Wanted to provide my bluetooth headset recommendation for this phone

Search This thread

thor1k

Jul 11, 2014
I've had pretty bad luck across the board with several bluetooth headsets I've tried through the years. Always seemed dependent on phone I was using, had to have it within like 2 feet of the phone for a solid connection...and even with solid connection voice quality was always poor, complaints on both ends. Between cell call quality never being exactly HD, adding in the poor bluetooth compression other companies were using was just too much. One in four words I wouldn't be able to understand, and between the extra noise the mic would pick up (in spite of all having "dual mics with proprietary noise cancelling algorithm!!!!111") the other person would have trouble understanding me. So I had to take care not to speak too fast, speak slowly, clearly. Far too much trouble.

This is the first headset I haven't had any of those problems with. I couldn't be happier. I regularly ask people how I sound and they say "great"; and the other line always comes through loud and clear.
I'm not sure if it's similar bluetooth stack implementation, and I haven't tested this with other phones; but with the Nexus 5 it's fantastic sound quality, noise cancelling, solid connection (even from pocket I want to say but I usually give bluetooth the 3 feet and line of sight regardless when on phone).

It's the LG HBM-235, linked below

ok I'm trying to link it but I might be spamming. Will update after more posts. You can find it on Amazon.

Hope you guys like it too!