Universal - will it work with 2 bluetooth headsets?

Search This thread

modem_man

Dec 15, 2005
Just out of curiosity:

Was thinking of getting a bluetooth caller ID clip like the Sony HBH-200 and also another bluetooth headset like maybe a jabra bt500?

Would the Universal be able to connect to both the headsets and work well?

Just out of curiosity, would like to be able to view the caller id number but use a different bluetooth headset to answer the phone.

Sounds like a lot of work, but I figure it's better than getting the BT800 where you have to look at the number and then put the headset on.

Well, if any of you out there has got 2 bluetooth headsets, would you mind trying it out?

Thanks.

lie_ui

Oct 12, 2005
TX, US
I tried it last nite and it did not work as you expected. It was a great idea though. I was using a HBH-662 (Sony ericson) with a caller ID screen, and another BT headset. Only the second BT headset rings, and the HBH-662 did not respond.

I was thinking before the same idea, but I was expecting a watch (like Casio) that can display the Caller Name via BT. If anyone knows such product (watch) exists, I would love to know.

modem_man

Dec 15, 2005
The Casio watch is a really good idea, but have you seen the size of the watch? It's humongous.

modem_man

Dec 15, 2005
Yah....big watches.

However, came across a software that allows you to link to multiple Bluetooth devices (I think that's what it does).

Can somebody try and see if it'll work with 2 bluetooth headsets then?

There is a trial version of the software:
http://www.bluesoleil.com/

If anybody gets a chance to try it out please post the responses here.

Thanks.

modem_man

Dec 15, 2005
Qtek 9000
UNI_QTEK_13077_176_10900_WWE rom

Headsets:
Motorola HT820
BT800

Paired both headsets to the device.
Both devices rang on receiving a call.
With Jet software, it was able to display caller ID.

Was not able to answer the call from the HT820
Didn't try answering from the BT800

HT820 was not able to Voice Command after Jet software installation

Will test it out some more tonight.

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
You could just get a nokia HS-12w that way you can see who is calling without removing your earpieces !!!

modem_man

Dec 15, 2005
I'm just being vain.

Would like to use a stereo headset without wires and also have a caller ID unit just to view the caller. Was thinking of something like the Nokia that you mention to clip on my front pocket just to view who's calling.

modem_man

Dec 15, 2005
Well...
After extensive testing, I have realized that my dreams of being vain is not possible....at least until somebody starts selling just a bluetooth caller-id display only - like the watch.

Anybody out there know of a bluetooth caller-id diplayer only besides the big ass watch?

Anyway, here's how I tested it.
Bear in mind that this is what I wanted to do.
Since I have a Universal, pulling it out and then twisting the clamshell, takes too long and it's too cumbersome to do.
So I wanted a caller-id display to display the caller-id (name preferably) without opening the clamshell and answer the phone via a bluetooth stereo headset.
Figured I test out the theory that having 2 headsets, 1 with caller-id and one with stereo where I can view the caller-id on one and answer the phone on the other one.
Tried it and true enough as posted above, it doesn't work.

Until there's a new bluetooth caller-id device out there, l8r.