MyTouch Slide Stuck on T-Mobile Splash Boot Screen

Search This thread

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
I tried searching but do not understand the method to fixing this.

I can go into BOOTLOADER and FASTBOOT.
How do I recover my phone when in those two. I tried clicking on RECOVERY but it goes to the splash screen again and gets stuck.

Currently using CM6

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
My post on AndroidForums:
I have a rooted phone.

It was acting weird for the first time today. Whenever I pressed a button it would open up some weird windows I've never seen before. Like a weird looking calendar. So I restarted it and now it won't start up.

I did text someone with wet fingers and some small bits of water got on the keyboard.

MusicMan374

Jun 25, 2010
Kirkland, WA
My post on AndroidForums:
I have a rooted phone.

It was acting weird for the first time today. Whenever I pressed a button it would open up some weird windows I've never seen before. Like a weird looking calendar. So I restarted it and now it won't start up.

I did text someone with wet fingers and some small bits of water got on the keyboard.

Do you still have ESPRIMG.zip from when you rooted? Try putting that on the root of your sd card and going into the bootloader. It may or may not fix your problem though, heard mixed stories.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
Do you still have ESPRIMG.zip from when you rooted? Try putting that on the root of your sd card and going into the bootloader. It may or may not fix your problem though, heard mixed stories.

I downloaded the one from here: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Espresso

then I went into bootloader and ran update.zip (also from there).
Restarted the phone and now it's still stuck on the splash screen.

What has happened?

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
When I open up ESPRING.zip,
there's a recovery.img. Is that my problem? Do I need a different recovery.img?

MusicMan374

Jun 25, 2010
Kirkland, WA
You're going about this all wrong. Okay, let me try to explain. I think you're mixing up recovery and bootloader. You enter the bootloader by holdijg volume down while holding the power button on boot. It should scan for ESPRIMG.zip, and if it finds it, it will flash it from the sd card. Recovery is the place where you flash roms. If you're flashing clockwork recovery, you flash update.zip from recovery, and you get to recovery from the bootloader. But you can't get to recovery, because obviously somethings wrong with recovery. So what I'm saying is put ESPRIMG.zip on the root of your sd card, not in any folders or anything, and then go into the bootloader by holding volume down and power. It should automatically scan for and install the zip. Report back your results

By the way, its ESPRIMG.zip not ESPRING.zip. M, not N.

Reactions: unknownally

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
Okay I held volume down and power,
I'm now in bootloader.
SD Checking...
Loading...[ESPRDIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[ESPRGIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
It is scanning for ESPRIMG.zip now, and taking quite long.

Okay...
Checking...[ESPRIMG.zip]
Parsing...[SD ZIP]

Do you want to start update?
VOLUME UP = YES

Update is in progress...

Do you want to reboot device?
VOL DOWN = NO

Now I am in "HBOOT"

Options:
FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

I navigate to RECOVERY using VOL DOWN.
POWER BUTTON to select
Now I am at the T-mobile splash screen, which is never-ending.

MusicMan374

Jun 25, 2010
Kirkland, WA
Okay I held volume down and power,
I'm now in bootloader.
SD Checking...
Loading...[ESPRDIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[ESPRGIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
It is scanning for ESPRIMG.zip now, and taking quite long.

Okay...
Checking...[ESPRIMG.zip]
Parsing...[SD ZIP]

Do you want to start update?
VOLUME UP = YES

Update is in progress...

Do you want to reboot device?
VOL DOWN = NO

Now I am in "HBOOT"

Options:
FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

I navigate to RECOVERY using VOL DOWN.
POWER BUTTON to select
Now I am at the T-mobile splash screen, which is never-ending.

What happens if you don't try to get to recovery? Try doing just doing a normal boot, see if it works. It may have to do a normal reboot to fully install everything. You might even try letting it reinstall esprimg again and then selecting yes when it prompts to reboot.

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
What happens if you don't try to get to recovery? Try doing just doing a normal boot, see if it works. It may have to do a normal reboot to fully install everything. You might even try letting it reinstall esprimg again and then selecting yes when it prompts to reboot.

Yeah I tried that too.

I guess my phone is bricked, right?

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
There are bricked phones for sale on eBay for $60+

Someone must know how to fix these.

Oh well, I just hope I can get $60+ for it so I can reimburse what I spent for a new phone.

MusicMan374

Jun 25, 2010
Kirkland, WA
Yeah the reason bricked phones go for that price is because the digitizer, LCD, keyboard, it all still works. It's just the mainboard that's toast.

Yeah, sorry man, I'm out of ideas. I mean your phone can't be TOTALLY bricked, it can boot into the bootloader, there's got to be some way to fix it. I just don't know how you would do that. You know what, actually, I have an idea.

Use 7zip or winrar to extract recovery.img from ESPRIMG.zip and go into fastboot and fastboot flash recovery.img. Here's a guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Fastboot

Scroll down to the guide for flashing a custom recovery. This MAY not work because you are s-on still I'm assuming, but we do have an engineering image I believe, so it MIGHT work. Worth a shot at least. You could then you might be able to boot into recovery and flash clockwork and then be able to get your phone working again.You could also try fastboot flashing other partitions in the ESPRIMG.zip but start with recovery.

Reactions: unknownally

HotEspresso

Feb 17, 2010
Try booting the phone with no SD card in it. Mine usually loops on the splash screen if I have it in. Probably won't be your issue, but worth a shot.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

unknownally

Sep 30, 2010
Yeah the reason bricked phones go for that price is because the digitizer, LCD, keyboard, it all still works. It's just the mainboard that's toast.

Yeah, sorry man, I'm out of ideas. I mean your phone can't be TOTALLY bricked, it can boot into the bootloader, there's got to be some way to fix it. I just don't know how you would do that. You know what, actually, I have an idea.

Use 7zip or winrar to extract recovery.img from ESPRIMG.zip and go into fastboot and fastboot flash recovery.img. Here's a guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Fastboot
Scroll down to the guide for flashing a custom recovery. This MAY not work because you are s-on still I'm assuming, but we do have an engineering image I believe, so it MIGHT work. Worth a shot at least. You could then you might be able to boot into recovery and flash clockwork and then be able to get your phone working again.You could also try fastboot flashing other partitions in the ESPRIMG.zip but start with recovery.

I already sold the phone on eBay lol. Waiting for my G2 now.

Try booting the phone with no SD card in it. Mine usually loops on the splash screen if I have it in. Probably won't be your issue, but worth a shot.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
Tried without the SD, without the SIM, and both.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're going about this all wrong. Okay, let me try to explain. I think you're mixing up recovery and bootloader. You enter the bootloader by holdijg volume down while holding the power button on boot. It should scan for ESPRIMG.zip, and if it finds it, it will flash it from the sd card. Recovery is the place where you flash roms. If you're flashing clockwork recovery, you flash update.zip from recovery, and you get to recovery from the bootloader. But you can't get to recovery, because obviously somethings wrong with recovery. So what I'm saying is put ESPRIMG.zip on the root of your sd card, not in any folders or anything, and then go into the bootloader by holding volume down and power. It should automatically scan for and install the zip. Report back your results

By the way, its ESPRIMG.zip not ESPRING.zip. M, not N.