Torch screen no respond after upgraded to I9305XXBMB2

Search This thread

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
Need help! I used cf auto root for rooting on 4.1.1 JB was successful. Later I used mobile odin to upgrade to I9305XXBMB2 which was a Singapore ROM. Flashing was completed but with back screen. So I used pc odin flashed I9305XXBMB2 with success. but my torch screen was no responding upon reboot. Even I tried factory reset still with the same reslult. I can't send it to the Samsung Service center due to flash counter = 1. Downgraded to ma6 also with same results.
I can goto download and recovery mode. Please advice!

Edit:
In download mode:
Custom binary download : yes (1 counts)
Current binary :Samsung official
System Status : official

Last edited:

iamnoo

Dec 29, 2012
Need help! I used cf auto root for rooting on 4.1.1 JB was successful. Later I used mobile odin to upgrade to I9305XXBMB2 which was a Singapore ROM. Flashing was completed by with back screen. So I used pc odin flashed I9305XXBMB2 with success. but my torch screen was no responding. Even I reset tried factory reset still with the same reslult. I can't send it to the Samsung Service center due to flash counter = 1 and status modified.

torch screen? or you mean touch screen?

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
After factory reset, I have the bootup screen as shown, , all button on screen were no responded. Please advice. Before upgraded to mb3 firmware, everything was working.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361432218124.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361432218124.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 94

Magik_Breezy

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 7
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Need help! I used cf auto root for rooting on 4.1.1 JB was successful. Later I used mobile odin to upgrade to I9305XXBMB2 which was a Singapore ROM. Flashing was completed but with back screen. So I used pc odin flashed I9305XXBMB2 with success. but my torch screen was no responding upon reboot. Even I tried factory reset still with the same reslult. I can't send it to the Samsung Service center due to flash counter = 1. Downgraded to ma6 also with same results.

Edit:
In download mode:
Custom binary download : yes (1 counts)
Current binary :Samsung official
System Status : official

Try Emergency Firmware restore on Kies. If that is not successful then I guess you could flash CWM (non touch edition) and then try find a way to reset your flash counter in recovery or download mode then warranty it. If not then you will have to pay up, $210 here in Aus to get screen/digitalizer/frame repaired (built together) at a Samsung place & that also renews your warrenty

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
Try Emergency Firmware restore on Kies. If that is not successful then I guess you could flash CWM (non touch edition) and then try find a way to reset your flash counter in recovery or download mode then warranty it. If not then you will have to pay up, $210 here in Aus to get screen/digitalizer/frame repaired (built together) at a Samsung place & that also renews your warrenty

Thank for your replied which gave me hope. Can you kindly guide me or provided me some links, enabled me to started. Which cwm none torch version can reset counter. I tried the kies first.

Edit: kies updated to latest, some result.

Last edited:

Magik_Breezy

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 7
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thank for your replied which gave me hope. Can you kindly guide me or provided me some links, enabled me to started. Which cwm none torch version can reset counter. I tried the kies first.

To reset the binary in download mode you need a USB jig (search to buy one online) or here is a guide for a DIY one:
http://www.androidtechno.info/2013/02/diy-usb-jig-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-to.html?m=1

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
To reset the binary in download mode you need a USB jig (search to buy one online) or here is a guide for a DIY one:
http://www.androidtechno.info/2013/02/diy-usb-jig-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-to.html?m=1

USB jig won't reset binary counter on i9305..... You need to install stock ROM & kernel and after that use new version of TA (Triangle Away)... Job done.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
USB jig won't reset binary counter on i9305..... You need to install stock ROM & kernel and after that use new version of TA (Triangle Away)... Job done.

Thank for helping. My torch screen no responded. If TA have a non torch version it may help.

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Thank for helping. My torch screen no responded. If TA have a non torch version it may help.

I don't think there is any Non-Touch version of TA.... unlucky :(
Edited:
since your phone is running stock ROM&kernel you can try USB jig, that's the Only thing left to try to get back your warranty. In my case jig won't reset counter but I'm using Custom ROM .... Can't remember how was it on stock. TA works for sure but must be installed first, you can't use your screen so jig is your last chance. ..

Last edited:
Reactions: timberwolf60

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Now you have put this rom on use triangle away to remove the 1 count.
It worked for me.

Hehe..... good one ;) You've missed a small detail, his screen lost touch control so he can't use apps... we trying to work out how he can reset a binary counter in download mode to get it back under warranty. ...
I own a USB jig but can't be bothered to go back to stock and test it... sorry mate ;)

Last edited:

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
Hehe..... good one ;) You've missed a small detail, his screen lost touch control so he can't use apps... we trying to work out how he can reset a binary counter in download mode to get it back under warranty. ...
I own a USB jig but can't be bothered to go back to stock and test it... sorry mate ;)

Usb jig not worked for I9305, counter remain 1. It worked great for I9100.

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007

Is SOO simple.....

Just use an usb adapter and connect any mouse. :p

Any way Seems like faulty Melfas firmware flash.

Try that code in your dialpad.

*#2663#

Thank's

Reactions: timberwolf60

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
Is SOO simple.....

*#2663#

Thank's

Good ideal, will try it before send to service center. *#2663# not working. But not big deal now, TA reset couter and all the status official. I will send for warranty claim. Thank for all people's help.

Last edited:

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Guys do you really think Samsung cares? I mean I had an Asus Transformer Prime with an unlocked boot loader. When unlocking it clearly stated the warranty is voided. A few months later my battery died and I sent it in as it was and they fixed it. I even told them it was unlocked and they fixed it.
I then heard and read somewhere that the warranty is lost to software related issues not hardware.
But oh well he reset it already. I only reset to get stock stock updates because I get bored sometimes!!

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
Guys do you really think Samsung cares? I mean I had an Asus Transformer Prime with an unlocked boot loader. When unlocking it clearly stated the warranty is voided. A few months later my battery died and I sent it in as it was and they fixed it. I even told them it was unlocked and they fixed it.
I then heard and read somewhere that the warranty is lost to software related issues not hardware.
But oh well he reset it already. I only reset to get stock stock updates because I get bored sometimes!!

In singapore samsung services was the best compared to other brand, nokie sonyErison no good. That why I stick to Samsung phone. The next was S3 lte for me. The phone on this thread was belong to friend.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't think there is any Non-Touch version of TA.... unlucky :(
    Edited:
    since your phone is running stock ROM&kernel you can try USB jig, that's the Only thing left to try to get back your warranty. In my case jig won't reset counter but I'm using Custom ROM .... Can't remember how was it on stock. TA works for sure but must be installed first, you can't use your screen so jig is your last chance. ..

Try this rom, you need to do it from a PC, set in download mode then use Odin to flash the rom.

This will then put it back to stock with no increase in the binary count.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942150

Good luck :)

Is SOO simple.....

*#2663#

Thank's
    sorry Im still noob but did this thing really work with mouse???
    usb_adaptor-1_270x193_zpsba53c964.jpg

Yes, it not worked with my mouse, but I used a mouse from friend and worked, so I managed to reset counter and status to official, sent to Samsung for warranty repaired. You can get it from aliexpress, cheat and good. I bought 10pcs/log less than 6 usd. Given to friends and there were happy.