[ROM][P768][2013/12/07] CM 10.2 for P768 (unofficial)

Search This thread

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
CyanogenMod 10.2 for P768

CM 10.2 has reach state. So I update this rom and I'm moving my CM repo to CM 11 now.

This is an unofficial CM 10.2 build from source with original omap kernel (3.0.31-CM+). Please flash at your own risk. I've tested on my P768f so it should work on all L9 P768 phone.

Only for P768 phone with Unlocked bootloader!
Camera & Gallery don't work without sdcard, please flash sdcard emulate patch to fix it

Features
  • Original Kernel 30.0.31 CM+ for OMAP board.
  • Jellybean 4.3.1
  • Swap internal/external sdcard / Disable sdcard emulate / Emulate sdcard via Aroma installer option
  • Home button wake phone (you can disable this in Display setting)
  • Reduce headset volume and increase speaker volume
  • OC - 300, 600, 800, 1008, 1200 Not OC by default, must select max 1200 in Performance menu
  • UV - 925, 1075, 1175, 1275, 1350
  • Add SIO, SIOPLUS, FIFO, ROW and VR I/O scheduler
  • Add sanjose, lazy, interactiveX, ondemandx, pegasusq, adaptive, adaptivex, smartass2, zenx and abyssplug CPU Governor
  • UMS (external), MTP (internal/external) and PTP all work, default to UMS, you can select MTP/PTP from "System Setting" > "Storage" > "Usb computer connection", I suppress old ICS UMS dialog so don't panic when it open and then suddenly close itself (no better solution for now, I do this because I don't want anyone to open it and press USB connect button. It'll unmount sdcard). <-- Don't add this fix, so don't bother with ICS UMS mount dialog. :eek:

How to install
  • Download rom and put it in sdcard.
  • Download Google Apps for CM10.2 and put it in sdcard.
  • Boot into recovery and Clear cache, dalvik cache and format /system. (Full wipe is recommended but not required if you came from CM 10.2)
  • Flash rom, then flash Google Apps.
  • Flash sdcard emulate patch at this point if you don't have sdcard (Skip this if you have sdcard)
  • Reboot.
  • After reboot if your gps doesn't fix properly please use FasterGPS to change gps config to your region

Download Link

Bugs / known issues
  • CM 10.2 bugs
    • 1080 video recording not work
  • Camera will not work if no sdcard in phone, please select emulate internal sdcard from installer

Version History
  • 2013/12/07 - Fix sound record volume is too low - Thanks Artas182x
  • 2013/12/05 - Update to CM 10.2
  • 2013/11/28 - Update to CM 10.2 RC1
  • 2013/11/21 - Bug fix
    • Fix bluetooth audio
    • Calling volume adjust
    • GPS config update
    • Disable Scissor renderer for SGX540
  • 2013/11/17 - Update to CM 10.2 M1
  • 2013/09/28 - Add kernel mod
    • OC - 300, 600, 800, 1008, 1200 Not OC by default, must select max 1200 in Performance menu
    • Add sanjose, lazy, interactiveX, wheatley, ondemandx, pegasusq, adaptive, adaptivex, smartass2, zenx and abyssplug CPU Governor
    • UMS (external), MTP (internal/external) and PTP all work, default to UMS, you can select MTP/PTP from "System Setting" > "Storage" > "Usb computer connection", I suppress old ICS UMS dialog so don't panic when it open and then suddenly close itself (no better solution for now, I do this because I don't want anyone to open it and press USB connect button. It'll unmount sdcard).
    • Bugs
      • Camera will not work if no sdcard in phone
  • 2013/09/16 - Initial release
    • Jellybean 4.3
    • Swap internal/external sdcard + access sdcard via MTP
    • Bugs

Credits
  • Cyanogenmod for ROM and P760 device tree which I modified it to P768
  • AntonX for serveral bugs fix.
  • artas182x for default sound profile values

Last edited:

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
HOW TO

Flash over last version
  1. You can flash new version over old version
  2. Put rom & gapps for CM10.1 in sdcard
  3. Boot to recovery
  4. Wipe cache & dalvik cache
  5. Flash rom & gapps
  6. Reboot

Flash this ROM over CM10.1
  1. Put rom & gapps for CM10.2 in sdcard
  2. Boot to recovery
  3. Wipe cache & dalvik cache
  4. Flash rom & gapps
  5. Reboot

Enable OC, change I/O scheduler and change CPU governor
  1. You need to enable developer mode on your phone, do it by
  2. Goto "System Setting" > "About phone" > Tap 7 times on "Build number". You're now enable developer mode.
  3. Goto "System Setting" > "Performance"
  4. Enable OC by select "Processor" and set "Maximum CPU frequency" to 1200
  5. You can also change CPU governor in that page, about what is it please refer to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1792369 and http://translate.google.com/transla...013/01/governor-scheduler-tcp-bejegyzest.html
  6. You can change IO scheduler in "I/O scheduler", please read about it at https://www.vincentkong.com/wiki/android/android-io-schedulers/
  7. Please test all changes before select "Set on Boot" because if something go wrong you can reboot your phone to revert it.

