[Q] CM 10.2 - How to turn off the touch buttons light on notification?

Search This thread

teamomivida

Apr 21, 2013
Hello everyone,
I am new here.

I have flashed CM 10.2 on my HOX and everything is working great except of the battery draining fast, but this is not why I am herenow.

There is a problem with the notification light on the touch buttons. I am not sure if this is only on my device, or if it's on all devices that flashed CM 10.2

What I tried so far is disabling the Button Backlight Notifications

Code:
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/slow_blink

But this just disabled all the notification lights. and not only the soft buttons' .

Your help is so much appreciated here guys.
Thank you

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
try this

Hello everyone,
I am new here.

I have flashed CM 10.2 on my HOX and everything is working great except of the battery draining fast, but this is not why I am herenow.

There is a problem with the notification light on the touch buttons. I am not sure if this is only on my device, or if it's on all devices that flashed CM 10.2

What I tried so far is disabling the Button Backlight Notifications

Code:
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/slow_blink

But this just disabled all the notification lights. and not only the soft buttons' .

Thank you
try this app

teamomivida

Apr 21, 2013

No, this is not what I am looking for.
It doesn't seem like you understood my question.

When I receive a new email, or any kind of notification, the only light that is supposed to light up is the one on top.
But I also see the soft buttons light on.

The app you suggested doesn't disable the notification, but it disables the buttons light or in other words, it just controls their brightness.

Thank you anyway

teamomivida

Apr 21, 2013
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47266593#post47266593

After copying it in to system / apps folder - correct the permissions so it has the same as every other app in there, I just restarted my phone then it appears in your launcher and Settings > Advanced Options > Device

I copied it to the /system/app folder, gave it permission 644 as every other file in that folder.
Restarted the phone, there is no service, when I unlock the phone, it just turns off. it doesn't even restart, just simply turns off.

Have you or anyone faced this problem before?

Update:

Actually it just turns off after a few second. I didn't even have to go through the lock screen

Last edited:

teamomivida

Apr 21, 2013
Bump...

Anyone?? Please I need a solution.
At least answer me. is this only on my device, or on all CM 10.2???

wipeout140

Oct 22, 2009
Norwich
Sorry I tested this under slim bean but i assume it would work under AOSP based roms under slim bean it added as a app and you could select various options like swipe 2 wake however maybe cm rom does not support it in the kernel. Sorry i can't really help anymore

Reactions: teamomivida

teamomivida

Apr 21, 2013
It's okay, I understand, I got it deleted by mounting the system partition while I was in recovery,
And now it's time to try CM 11.0 nightly

Thank you

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
No, this is not what I am looking for.
It doesn't seem like you understood my question.

When I receive a new email, or any kind of notification, the only light that is supposed to light up is the one on top.
But I also see the soft buttons light on.

The app you suggested doesn't disable the notification, but it disables the buttons light or in other words, it just controls their brightness.

Thank you anyway

yeah but with the profile "default" it should work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I tested this under slim bean but i assume it would work under AOSP based roms under slim bean it added as a app and you could select various options like swipe 2 wake however maybe cm rom does not support it in the kernel. Sorry i can't really help anymore