BugMailer..? SOLVED / ANSWERED

Search This thread

Vangelis13

Anyone knows what this is? It randomly asks permission to send out an email or sms. Baffled..

Edit: how to solve (posted by user gpierani) "" There is a file in /system/bin called bugmailer.sh if you rename it to something like bugmailer.sh-old then reboot it should stop ""

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324559377319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324559377319.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,667
Last edited:
Reactions: chandradithya
D

Deleted member 3693611

Yeah i am getting hat Sh IT too. According Tor Google its Part of androids source. But IT really pisses me off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

strikeir13

Oct 23, 2010
Yeah, I get this on the CDMA Nexus, too. Running Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast 4.0.3 with his kernel. There is a bugreport binary and a bugmailer.sh that I'm thinking about renaming to prevent it from happening...

D

Deleted member 3693611

I would like To know if i just can delete it

TheMan876

Jul 21, 2007
Also getting alot of these on CDMA Nexus with Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast 4.0.3 and his included kernal. Just randomly popping up... 8\

G

GuestK00201

yeah I have loads of these I tweeted Peter Alfonso and he said it will be sorted in the next Bugless Beast Nightly..

I actually tried a few roms and was getting it quite often on anyone i tried!

https://github.com/peteralfonso/pla...mmit/d984aae868dc9d65c83a75a78846de6099230f31

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

.. a quick follow on, you prob have loads of screen shots in your gallery too.

I ran a LogCat on my Galaxy Nexus Device (GSM), and can see before the dump begins it always happens right after the screen state gets set (*** Set_Screen_State 1)

I get usually all of my 'BugMailer' dumps when my phone is on the lock screen or being woken up!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3693611

This all Comes from a file called bugmailer.sh cant i just delete it?

PaulieMyk

Dec 20, 2011
Indianapolis
I am also having this issue. By default, it wants to send the Bug Reports to my own email address, not very helpful. Has anyone figured out how to remove this? Or who at Google to send these to so we can annoy them with Reports until they figure out a solution?

Nexus S - Stock ICS 4.0.3 - Rooted

Vangelis13

I am also having this issue. By default, it wants to send the Bug Reports to my own email address, not very helpful. Has anyone figured out how to remove this? Or who at Google to send these to so we can annoy them with Reports until they figure out a solution?

Nexus S - Stock ICS 4.0.3 - Rooted

:) Good idea, get a Google email address!

Goat_For_Sale

Jan 14, 2011
Montreal
www.NOTAREALWEBSITE.com
its just an automated bug reporting system. It doesn't send anything without authorization. I have seen this since running 4.0 sdk ports on my nexus s. What always pondered me was the emails it creates are from ME to ME which isn't reporting it to anyone who gives an ish

D

Deleted member 3693611

I just deleted it this morning ans since then everything is ok

Jan 7, 2012
What/how is everyone renaming the file?

I tried the File Manager that came with the ICS Rom (i think its the open kang rom)

and it says "UNABLE TO RENAME".. then "UNABLE TO DELETE" I also tried 2 other file managers off the market but same results

Please what is the best way.. im really fed up of texting someone and it slows down taking a screenshot with personal information displayed then opening gmail with it.. then i look in my drafts every night to find 40+ drafts with bugs and lots of screenshots!

Thanks in advanced!

PS: If possible please give me a why removing it from the phone... my computer with the drivers on decided to die on me so i have no drivers to open the folders (lost the link so cant download to the laptop) If not possilbe (if have to do through comptuer) anyone have the link to download to laptop?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not actually a bug, but a debugging feature. It is integrated to allow you to take a screenshot and generate an easy to read bug report. It addresses it to you as you are manually requesting it.

The way to trigger the bug report as opposed to the screenshot is to hold both volume up and down and power. By pressing all 3 it should vibrate quickly and then it could take up to a minute to generate the report. Then once it is generated it will vibrate a few short bursts and will show on the screen.

The reason people are seeing this pop up when trying to take screenshots is due to the volume rocker being easy to depress both up and down, especially when you are applying pressure opposite the rocker to press the power button.

There is no bug here.
    There is a file in /system/bin called bugmailer.sh if you rename it to something like bugmailer.sh-old then reboot it should stop :D

Tested on my Nexus S :rolleyes:
    Considering I have answered this a few times already in this thread I do not see the point of you copying my exact explanation from a RootzWiki thread and pasting it here as your own. If you don't want to think for yourself please don't try.

Source: http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/18671-Disable-bug-report-error-messaging?#entry488123

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

No offence to you. Seriously. :eek:
    was annoyed with this issue, google searched it , opened a lot of tabs, found many posts never had answers,
    I agree it was copy paste, sorry for not mentioning the source. :eek:
    I edited them and linked it to your post on rootzwiki,
    I was in a hurry then and rushed up and pasted on the threads where there was no proper answers.
    Anyone knows what this is? It randomly asks permission to send out an email or sms. Baffled..

Edit: how to solve (posted by user gpierani) "" There is a file in /system/bin called bugmailer.sh if you rename it to something like bugmailer.sh-old then reboot it should stop ""
    just to clarify i can delete all the bug reports causing no probs right? theyr etaking up about a gig on my storage

Whaaaat?! :eek::eek:

Yeah, go ahead.