[Q] STUCK ON CM 9.1 r13/CANT FLASH OTHER ROMS

Search This thread

fickleama

Mar 6, 2011
Hi,

I need some help. Firstly I'm quite a noob so please go easy on me, have only flashed/rooted a couple of phones before this...both with pretty much no issues.

I flashed the CM 9.1 A while back to improve it, and decided I wanted to change it due to few bugs annoying me too much...such as the restarts, crazy battery life and most annoyingly of all calls only being able to be heard on loudspeaker! Buts can't seem to get any other rom to flash - tried 2 - samsation v6.0 kerneldev101 & MikTouch- 0.7-signed.

When trying to flash firstly 'samsation v6.0' i encountered an error code '"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "pyramid"
E:\Error in /storage/sdcard0/samsation v6.0.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
and to try and overcome this I opened the updater script from rom zip and deleted the line 'assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "pyramid" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "pyramid");'.....after reading in forums it could be this. After this line is deleted the flash attempt is 'opening update package...installing update...installation aborted'

I then tried MikTouch 0.7 and it came up with the 'status 7' error, so I deleted the first line of the updater script and now I am getting a 'status 4' error...even if I try to flash thru rom manager - CWM app.

Driving me crazy! Any help much appreciated. :)

even tried a different SD card to see if that makes a difference....and nope

installed new CWM - V6.0.4.6 after reading that may be the prob. no difference

To be honest it all P'd me off so much just went and bought myself the Moto G instead...but would still like to fix this one and get it even back to a stock like ROM so at least it functions properly but without all the bloatware.

fickleama

Mar 6, 2011
Tried it thru the twrp app and it just launches into cwm recovery and does same status 4 error :(

Thanks for replying though!

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

fickleama

Mar 6, 2011
'Cwm-based recovery v6.0.4.6

--Installing: /storage/sdcard0/MikTouch-0.7-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /storage/sdcard0/MikTouch-0.7-signed. Zip
(Status 4)
Installation aborted

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

abe5

Jun 4, 2011
I didn't mean the app found on Play Store. I meant the actual TWRP recovery.

You'll have to connect your phone to your PC, boot into bootloader, and flash the TWRP recovery, which will replace the existing CWM recovery. :p

Reactions: fickleama

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Moto g looks like a great phone for the price, but I would want to fix my double shot too.
First off, the getprop errors you were getting were saying you were trying to flash a ROM for sensation on your doubleshot, not a good idea, don't delete getprop from updater-script no matter what the internet says, this is a good warning
Don't use an app for flashing, use recovery
But before you proceed any further I would suggest to boot into bootloader and write down every thing from that screen here, word for word
Then you will be sure to get the exact links and info, I wouldn't do anything until then, not to say @abe5 is having you bad info, he is correct, but I have a feeling there may be more info needed here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fickleama

Mar 6, 2011
Bootloader info

Hi,

OK thanks to both of you for your help! ...I guess I would rather check/be sure than do something worse to my phone.

Your right Moto G is great phone..I am pretty impressed so far...for the price. Only let down is the camera....I miss the doubleshot great camera...but you cant have it all....well not for £130;)

OK SO INTO BOOTLOADER..... (front screen reads as follows - hope this is what you mean?!)

***UNLOCKED***
DOUBLESHOT PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.45.0013
MICROP-0353
RADIO-11.16.3504.20_2
eMMC-boot
NOV 21 2011,20:20:47

FASTBOOT

VOL UP.... ETC ETC

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Hi,

I need some help. Firstly I'm quite a noob so please go easy on me, have only flashed/rooted a couple of phones before this...both with pretty much no issues.

I flashed the CM 9.1 A while back to improve it, and decided I wanted to change it due to few bugs annoying me too much...such as the restarts, crazy battery life and most annoyingly of all calls only being able to be heard on loudspeaker! Buts can't seem to get any other rom to flash - tried 2 - samsation v6.0 kerneldev101 & MikTouch- 0.7-signed.

When trying to flash firstly 'samsation v6.0' i encountered an error code '"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "pyramid"
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
and to try and overcome this I opened the updater script from rom zip and deleted the line 'assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "pyramid" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "pyramid");'.....after reading in forums it could be this. After this line is deleted the flash attempt is 'opening update package...installing update...installation aborted'

I then tried MikTouch 0.7 and it came up with the 'status 7' error, so I deleted the first line of the updater script and now I am getting a 'status 4' error...even if I try to flash thru rom manager - CWM app.

