New update 357MB OTA

Search This thread

searcher61

Apr 11, 2007
Your profile says you are using an HTC one... But your tapatalk sig says sph-l720.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I pulled it from my phone. I am currently uploading it. I have no clue how well the place I upload it will stand up to people downloading it. If anyone has a good free uploading service let me know.

Thanks ill be F5ing the heck out of my refresh lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I can set up a mirror link as well

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

TaiKing

May 6, 2013
Few other minor things i've noticed, some new icons in settings menu, there is a smart pause toggle in the notifications panel now, there is a legibility check box in the display settings and the touchwiz launcher status bar transparency now works with custom wallpapers.

Reactions: budde2

EPayne123

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Myers
Link shows a 0 Kb file for download on Flopper. Haven't tried downloading yet but want to ensure others have downloaded something from that link.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: budde2

m3a0s

Jul 9, 2007
The OTA update can also be downloaded directly from Google:

EDIT:
I cannot post links yet and the XDA forum keeps putting a space in the address below, so I wrapped the address in code tags now.

Code:
android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SPH-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: stereo386

EPayne123

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Myers
Stereo, because the file you are truing to DL is 0 Kb according to filedropper. Something seems a little off due to FD claiming a 0 Kb file along with the OTA link 404ing also.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pr0zAc311

Jan 18, 2010
MY F#$@#$ing luck. I just got this S4 from sprint this morning. Already been reading root threads, rom threads, bootloader etc. Now when I start it up to activate the damn thing downloads and reboots like 5 times. Should I hold off on any rooting to allow the proper smart folks to look through? If I use a (now older) rooting method it is possible to brick eh? Or am I just freaking out?

Please advise...

krazy_smokezalot

Sep 24, 2010
Washington DC
MY F#$@#$ing luck. I just got this S4 from sprint this morning. Already been reading root threads, rom threads, bootloader etc. Now when I start it up to activate the damn thing downloads and reboots like 5 times. Should I hold off on any rooting to allow the proper smart folks to look through? If I use a (now older) rooting method it is possible to brick eh? Or am I just freaking out?

Please advise...

i know when i get mines in the mail today i wont activate it as of yet but root first than wait and see if Shabby has found anything!!! :good::good:

EDit: if anything you should be able to odin back to MDL with the proper files, and then root! I dont see why it wont work as you dont need SU accesss to use odin!

Last edited:

EPayne123

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Myers

balistic2

Jun 24, 2011
Chicago
Reactions: whypayforit

EPayne123

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Myers
noobnl will figure everything out far before me, i hit a snag. didnt have stock odex like i thought i did so i got a 50 min download :p

How are downloading at all? What link have you used? Unsure due to both should be completely down for everyone is OTA folder for Google is giving a 404 alongside FileDropper giving us a 0 Kb file. Just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Never mind, was typing this before I was able to see post above this one. This link above me is the ONLY one that has worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    See what happens when I don't have the phone in hand?

Downloading now - I'll start pulling it apart.
    Anyone check to see if latest CF-Auto Root and/or SuperSU will stay in after this update?
    Hello all, i'd like to answer some of your questions if possible. I've been working with Knox as a QA resource with a 3rd party testing a implementation of Knox and i'd like to answer a few points that have been brought up.

1. Activating Knox (knoxifying) a device locks the bootloader and activates the Knox Agent. The Knox agent will consistently force close and attempt to unsinstall any SU style application. The bootloader in Odin mode scans bootloader, PDA, Modem, CSC files for a unique Knox Samsung certificate.
    2. After activating Knox you will see that the Secure Boot Mode changes to 'Enforcing'
    3. There is no known way to reverse it back into a Permissive state and remove the Knox agent. Conversations with Samsung have proved less then useful on this subject however i've heard rumor they are coming up with a way to reverse it.
    4. Knox cannot be activated soley on its own.
    5. MDM vendors will still have full control of device even when Knox is activated. Knox is not meant to Sandbox a devices MDM vendor. It is meant to sandbox secure corp data, MDM vendors will more then likely still have samples and controls of device.

I had previously made a thread on reddit.com/r/android which I answered a lot of questions there as well however I cannot link to it due to using a throwaway account.
    whoa, they are updating the entire bootchain and adding 3 new apps. knox, briefing, and SPDclient.. sounds like they finally got knox figured out and ready to deploy
    I'll bet @jonathanhtc had NO CLUE this thread would blow up like this! lol

I made a video showing how to install this AND a video going over the new updates!

How To Install: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMNV2H-2GvA

MF9 Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-h4avjwX3o

Oh, by the way... I ran the MDL tar via Odin (after the MF9 update), used CF Auto Root, installed TWRP, restored my Nandroid... and now the Galaxy S4 is back to CM10.1!
    https://twitter.com/wwjoshdew/status/354477470235361282/photo/1

I plan on making a video on @Unknownforce's MF9 radio update thread, for those that are using CM10.1!
    I pulled it from my phone. I have no clue how well the place I uploaded it will stand up to people downloading it. If anyone has a good free uploading service let me know.

EDIT:
    Here it is with a few mirrors..
    the one on google's site
    android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SPH-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip

then the crappy place i uplaoded it to
    http://www.filedropper.com/bfeb51f4...c37deupdatesph-l720mdlcsbuserrptomf9csbuserrp