[Q] OPO not connecting to mobile data

Search This thread

Rgrtitan

Aug 11, 2010
Long time lurker, first time post. I am running a stock OPO 64gb with stock CM 4.4.4 on USA T-Mobile with unlimited data + int'l data. *Short version, OPO not connecting to data /MMS international & USA.

While in USA/WA, my mobile data was working fine. I crossed the border to Canada and my phone connected to Canada Rogers, but I was not getting mobile data or MMS. Voice and text were working. After calling T-Mobile several times, they "reset" their network settings to remedy, but still no fix. I had friends w/ me on T-Mobile branded phones, they had LTE / 4G on Canada Rogers. Internet browser said: ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED.

I crossed the border from CAN to USA/WA, and my phone was still connected to Canada Rogers. I reboot my phone, and I only get T-Mobile voice and text; no data and no MMS. Called T-Mo again, and no fix.

I return home, swap SIM card from OPO to Nexus 5, and voilà! Getting LTE and MMS. Swap SIM back, and OPO will not connect to Data or MMS. So the problem does not appear to be SIM related, but OPO related. I wonder if my Nexus 5 would've worked in CAN for data/mms.

*About two weeks ago, while in USA, my mobile data stopped working, I had to get a new SIM card, which solved the problem, but I can't do this all the time, or when Int'l.

My question: How do I get my OPO to work w/ mobile data and MMS w/o getting new sim? I'd like the OPO to work in CAN and USA since I will be traveling to CAN often. Thanks.

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
Have you checked to see if your APN is correct?

Long time lurker, first time post. I am running a stock OPO 64gb with stock CM 4.4.4 on USA T-Mobile with unlimited data + int'l data. *Short version, OPO not connecting to data /MMS international & USA.

While in USA/WA, my mobile data was working fine. I crossed the border to Canada and my phone connected to Canada Rogers, but I was not getting mobile data or MMS. Voice and text were working. After calling T-Mobile several times, they "reset" their network settings to remedy, but still no fix. I had friends w/ me on T-Mobile branded phones, they had LTE / 4G on Canada Rogers. Internet browser said: ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED.

I crossed the border from CAN to USA/WA, and my phone was still connected to Canada Rogers. I reboot my phone, and I only get T-Mobile voice and text; no data and no MMS. Called T-Mo again, and no fix.

I return home, swap SIM card from OPO to Nexus 5, and voilà! Getting LTE and MMS. Swap SIM back, and OPO will not connect to Data or MMS. So the problem does not appear to be SIM related, but OPO related. I wonder if my Nexus 5 would've worked in CAN for data/mms.

*About two weeks ago, while in USA, my mobile data stopped working, I had to get a new SIM card, which solved the problem, but I can't do this all the time, or when Int'l.

My question: How do I get my OPO to work w/ mobile data and MMS w/o getting new sim? I'd like the OPO to work in CAN and USA since I will be traveling to CAN often. Thanks.

Rgrtitan

Aug 11, 2010
I git a new SIM at t-mobile and had the same problem, voice and SMS only.

I reset my APN settings to default, and data and mms are working again.

APN settings all looked same as before though. I had tried resetting the APN in Canada, but it hadn't worked, but I didn't have Canada APN settings though...

Solved for now. Thanks.