[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Android 4.2 WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

madmack

After finishing my work on porting CM10 to our beloved device, I started playing around some files and compiling to see if we can get our sweet i317 rolling android 4.2.

I present to you the file I currently have, flash using the following steps:

Make sure you're using TWRP 2.3.2 or higher. (Earlier versions don't support 4.2)

1. download the file.
2. download gapps (search google. Hint: gapps-jb-20121212).
3. put them both on your sdcard.
4. reboot into recovery.
5. wipe "system" and factory reset.
6. flash the downloaded file, then the 4.2 gapps that you downloaded and reboot.

What works:
-Audio in speaker, headphones.
-Camera?
-GPS?
-Radio works with LTE speeds.

What doesn't work:
-In call audio.

This rom is tested and should work on these similar devices:
1. AT&T Note 2
2. T-MOBILE Note 2
3. International LTE Note 2

IMPORTANT:
If you want to revert back to a jellybean 4.1.x rom. You'll find that all of your internal sdcard content is moved to a subfolder called 0. This is due to Android's new implementation of multi-user accounts. To get your files back to how they used to be, I created a little cwm file that you need to flash after restoring an old backup or flashing a 4.1 rom. Remember, you flash this file AFTER you restore or flash a 4.1 ROM. The file you need is attached.

Download

Dec 14: http://www.mediafire.com/?rzb9uipj801v1cp

screenshot2012121417192.png

Attachments

• restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip
    360.6 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

madmack

Want to compile? Think you got the know-how to fix our problem? Here is how

Four dirs are required from my github repos:

1. Samsung vendor tree that includes t0att.
2. The kernel. All I did was add a custom defconfig.
3. The device tree (based off nebkat's n7100).
4. smdk4x12-common. I only had to make one exception here.

Or just put this in .repo/local_manifest.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="madmack/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1-test" />
  <project name="madmack/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1-test" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" />
  <project name="madmack/android_device_samsung_t0att" path="device/samsung/t0att" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1-test" />
  <project name="madmack/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1-test" />
</manifest>

save the file, then run "repo sync & breakfast t0att & make"

Last edited:

codeninja99

Dec 12, 2012
After finishing my work on porting CM10 to our beloved device, I started playing around some files and compiling to see if we can get our sweet i317 rolling android 4.2.

Make sure you're using TWRP 2.3.2 or higher. (Earlier versions don't support 4.2)

1. download the file.
4. reboot into recovery.
6. flash the downloaded file, then the 4.2 gapps that you downloaded and reboot.

What works:
-Camera?
-GPS?

What doesn't work:
-In call audio.

IMPORTANT:
If you want to revert back to a jellybean 4.1.x rom. You'll find that all of your internal sdcard content is moved to a subfolder called 0. This is due to Android's new implementation of multi-user accounts. To get your files back to how they used to be, I created a little cwm file that you need to flash after restoring an old backup or flashing a 4.1 rom. Remember, you flash this file AFTER you restore or flash a 4.1 ROM. The file you need is attached.

Download

Thanks for this

Can you please post how you are building?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
damn man....do yo ever take a break? I was just getting CM10 to look the way I want it and now I'm going to have to try this :p

madmack

For devs watching this and think they can help.

Audio RIL is completely broken. Samsung is using some magic sauce in their stock roms to get ril audio path to connect. I couldn't figure it out with CM10, that's why we're still using HAL there.

Here is what I do know: Samsung does not use libsecril-client.so in the LTE variants of the Note 2. Remove the file from stock or cm10, and the thing will work just fine. It does do the routing through another file that audio.primary.smdk connects to: libaudio-ril.so. I have no source for this one, it's all just one big black box at this point. libaudio-ril.so is different from libecril-client, it doesn't share the same symbols. libaudio-ril.so requires several other files that they, in turn require the same shared libs that the ril library shares:

libcsd-client, libssaudio-client and libtinyalsa.so to name a few.

We can't move the HAL stuff to this rom because 4.2 is using different APIs and audio.primary.smdk* (from HAL) won't load because it can't link some functions at load time. It'll complain about undefined symbols.

We can look at some of qualcomm's routing implementation given that they're open source and readily available "audio.primary.msm*" that the d2 variants rely on, or ... I don't know. I'm out of ideas at the moment.

I'm done for today. Adios.

Xirta

Mar 5, 2011
It ran beautifully for the short time I had my test install in.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2842059

Chrome is crazy FC and crash happy. I've lost my SD. I can't see it at all. The keyboard is a bit slow, just enough, just a small bit behind.

Still: I simply can't tell you how good it is to have AOSP on this device. Worth every minor annoyance. Many thanks.

More testing:

Chrome problem: Imputing a username is fine. Typing a password crashes Chrome every time. MX player plays excellent. My GPS seems fine, good strong lock. Still scaring me that I can't see an external SD. (I can see the external SD in TWRP. I can restore from it. I can interact with it fine but when I reboot I get the damaged SD card message.) (Tried a restore from a backup, successful, downgrade patch not so much. Damaged SD message here as well.) Two finger pull down is cute. My notification light is now prismatic instead of a solid color.

And I can't stop toying. I fear I'm deeply addicted to AOSP.

Holy crap! You can edit the two finger!!

Last edited by a moderator:

prmcmanus

My alarm was particularly quiet this morning, lol!
GPS and Navigation work fine on my N7105
My SD Card is in tact, all data fine. CWM Recovery isn't happy about the new location for my backups, but your script to move them can sort that out should I wish to restore.

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
My alarm was particularly quiet this morning, lol!
GPS and Navigation work fine on my N7105
My SD Card is in tact, all data fine. CWM Recovery isn't happy about the new location for my backups, but your script to move them can sort that out should I wish to restore.

Does the GPS find your location?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't want to sound like im asking for an ETA, cuz thats not cool...i did however wanted to see if you've made any headway? And i wanted to see how you're manipulating the libaudio-ril.so file?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

here is a little status update coz I know how much you guys love em :

we're close to getting cm10.1 with stock audio hal (read: closed source samsung stuff) that I used in cm10 running.

This should pave the way for official support but with the stock hal kinks. Once we roll this out, we'll continue working on disecting the decompiled library to hopefully get open source audio rolling eventually.

In any case, I don't think we're far from seeing official cm10.1 support. No precise ETA. We'll also try to roll one ROM for three devices : at&t's, tmobile and the international variant.
    As promised Here is the decompile of the file in c.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0g-ojj_rL70OFlpTnBwRjE3N3c

I had it private should be ok now
    Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

1. download the file.
    4. reboot into recovery.

What works:
    -Camera?
    -GPS?

What doesn't work:
    -In call audio.

This rom is tested and should work on these similar devices:
    1. AT&T Note 2
    2. T-MOBILE Note 2
    3. International LTE Note 2

IMPORTANT:

Download

You're welcome.

Everyone don't forget the thanks button. :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Seeing as this is not official CM and is not original work, this will be moved to Android Development.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

no original work? no one had anything remotely as close as this for any exynos lte device. we literally have everything working except in call audio which we're actively "originally working on".

my original work can be seen in my github commits.

Sorry bud, this doesn't belong in the development section. Please bring it back where it belongs.