Cannot connect to wireless access point
This problem mostly occur when you got some error at first boot. The problem is error interrupt startup service to write proper MAC address data to file. Your wifi mac address will be 00:00:00:00:00:00
  1. Use file manager or adb to delete /data/misc/wifi folder from your phone
  2. Reboot (disconnect usb cable to make sure there're no error at startup)

Last edited:

mato_d007

Feb 24, 2012
San Luis
Great, gonna test and report later.

EDIT: Reporting
Bugs:
1-CyanogenMod account remote wipe does not work, nothing happens. Location works fine btw.
2-When downloading (eg an app from market) under wi-fi, it eats all the connection. I cannot download another thing or visit a web for a couple of seconds. Sometimes it gives a time out error, other times takes a while to start to download. If you dont download many things simultaneously you wont notice this. This could a problem with my router, but i dont recall this happening before with my old Defy.
3-ADB wont work on Windows 8 x64 for me, tried different drivers but LG E2 USB device never gets installed correctly.
4-GPS can only see 2 sat and never locks position.
N°2, 3 and 4 are bugs that i experienced also on the p760 version of CM10.2
Aside from those bugs, everything else seems to work perfectly, great work.

Last edited:

donk165

So how is 10.2 over 10.1.3? I'm using 10.1.3 and having no issues, I find the battery life to be slightly less than stock, mainly when 3G data is left on. I've disabled location access via 3G and WiFi and that has helped a little, Google Now is off also.

Is the battery life any better on 10.2? I found going from 4.2 to 4.3 on my nexus 7 to gave no benefits.

Also, to prevent posts in this thread of people getting security errors, I think it would be a good idea to link the bootloader unlock guide in the OP.

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
So how is 10.2 over 10.1.3? I'm using 10.1.3 and having no issues, I find the battery life to be slightly less than stock, mainly when 3G data is left on. I've disabled location access via 3G and WiFi and that has helped a little, Google Now is off also.

Is the battery life any better on 10.2? I found going from 4.2 to 4.3 on my nexus 7 to gave no benefits.

Also, to prevent posts in this thread of people getting security errors, I think it would be a good idea to link the bootloader unlock guide in the OP.

My battery life on 10.1.3 is better than stock (3G on) after use it for a while. After flash CM I notice that first day my battery life is not good as I expected. So I install cpu spy and wakelock detector to see what the problem. My phone don't go to deep sleep mode and that because of some apps (Line, Google keep, ...). I try to use it for a few day and the deep sleep problem gone, don't know why. The battery life is good when my phone enter deep sleep when I don't use it.

Bugs:
1-CyanogenMod account remote wipe does not work, nothing happens. Location works fine btw.
2-When downloading (eg an app from market) under wi-fi, it eats all the connection. I cannot download another thing or visit a web for a couple of seconds. Sometimes it gives a time out error, other times takes a while to start to download. If you dont download many things simultaneously you wont notice this. This could a problem with my router, but i dont recall this happening before with my old Defy.
3-ADB wont work on Windows 8 x64 for me, tried different drivers but LG E2 USB device never gets installed correctly.

All that bugs come from CM 10.2, I just build it for those who want to test. I'll rebuild it again in a week or so to add any bug fix from CM (if any).

For GPS there're some people in P760 thread posted that it work with some fix. I don't test it yet.

mato_d007

Feb 24, 2012
San Luis

In my case is like artit says, better battery life than stock (tough i use mostly wi fi and a bit of 3G), on deep sleep it only eats about 1% per hour, about 10.1.3 i dont see many diferences tbh, both of them works fine on our devices luckily. The battery life with the screen on all the time (playing games, surfing, messaging, etc) its 5 hours approx. Without touching it on deep sleep you can reach 24+ hours. Forgot to mention that i use many accounts (FB,G+, LINE, whatsapp, Skype, Cyano, Twitter) and i have auto sync activated always. Its a very good rom a good daily driver if you dont care much about the gps problems.

All that bugs come from CM 10.2, I just build it for those who want to test. I'll rebuild it again in a week or so to add any bug fix from CM (if any).

For GPS there're some people in P760 thread posted that it work with some fix. I don't test it yet.

Yeah like i said, i experienced those bugs previously on the p760 version but i reported them here so everyone can see them. Thanks for taking the time to build this version.
I tried the suggested fix for GPS bug (modify the gps.conf file) but sadly, it didnt helped in my case.

donk165

Thank you for the replies guys. Ill try what you suggested about wakelock checking and using CPU spy, I'm sure I need to turn off a few Google apps or at least their syncing.

