[Q] The best emulators - performance wise?

Search This thread

silmes

Mar 19, 2012
As the topic states. I am using emulation (NES, SNES, GENESIS & GBA) on my phone.

But are there any stats on wich emulator that are best for each system, performance wise?

Is Nesoid, Snesoid, Genoid and Gameboid the best out there, or are there other contenders of the champion title?

0mega007

Dec 28, 2011
i like all the .emu emulator more (updated almost weekly and faster and more compatible):

nes.emu
md.emu

and from the same author: snes9x ex (wich is the only one from him that is free on his webpage), just put snes9x ex on google.

silmes

Mar 19, 2012
Thanks for the input!

Just wanna say something about lagging (not input lag, but ordinary lag).

It´s very much about what you have installed, and what processes being run in the background. I have used Titanium Backup to wipe a lot of bloatware, and when I´m gaming, I use Astro to kill off all the unnecessary apps being run in the background.

I always run Task-Killer in Astro prior to gaming, the experience is much better.

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
I don't use task killer anymore because Android load the apps back to the ram as soon as you kill them. The only way is to disable (ICS feature) or freeze them, or as you said, delete.

neo.emu alone makes this phone worth its full price.

D

Deleted member 4493700

Mupen64plus is a pretty good n64 emulator and the psx emulator on the xperia play is pretty good. Or use fpse orwhatever it's called instead

Sent from my R800x using XDA