[Q] Active display Issue

Search This thread

ECassinelli

Jun 6, 2014
Hello,

Like the tittle said. I have a little problem with active display, it seems like my moto x is too sensitive to movement, for example, when I am on my bed and my device is besides me active display start showing the time without touching or picking up the phone, I think it does it just because of the movement I do. Does anyone else have this problem? I also want to know if there is away to only show active display only for notification and not for the time. I appreciate the help.

p.d.: sorry for my bad english

yankeesfan714

Jan 6, 2013
I have the same issue. If I'm not mistaken active display works off of the proximity sensor. If it see dark then light it will trip the display. Like if you were to take it out of your pocket.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ECassinelli

Jun 6, 2014
I have the same issue. If I'm not mistaken active display works off of the proximity sensor. If it see dark then light it will trip the display. Like if you were to take it out of your pocket.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah just a while ago I put it on my table with no movement and just move my hand above it without touching it and the time appear, so i guess it is the proximity sensor, but it feels very weird and annoying :(

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hello,

Like the tittle said. I have a little problem with active display, it seems like my moto x is too sensitive to movement, for example, when I am on my bed and my device is besides me active display start showing the time without touching or picking up the phone, I think it does it just because of the movement I do. Does anyone else have this problem? I also want to know if there is away to only show active display only for notification and not for the time. I appreciate the help.

The behavior you have described is normal. I don't consider it a problem. Yes the phone uses sensors to trigger Active Display, but because of X8 it uses almost zero battery. The convenience of not having to press the power button (to trigger the lock screen) is well worth it IMO. If you find it too 'annoying', I would suggest disabling AD since there is no adjustment you can make to it.

P.S. The phone uses multiple sensors to trigger AD. Proxmity, Gyro, Accelerometer, and even the microphone.

Good Luck

Reactions: yankeesfan714

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
If you have pending notifications, it will get annoying. Swipe away the pending stuff and it won't be as sensitive

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
Just to reiterate what everyone is saying, this behavior is normal. It doesn't use much battery at all, and it's very handy.

I prefer it this way. I can just knock hard on whatever surface the X is sitting on and it shows me the time and/or notifications.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

The behavior you have described is normal. I don't consider it a problem. Yes the phone uses sensors to trigger Active Display, but because of X8 it uses almost zero battery. The convenience of not having to press the power button (to trigger the lock screen) is well worth it IMO. If you find it too 'annoying', I would suggest disabling AD since there is no adjustment you can make to it.

P.S. The phone uses multiple sensors to trigger AD. Proxmity, Gyro, Accelerometer, and even the microphone.

Good Luck