[Q] Pit File?? Trying to follow Surge's thread and now phone is stuck at VZ logo

Search This thread

Keekers

Aug 4, 2012
I've been trying to follow this thread

[HOW-TO]Upgrade to 4.4.2 VRUFNC5 and keep root (for NC2 and MK2 devices) [05/13/2014]
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868&highlight=pit+file

It's now closed so I'm freaking out. I thought I had it but I can't find the pit file to load into Jodin. I tried to let Jodin auto find the pit file but my phone is stuck at the VZ red screen and won't move past it.

I've never had this many problems before with rooting, flashing, yada yada yada.

I've googled, searched and searched and gone through 20+ threads and I'm still stuck. Sorry and thanks for reading this.

techguy2002

May 22, 2014
You could always try it. All it can do is fail.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

No harm no foul

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Keekers

Aug 4, 2012
I'm screwed. The more I read the more freaked out I'm getting. The Odin file wouldn't populate...not surprising but it can't get any worse at this point.

Keekers

Aug 4, 2012
Three computers and two ulcers later, I have my phone back up and running. Using a Windows computer did the trick.

Reactions: decaturbob

Keekers

Aug 4, 2012
As long as you can get into download mode you can fix your phone. Call a friend, who has a pc, download all the files, bring your cable and go over there and use odin to do it. Should take ya 15 minutes honestly. Again as long as you can get into download mode your phone is fixable.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

--Sorry, I didn't see the post above. Yay your phone is fixed.

Yay is right and yup, that was the solution!

Top Liked Posts