To be honest it all P'd me off so much just went and bought myself the Moto G instead...but would still like to fix this one and get it even back to a stock like ROM so at least it functions properly but without all the bloatware.
Don't use CWM above 6.0.2.5 for flashing an older ROM. 6.0.4.6 is designed for KitKat and will fail older ROMs.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
everything looks good on bootloader so the issue is with recovery or rom.zip
personally i think its the rom.zip, but I also recommend TWRP recovery
so i would download twrp (without dumblock) from HERE
and flash with fastboot, also do some erasing in fastboot for good mesure
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

the md5sum for recovery is listed next to download, be sure it matches use command line on linux or this for windows

but what i really think is the problem is the roms, bad download or whatever, the status 4 and status 7 are related to updater script, so either you playing with them messed them up or they were corrupt from the start
md5sum for MikTouch-0.7-signed.zip should be BAE9153946B02251621547DBFB537387
if not re download

now it is possible that the newer recoveries f\wont flash older roms, like Fuzi0719 said, but in theory they should and i have not had issues myself
but if need be weekends has posted older recoveries HERE be sure to thank him
flash with fastboot if you TWRP fails you

also when i see this --Installing: /storage/sdcard0/MikTouch-0.7-signed.zip
make me wonder, if i am correct the path on this phone is just /sdcard/MikTouch-0.7-signed.zip
but i cant recall as it has been months since i used my doubleshot, its just how i remember even the newer recoveries find sdcard path here
so maybe for good measure take everything important off sdcard and format to fat32
then put new rom on the root freshly formatted sdcard (not in any folders) before you flash
hope it all works out, if there is an issue let us know!

fickleama

Mar 6, 2011
well I spent the whole evening mucking about with it and I have conquered it. Thanks guys for all the help...couldn't have done it without you!

After firstly having to switch to an older laptop as win 8.1 not compatible with htc drivers ...

I flashed TWRP and tried to flash new rom (miktouch 0.7) again through that, said failed. then tried to install the current ROM CM9.1 just out of interest which it also 'failed'

then considered the cwm comment about version, so flashed cwm 5.5.0.4. thru Hasoon 2000's ALL in 1 kit I still had. I then tried to reflash the current CM9.1 again, and it went through.....At the same time it occurred to me about me having 'messed' with the script files of MikTouch 0.7 ...maybe being the cause, so luckily, I had an original copy of the rom zip (kept justin kase lol) and then tried this method.

I now don't know if it was the script file or the cwm version number but hallelujah it WORKED. I honestly thought I was stuck on cm9.1 forever, I've spent so much time reading/trying to flash anything else!:eek:

Can't thank you all enough, whatever it was, I think I have overcome it now! phew.

:cyclops: :victory:

Reactions: davidf9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use TWRP instead of CWM. This should fix the issue.
    I didn't mean the app found on Play Store. I meant the actual TWRP recovery.

You'll have to connect your phone to your PC, boot into bootloader, and flash the TWRP recovery, which will replace the existing CWM recovery. :p
    Moto g looks like a great phone for the price, but I would want to fix my double shot too.
    First off, the getprop errors you were getting were saying you were trying to flash a ROM for sensation on your doubleshot, not a good idea, don't delete getprop from updater-script no matter what the internet says, this is a good warning
    Don't use an app for flashing, use recovery
    But before you proceed any further I would suggest to boot into bootloader and write down every thing from that screen here, word for word
    Then you will be sure to get the exact links and info, I wouldn't do anything until then, not to say @abe5 is having you bad info, he is correct, but I have a feeling there may be more info needed here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hi,

(status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Don't use CWM above 6.0.2.5 for flashing an older ROM. 6.0.4.6 is designed for KitKat and will fail older ROMs.
    everything looks good on bootloader so the issue is with recovery or rom.zip
    personally i think its the rom.zip, but I also recommend TWRP recovery
    so i would download twrp (without dumblock) from HERE
    and flash with fastboot, also do some erasing in fastboot for good mesure
    fastboot erase system -w
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

the md5sum for recovery is listed next to download, be sure it matches use command line on linux or this for windows

but what i really think is the problem is the roms, bad download or whatever, the status 4 and status 7 are related to updater script, so either you playing with them messed them up or they were corrupt from the start
    md5sum for MikTouch-0.7-signed.zip should be BAE9153946B02251621547DBFB537387
    if not re download

now it is possible that the newer recoveries f\wont flash older roms, like Fuzi0719 said, but in theory they should and i have not had issues myself
    but if need be weekends has posted older recoveries HERE be sure to thank him
    flash with fastboot if you TWRP fails you

also when i see this --Installing: /storage/sdcard0/MikTouch-0.7-signed.zip
    make me wonder, if i am correct the path on this phone is just /sdcard/MikTouch-0.7-signed.zip
    but i cant recall as it has been months since i used my doubleshot, its just how i remember even the newer recoveries find sdcard path here
    so maybe for good measure take everything important off sdcard and format to fat32
    then put new rom on the root freshly formatted sdcard (not in any folders) before you flash
    hope it all works out, if there is an issue let us know!