I'll try out this 10.2 version once I have everything fully setup to my liking on 10.1, then I can make a backup and switch back if needs be.

I wasn't aware of a GPS problem, but to be honest, I don't really use GPS.

aloy99

May 15, 2011
Hey, how did you get the camera to work in CM10? Thanks :)

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

aloy99

May 15, 2011
I replaced /system/vendor/firmware/ducati_m3.bin from P768 ICS stock rom.

I thought you said it only work with stock ROMs and not CM based ROMs?

EDIT: I found your patch, thanks a bunch :)
Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

donk165

I seem to be haivng a problem keeping 10.2 installed. I have tried a clean install by wiping all directories but external_SD, and then installed 10.2, then gapps, then wiped caches and booted. I can boot up and use the phone fine but as soon as I turn it off, it just gets stuck on the LG logo on the bootup. I have tried fixing permissions and rewiping caches. I have also tried to go from 10.1 to 10.2 without data wiping and I get the same results, great first time round, doesnt boot after switching off. I have also tried full wipes, then install CM + GAPPS, then advanced restore just data from 10.1 then wipe caches then boot. Again with the same results!

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep CM10.2 working for me? (Other than never switching it off :p)

Thanks, donk165

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
I seem to be haivng a problem keeping 10.2 installed. I have tried a clean install by wiping all directories but external_SD, and then installed 10.2, then gapps, then wiped caches and booted. I can boot up and use the phone fine but as soon as I turn it off, it just gets stuck on the LG logo on the bootup. I have tried fixing permissions and rewiping caches. I have also tried to go from 10.1 to 10.2 without data wiping and I get the same results, great first time round, doesnt boot after switching off. I have also tried full wipes, then install CM + GAPPS, then advanced restore just data from 10.1 then wipe caches then boot. Again with the same results!

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep CM10.2 working for me? (Other than never switching it off :p)

Thanks, donk165

I don't use this rom recently and build it only for testing so there may be bugs. I'll try to reproduce your issue and update source from CM to see if it's fixed.

IMO, stable version is more suitable for daily use. That's why I focus on stable version because I don't want to build CM nightly every 2-3 days.

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani

Thanks, donk165

I can't reproduce your issue. Umm... struct at LG logo, it's seem that there're something wrong about kernel or initialization files. What steps you did to get that problem?

I do following

- CWM back my CM 10.1.3 RC2 (I did it last week)
- Reboot to recovery
- Do full wipe, cache, dalvik cache, user data/factory reset then format /system (in mount/unmount menu)
- Install CM 10.2
- Install GApps for CM 10.2, gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip **** Not the same as for CM 10.1
- Reboot
- Login to CM account & google
- Install some app
- Do 2-3 reboot without problem

Then I test restore data from CM 10.1.3 RC2
- Reboot to recovery
- Advance restore from external sdcard
- Restore /data
- Reboot
- Re-login to CM account
- Phone work fine, but first reboot is longer than normal.
- Try to reboot 1-2 times, no problem.

Did anyone get this problem as donk165?

Last edited:

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
New build is up. I also include some kernel mod from my CM 10.1.3 for P768 rom and a sdcard re-enable patch for those that has no sdcard.

GPS work but took a long time. I'm not on this rom just test it and flash other one. If you have issue you can post here.

Reactions: mato_d007

bahram360

Nov 22, 2012
Isfahan
Do i is Necessary overclock to 1200?But i not want to overclock.i just set to 1008.
speed processor That is 2 dual 1024.
Is there a problem ?

Last edited:

bahram360

Nov 22, 2012
Isfahan
for save battery on this rom What I do?:confused:
and if overclock for always this will damage?

Last edited:

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
for save battery on this rom What I do?:confused:
and if overclock for always this will damage?

No need to do anything to rom configuration because it's a little bit Under Volt (UV) as I state in OP. It's should use less battery than official configuration.

If you still have battery drain problem, it almost come from phone not go into deep sleep mode. There're some app in your phone that keep phone awake. To find out what that app is, you can install "WakeLock detector" along with "CPU spy" to see if you phone goto deep sleep while screen off (CPU spy) and if not what is the problem (Wakelock detector).

For OC I don't use it but it shouldn't damage our phone. I also don't OC GPU because there're no preference for user to disable it.

donk165

I still can't get this Rom to stay booting. I can boot up after the install but once I reboot, it gets stuck on the LG logo. TWRP still works though so I can save my phone. But 10.2 doesn't like my phone. Its weird because 10.1 is fine.

My nexus also died when I put 4.3 on there, maybe 4.3 just doesn't like me lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.2 for P768

CM 10.2 has reach state. So I update this rom and I'm moving my CM repo to CM 11 now.

This is an unofficial CM 10.2 build from source with original omap kernel (3.0.31-CM+). Please flash at your own risk. I've tested on my P768f so it should work on all L9 P768 phone.

