TW Launcher 4.5 - beta #21 [beta #22 testing last page]

Search This thread

csunny95

Aug 11, 2010
Anyone can help me?I love this launcher. But this problems really drives me crazy.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

csunny95

Aug 11, 2010
Finally find the source problem. In the "Preferences > App Drawer > Sort order" Should choose sort freely instead of sort in alphabetical order. Otherwise problems will occur again.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

gurnishdhillon

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto
Some of my themes .....

Sharing some of my themes that i full with the TouchWz 4.5 ....

Just use Ireflected theme first and then once you have used it , then just use one of these themes and just merge with the existing theme and dont override it ...

Attachments

• andy_black.zip
    147.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Andy_BlackCircles.zip
    74.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Flat_Icons.zip
    78.9 KB · Views: 14
  • andy_round_white.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 15

gurnishdhillon

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto
WhiteRound ...

Theme 1 .

Andy_WhiteRound..

scaled.php

Attachments

• Andy_WhiteRound.zip
    89.2 KB · Views: 25

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
I hope frogg0r or whatever remaining devs get around to checking out the TW5 launcher, dubbed TWuxlauncher, or sec2launcher. It's been pulled from the SGS III and has already been ported to the Galaxy Nexus, GSII, The Note, also confirmed to be working on the One X. If someone gets it working on any i9000 device, I can die a happy man.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: MrAndre737

Datguy_n_Disguy

Feb 5, 2012
Ocoee, FL
I hope frogg0r or whatever remaining devs get around to checking out the TW5 launcher, dubbed TWuxlauncher, or sec2launcher. It's been pulled from the SGS III and has already been ported to the Galaxy Nexus, GSII, The Note, also confirmed to be working on the One X. If someone gets it working on any i9000 device, I can die a happy man.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Link?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

gurnishdhillon

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto
Support is not dead.
Développement is so on pause.
Newest rom haven't tw 4.5 included.
---------------------------------------------
Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy S2
ICS 4.0.3 XXLP7
via Tapatalk 2

Good to know that support is still alive man... I am trying to enhance this launcher myself and will post if i get some results..

Just wanted to find out if u were going to post the themes that i had pasted before on tge theme blog

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Corwin9S

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
Good to know that support is still alive man... I am trying to enhance this launcher myself and will post if i get some results..

Just wanted to find out if u were going to post the themes that i had pasted before on tge theme blog

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

hi.

yes, give me some time, 'cause IRL i'm pretty soooo busy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    posterhalfsizekp5brfaej6.jpg

Hi,
    This is the twlauncher 4.5, actually the tw4 launcher from Samsung heavily modified by me. A lot have of options have been added...
    Pictures say more than thousand words ;)
    settings11ol3npuhif.png

swipe2yo4ihr9mkj.png

Issues​

• Power Widget stays gray on samsung firmwares (it does not on cm7 for example), after reboot it will be displayed normally.
    • If you want working samsung widgets, download TW4Manager app, -> Widgets and select which you want (then menu button -> apply)
    • To fix other widgets, grab the attached key, in AndroidManifest.xml set android:sharedUserId="tw4.fr4gg0r" (if not there add it) and resign it with the downloaded key (password is touchwiz, alias is fr4gg0r) more details here.
    Works with​

• Every device with armv7 processor and froyo or higher
    Installation​

• install the attached TW4Manager app. It will offer you several installation methods
      • normal installation
      • installation to /system/app/ (this will let you uninstall apps)
      • cyanogenmod version (/system/ only, if you want normal installation, choose the first one)
      Cyanogenmod users have the privilegue to kill apps like the settings app does (real force stop). This is the only launcher that can do this!

FAQ
    If you have questions/problems, see this very good HowTo by Corwin9s:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306961
    Developer​

• me, Fr4gg0r
    • (previously also swiftwork who has left the team (the tw4manager is based on his work).
    Important: I am currently not working on this project (no time).
    There are (at least I hope so) other ppl working on this project, I posted sources somewhere, but I can't remember their names now. xD
    One of them is petsasj.

If you have questions/bug reports feel free to come on irc (freenode) to #cmsgs

Don't take the .apk and theme it, instead make a theme.zip

Thanks to:
    acrylic - for the icons in the preferences
    Brut.all for apktool ;)
    petsasj for testing
    Corwin9s for everything ;)

Changelog:
    http://fr4gg0r.webege.com/tw4/changelog
    I resigned the Samsung widgets (hopefully all of them), let me know if I missed one. :)

Edit:
    Here is a CMW-zip containing launcher, ShareApp and widgets.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5906223/ROM_JVP/TW4.zip

I had to reboot two times (after flashing the zip, then once again) to show up all widgets. Strange...
    First Theme for the TW4 Launcher

Hi Guys,

Here i want to present you my new Theme for the newest version of this Launcher!

Screenshots:

-747626779.jpg

Installation:

[*] go to preferences

[*] click on themes

[*] click Install Theme

[*] choose the Theme and apply it

Download:

First Alpha: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19260046/philippsp' s Black-Glass-SGS II Theme.zip

I hope you like it.

I hope i find some testers.
    :rolleyes:
    If you like my work, it would be nice if you click Thanks... :rolleyes:
    For those who have the error 6 when installing with cwm, try the below

http://db.tt/V8DVAnj

I just removed all the other folders except app under system and created a zip again. I did all this on my phone using root explorer. It worked for me. Let me know if it works.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    Theming

Theming HOWTO:

currently the following can be themed:
    1. icons inside the app:
    Code:
    case Id.Menu.add: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_add.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.cancel: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_cancel.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.discard: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_discard.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.edit: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_edit.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.preferences: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_preferences.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.save: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_save.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.search: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_search.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.share: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_share.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.wallpaper: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_wallpaper.png"; 
    case Id.Menu.settings: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"menu_settings.png"; 		

case Id.Folder.icon: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"folder_icon.png"; 
    case Id.Folder.open: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"folder_open.png";  //unused?

case Id.Add.folder: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"add_folder.png"; 
    case Id.Add.shortcut: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"add_shortcut.png"; 
    case Id.Add.wallpaper: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"add_wallpaper.png"; 
    case Id.Add.widget: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"add_widget.png";

case Id.AppMenu.app_running: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"app_running.png"; 
    case Id.Dock.background: name = Settings.currentThemeDir+"dock.png";
    case Id.pageIndicator: name= Settings.currentThemeDir+"pageIndicator.png";

+
    "dock_apps.png" for apps icon
    "dock_home.png" for home icon
    +
    workspace_settings.png
    appmenu_settings.png
    backup_settings.png
    badge_settings.png
    dock_settings.png
    system_settings.png
    theme_settings.png (for the icons in the preferences)
    Name the icons like above, that means to change the page indicator icon you name your image "pageIndicator.png".
    (If you want to theme additional icons, pm me..)

2. app backdrops in appmenu
    icon size: 86x86px !
    Name the tiles tile_packageName.png where you have to replace "packageName" by the package name of the app.
    You can also specify random tiles with tileXX.png, here replace "XX" with numbers from 0 to 15 (0, 1, ... 15).

3. app icons
    icon size should be 72x72 (or higher) so that the icon does not get upscaled.
    Name the icon either packageName.png or className.png.
    It will first look for the className.png then if not found, for the packageName.png, this means "packageName.png" is more convenient as long as the app does not have multiple icons in the appdrawer.

4. dock icons
    Here the same as for app icons applies with the difference, that all icon names have to start with "dock_" (for example "dock_com.android.browser.png").
    Dock icons overwrite app icons (if given).

At the end, zip all your images in a .zip (directly into the root folder of the .zip).
    Lastly you can also overwrite settings with a theme.zip, to do that, do a backup in launcher settings, pull the "samsung.tw4.nextgen_preferences.xml" and remove all but the values you want to provide with your theme. Example is attached.
    For additional info see the attached example themes.

To get your theme downloadable in the tw4manager, upload your theme somewhere and send me the following:

Explanation:

First part ("Iphone Folder" in this case):
    The title of your theme.

Second part ("Cool iPhone like folder icons"):
    The description of your theme.

The third part ("http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=742121&d=1317941031")
    A direct download link to the theme. If you upload it here in the forum, do rightclick on the attachment, "open in new tab", there you have the url.
    Note: if the url starts with forum.xda.... you must insert "http://" at the beginning.

The fourth part ("iphone_folder.zip"):
    How your zip should be named when downloaded (Don't choose a generic name like "folder.zip").

The fith part ("http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18185593&postcount=2173"):
    A url where to view the theme. In this case it displays this post. Can be optional. If you don't want to provide an url, instert "null" (without "").

The sixth and last part ("http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=742125&d=1317941170"):
    A direct dl link to an image you want to show for your theme in the app. If you don't have an image insert "null" again.

It is very important to keep the order! Also you must seperate every part with a ";" and lastly if you don't have a view url or a preview image, don't leave the parts out but instead insert "null" (No spaces except in your title/description, and of course don't use ";" in your title/description ;) ).