSP Based for the ZTE V970 / V970M / Smart a18.
    Based upon WIKO Peax Stock ROM: Fully Ported; Optimized; added several Improvements
    Please be sure to read (and re-read) this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions.

What's included ?

• Pure JB 4.1.2 : No useless Junk, Just Pure Performance, Stable and Fast...
    • Using my latest Custom Kernel Version 1.3
      (Check the kernel thread , for changelogs), among other things: Overclock Ready + Several IO Schedulers and CPU Governors to choose from.
    • Featuring my Custom GFX / eGL Patch (Bye bye , graphical issues, and Lag that plagues all JellyBean Roms)

CyanogenMOD 10.1 Backported apps :
    • Apollo Music Player ; instead of the stock mtk Music Player
    • cLock; Beutiful Clock and weather Widget
    • Trebuchet Launcher; light, small and beutiful, instead of the stock mtk JB Launcher
    • Torch.
    • And Also the Google's Gallery/Camera from JB 4.3.

Other features / Mods:

• Aroma Installer (Supports Both Partitions Layouts, Stock and Extended)
    • Battery percentage (in steps of 1%) display Mod, and with new battery icons
    • Take Screenshot: Pressing POWER+VOL DOWN Buttons
    • Volume Rocker WAKE: Wake your device with the VOL Keys (doesn't work on DeepSleep)
    • Latest Stericson BusyBox
    • Add-Free HOST File (No more adds Spamming you...)
    • Pre-Rooted with Latest SuperSU (v1.97)
    • Update the APN's from the CyanogenMOD repo
    • Zipaligned apks (for better performance)
    • In-built Xposed framework and latest GravityBOX (3.1.1)
    • Settings and Recent Apps shortcuts on Status Bar
    • Multi Language (English as Default)
    • Minimal GAPPS from JB 4.2.2 included, rest of the apps can be downloaded from the Play.
    • And other things ...

How to Install

• First you will need an costum Recovery, you can check on the Carliv Touch Recovery Thread, Instructions and download links.
    • Full Wipes Required (recomended) - No WIPE; No Cry !

Changelogs

• GPS: A-GPS is now enabled by Default (less time to lock on Sats) - thanks Fernando Oliveira ;)
    • Camera-Panorama fixed

Changelog Build v1.0 (May 21 2014)

• First Release

ROM Download is available in the XDA: DEVDB "Download" Section

GPL Compliance and KANGing
    Kernel 3.4.5

yG18r6g.png

I do respect the GPL, but using someone else's work without proper credits is just LACK OF RESPECT.
    • The inclusion of this kernel in your ROMS is NOT allowed.
    • Instead add a link to my kernel thread as a recommendation on your thread.

The eGL Patch, can be used in your ROMS, BUT PLEASE... Add proper Credits for the work i've made.

My KERNEL SOURCES:
    My GitHub Repo
    Credits:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][KERNEL][A.O.S.P. JB 4.1.2]ZTE V970 / V970M[MULTILANG] , ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    superdragonpt
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM / CARLIV TOUCH RECOVERY
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-21

Created 2014-05-22
    Last Updated 2014-05-25

Thanks (i really don't have much time to test Roms ...)
    The Source development is taking all my free time right now ...

WOW 940+ Downloads in less then 24hours, and only you replied here.
    Feedback is really important in tracking bugs (?).

Luckly my FB Group is still very active, one bug they found was the Camera Panorama Mode, shows an Black Screen... will add the little patch in some minutes.

regards ;)

EDIT: Camera Panorama Patch added
    Check the Downloads Section
    Reserved for FAQ

Will add this tomorow .......
    Hi!

IF you have the single-SIM variant, it's normal that you get that message on the 2ND SIM.
    If you own an Dual-SIM, then you did something wrong... Please Make an FULL WIPES on Recovery an install again.
    If it persists, there's several tuts here on XDA, on how to recover your IMEI on MTK Based Devices.

ON TOPIC:

• GPS: A-GPS is now enabled by Default (less time to lock on Sats)- thanks Fernando Oliveira ;)
    • Camera-Panorama fixed

Regards ;)
    [/B]
    Mine is 1GB Chinese WCDMA version bought over a year ago. Probably using slightly different storage unit and/or motherboard. It works fine with ICS, but with @bgcngm's JB the SD card wasn't accessible. The new custom kernel fixed that, but in AOSP version I believe there is another problem, I think it's the internal storage which is visible, but sort of read only - all the apps were installed to SD card instead of internal storage which caused crashes for widget based apps (as those can run from internal storage only).
    Note, that on my revision also Carliv Touch Recovery doesn't see the external SD card (probably because of JB stock kernel), only good old bgcngm's CWM allows to install JB or AOSP rom plus custom kernel.

Hi

Yes im aware of this issues, and The different hardware revisions.
    Im looking at fixing The issue with this ROM.

Regarding recovery:

I already made an new version, problem is my ISP is having problems, so im on The 3rd day now without internet acess ( only via mobile)

To solve this recovery problems, there will be 4 recovery builds. I will explain that when i release.

Regards