Only for P768 phone with Unlocked bootloader!
    Camera & Gallery don't work without sdcard, please flash sdcard emulate patch to fix it

Features
    • Jellybean 4.3.1
    • Swap internal/external sdcard / Disable sdcard emulate / Emulate sdcard via Aroma installer option
    • Add sanjose, lazy, interactiveX, ondemandx, pegasusq, adaptive, adaptivex, smartass2, zenx and abyssplug CPU Governor
    • UMS (external), MTP (internal/external) and PTP all work, default to UMS, you can select MTP/PTP from "System Setting" > "Storage" > "Usb computer connection", I suppress old ICS UMS dialog so don't panic when it open and then suddenly close itself (no better solution for now, I do this because I don't want anyone to open it and press USB connect button. It'll unmount sdcard). <-- Don't add this fix, so don't bother with ICS UMS mount dialog. :eek:

How to install
    • Download rom and put it in sdcard.
    • Download Google Apps for CM10.2 and put it in sdcard.
    • Boot into recovery and Clear cache, dalvik cache and format /system. (Full wipe is recommended but not required if you came from CM 10.2)
    • Flash rom, then flash Google Apps.
    • Flash sdcard emulate patch at this point if you don't have sdcard (Skip this if you have sdcard)
    • Reboot.
    • After reboot if your gps doesn't fix properly please use FasterGPS to change gps config to your region

Download Link

Bugs / known issues
    • CM 10.2 bugs
      • 1080 video recording not work
    • Camera will not work if no sdcard in phone, please select emulate internal sdcard from installer

Version History
    • 2013/12/07 - Fix sound record volume is too low - Thanks Artas182x
    • 2013/12/05 - Update to CM 10.2
    • 2013/11/28 - Update to CM 10.2 RC1
    • 2013/11/21 - Bug fix
      • Fix bluetooth audio
      • Calling volume adjust
      • GPS config update
      • Disable Scissor renderer for SGX540
    • 2013/11/17 - Update to CM 10.2 M1
    • 2013/09/28 - Add kernel mod
      • Add sanjose, lazy, interactiveX, wheatley, ondemandx, pegasusq, adaptive, adaptivex, smartass2, zenx and abyssplug CPU Governor
      • UMS (external), MTP (internal/external) and PTP all work, default to UMS, you can select MTP/PTP from "System Setting" > "Storage" > "Usb computer connection", I suppress old ICS UMS dialog so don't panic when it open and then suddenly close itself (no better solution for now, I do this because I don't want anyone to open it and press USB connect button. It'll unmount sdcard).
      • Bugs
    • 2013/09/16 - Initial release
      • Jellybean 4.3
      • Swap internal/external sdcard + access sdcard via MTP
      • Bugs

Credits
    • Cyanogenmod for ROM and P760 device tree which I modified it to P768
    • AntonX for serveral bugs fix.
    • artas182x for default sound profile values
    From my point of view
    Stable if screen would not consume much battery :D:confused:

It's normal, screen should consume most battery.

BTW, I'm building CM 10.2 stable version and will move to CM 11 repo soon.
    For CM 11, I built it 2 weeks ago but got some FC in Settings.apk. I'll try to build it again soon.
    HOW TO

Flash over last version
    1. You can flash new version over old version
    2. Put rom & gapps for CM10.1 in sdcard
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Wipe cache & dalvik cache
    5. Flash rom & gapps
    6. Reboot

Flash this ROM over CM10.1
    1. Put rom & gapps for CM10.2 in sdcard
    2. Boot to recovery
    3. Wipe cache & dalvik cache
    4. Flash rom & gapps
    5. Reboot

Enable OC, change I/O scheduler and change CPU governor
    1. You need to enable developer mode on your phone, do it by
    2. Goto "System Setting" > "About phone" > Tap 7 times on "Build number". You're now enable developer mode.
    3. Goto "System Setting" > "Performance"
    4. Enable OC by select "Processor" and set "Maximum CPU frequency" to 1200
    5. You can also change CPU governor in that page, about what is it please refer to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1792369 and http://translate.google.com/transla...013/01/governor-scheduler-tcp-bejegyzest.html
    6. You can change IO scheduler in "I/O scheduler", please read about it at https://www.vincentkong.com/wiki/android/android-io-schedulers/
    7. Please test all changes before select "Set on Boot" because if something go wrong you can reboot your phone to revert it.

Cannot connect to wireless access point
    This problem mostly occur when you got some error at first boot. The problem is error interrupt startup service to write proper MAC address data to file. Your wifi mac address will be 00:00:00:00:00:00
    1. Use file manager or adb to delete /data/misc/wifi folder from your phone
    2. Reboot (disconnect usb cable to make sure there're no error at startup)

Bugs: