[APP] Auto Cheesecake v2.0 (7/4/12) !!Deodexed roms only!!

How Often Do You Check Cheesecake

• Total voters
Search This thread

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
All good now, huge thanks to Joser1309 for the modified blur-services.apk that made this possible. go thank his post in here. Sorry it took so long to post this, I kind of forgot about it.

Only works on Deodexed roms for now

Please also answer the poll at the top honestly

What is this?

I have reworked phydo's original source for the cheesecake app we have been using and made it quite a bit faster to use than before. I have also cleaned up and commented the code a bit for those of you who want to take a look at the source.

How to use

It is very important that everyone on here is checking cheesecake as much as possible. Hopefully multiple times per day.

To use this first flash the attached zip with our bootstrap CWM recovery, then install the app. Click the button to go to the next server and check for an update. if you get a wifi error, that server is down. Most will be. select "skip setup for now" and go back to the app and click the button to go to the next. Continue to due this until you get through all the servers.

What to do if you find an update

DO NOT INSTALL IT!!!!

Instead download it right away so you don't miss it, then copy it out of /cache with a root explorer app or use adb to pull it. Upload it somewhere and post it in a thread or PM me and I'll get it to the right people.

What's next and other Ideas

This app is not done. I would like to make it even more automated if I can figure out how. If you have any ideas on how to make it continue after failing or getting an update please share.

I also think we need to get more organized with our Cheesecake checking. Maybe organize time for everyone to check so we can cover the whole day. Let me know if you think it would be a good idea to create a google calendar where everyone can put the time they will check, so we can all check at different times. Any other ideas are of course welcome as well.

Source

Please PM me if you would like the source code. I have no problem giving it to people, but since it is not entirely mine, I want to know who I have given it to.

Files

Sorry, I don't know why the attachments were down, they were up when i first posted them :confused:
APP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7ctb82kdci115u/AutoCheesecake_v2.apk
NEW BLUR-SERVICES ZIP (flash it): https://www.dropbox.com/s/49ux6flv05kgiwl/signed_AutoCheesecake_BS.zip

Attachments

• signed_AutoCheesecake_BS.zip
    494.2 KB · Views: 382
  • AutoCheesecake_v2.apk
    32.7 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

matt99017d

Nov 17, 2011
Camas WA
Thanks, Let me know how it works for you.

Well that was fast. Lol
It seem like i got a hit on almost every server ( your device is upto date) * i never get this lucky*
Coincidence?

I kinda zipped through it, so I'll check again.
It still seems odd that i got so many hits.......lucky i guess.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Well that was fast. Lol
It seem like i got a hit on almost every server ( your device is upto date) * i never get this lucky*
Coincidence?

I kinda zipped through it, so I'll check again.
It still seems odd that i got so many hits.......lucky i guess.

I've been getting wifi errors on every single server since I went to scv6, so I don't know, but as long as it is "almost" every server that tells me that it is changing it correctly so I guess it is working. If it was every server I would suspect that it was not changing properly.

chrisn91

Feb 8, 2012
washington
Just went threw the servers got a bunch if devices is up to date and no wifi errors

T

tmease1

This ***** is great. Much easier to use and a lot quicker. Thank you a hundred times over.

moofree

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
Just tried it... every server is ostensibly up and running and up to date- even servers that are down with normal cheesecake. :rolleyes:

Weemoney

Jun 17, 2006
Portland
Could you add a check for update button that doesn't change servers in the case of "Check for update unavailable.." messages so we can recheck the same server?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

T

tmease1

try regular cheesecake, I think there might be something wrong and it's not changing correctly. They should't all be up

Used regular cheesecake and went back to yours and it is wanting a wifi connection on all servers. It is telling me it is switching servers but like you said it may not be.

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Used regular cheesecake and went back to yours and it is wanting a wifi connection on all servers. It is telling me it is switching servers but like you said it may not be.

right, that means i changed the right file, but that file change may not have really worked like it should have

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All good now, huge thanks to Joser1309 for the modified blur-services.apk that made this possible. go thank his post in here. Sorry it took so long to post this, I kind of forgot about it.

Only works on Deodexed roms for now

Please also answer the poll at the top honestly

What is this?

I have reworked phydo's original source for the cheesecake app we have been using and made it quite a bit faster to use than before. I have also cleaned up and commented the code a bit for those of you who want to take a look at the source.

How to use

It is very important that everyone on here is checking cheesecake as much as possible. Hopefully multiple times per day.

To use this first flash the attached zip with our bootstrap CWM recovery, then install the app. Click the button to go to the next server and check for an update. if you get a wifi error, that server is down. Most will be. select "skip setup for now" and go back to the app and click the button to go to the next. Continue to due this until you get through all the servers.

What to do if you find an update

DO NOT INSTALL IT!!!!

Instead download it right away so you don't miss it, then copy it out of /cache with a root explorer app or use adb to pull it. Upload it somewhere and post it in a thread or PM me and I'll get it to the right people.

What's next and other Ideas

This app is not done. I would like to make it even more automated if I can figure out how. If you have any ideas on how to make it continue after failing or getting an update please share.

I also think we need to get more organized with our Cheesecake checking. Maybe organize time for everyone to check so we can cover the whole day. Let me know if you think it would be a good idea to create a google calendar where everyone can put the time they will check, so we can all check at different times. Any other ideas are of course welcome as well.

Source

Please PM me if you would like the source code. I have no problem giving it to people, but since it is not entirely mine, I want to know who I have given it to.

Files

Sorry, I don't know why the attachments were down, they were up when i first posted them :confused:
    APP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7ctb82kdci115u/AutoCheesecake_v2.apk
    NEW BLUR-SERVICES ZIP (flash it): https://www.dropbox.com/s/49ux6flv05kgiwl/signed_AutoCheesecake_BS.zip
    New update

Well after several days of work, finally achieving a functional autocheseecake, modifying the blur-service. At the moment I am trying, and I need lkrasner also try it and publish. :D
    Doesnt seen to be working right. all these servers are reporting that they are up,which they are not.

Lol now people are REALLY going to miss the leak as theyll think this is fine to use instead of normal cheesecake. Thanks krasner!! :p ,on a serious note good job so far,more than i could do at the moment.

As note ,you should never post work for download and say "dont download it",you know people are going to download it if its there lol

Thats like handing a fat chick some REAL cheesecake and saying "dont eat it!" :D

Doesnt seen to be working right. all these servers are reporting that they are up,which they are not.

Lol now people are REALLY going to miss the leak as theyll think this is fine to use instead of normal cheesecake. Thanks krasner!! :p ,on a serious note good job so far,more than i could do at the moment.

As note ,you should never post work for download and say "dont download it",you know people are going to download it if its there lol

Thats like handing a fat chick some REAL cheesecake and saying "dont eat it!" :D

I know I am gonna take the download down. I was stupid to post this so soon, I thought it was working. I am aware of the problem and I am working on getting it fixed. Sorry for this, I will have it working soon
    Any chance that this may work on the Atrix when it's done?

The OG atrix? not usre why you would need it, but I really have no idea, my guess would be yes.

Thanks for the reminder though, I kind of forgot to test and post this. I'm really sorry. I will try to get it up tomorrow! :eek: