[Update]WM Music Player

Search This thread

Timmy212

Aug 20, 2008
Its gotten to the point where i feel that i should completely rewrite this app if any progress is going to be made :).

So Im going to try to find some time to do just that.

so if anyones still using this, hopefully ill have something soon... its nowhere near done, but heres what i have so far.
v0.1.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygEqcsRcqc

ive attached the (very) alpha version... It looks in your storage card only for your music. and is for wvga devices only.

click on the songs to add them to your now playing playlist, click on the + to add without playing the song.

the player saves the playlist when you click on the clock and minimize the form.

hopefully it works for you :D

with everything going on i might not be able keep up with this thread very well, but ill try to keep you updated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
0.0.4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30_ut9H6kBI

You will also need a rom with WMP installed.... :) btw

Attachments

• MyTunes0.0.4.CAB
    451.2 KB · Views: 1,514
  • ScreenShot1.Jpeg
    ScreenShot1.Jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 792
  • ScreenShot4.Jpeg
    ScreenShot4.Jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 311
  • ScreenShot5.Jpeg
    ScreenShot5.Jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 294
  • ScreenShot6.Jpeg
    ScreenShot6.Jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 212
  • ScreenShot2.Jpeg
    ScreenShot2.Jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 370
  • MyTunes0.1.0.CAB
    302.2 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:

portutu

Nov 27, 2007
Hi Timmy ,
i really like your windows media payer it's possible to send us your cab?
a big thinks !!!:)

cosmicgate

Jul 26, 2009
Underground
Im new to this Forum thing and feel pretty lost... BUT

I have been looking for a good music player that i liked, but really havent found anything so i decided i would venture off and make my own. This is my first ever phone app, written in .net 2.0 c#. So i thought i would come here for a little guidance since I've been kind of a ghost in the crowd for this site.

Anyway I have only been working on it for a few weekends and some week nights but i think its coming along nicely. I love to use it at work(which is what spawned the notification area... i would be lost without emails and appointments :D) and i have basically tried to build it to what i wanted in a player.

I thought Id bring it here to see if anybody would be interested in helping test it out and like i said... maybe give some guidance.

Since i just started i dont really have a cab or anything, just the .exe from the debugger :). but if you guys like it maybe I can make it into something that everyone can enjoy!

heres the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzPVdEicd0

and pics... :D

Hallo Timmy212, i am intressing on your player. Can you send a link for the player. :D

portutu

Nov 27, 2007
And can you tell us for which resolution is done?
I am WQVGA resolution.... i hope it's OK

cosmicgate

Jul 26, 2009
Underground
Im new to this Forum thing and feel pretty lost... BUT

I have been looking for a good music player that i liked, but really havent found anything so i decided i would venture off and make my own. This is my first ever phone app, written in .net 2.0 c#. So i thought i would come here for a little guidance since I've been kind of a ghost in the crowd for this site.

i hope you enjoy :)...

and i hope it works :eek:.

Hello Timmy212,

i can not open the Player. I have WM6.5.3 an the Files load in the Folder we are you write.
The dlls load in the windows folder. When open the player i have a error.
The specified module could not be found. I am press the details and have this error. myTunes.exe filenotfoundexception The specified module could not be found.
by
System.windows.formsAxhost.create witoutlicence(Guid clsid) etc etc...:mad::mad:

we can help you for this problem.:eek:

Last edited:

Timmy212

Aug 20, 2008
Hello Timmy212,

i can not open the Player. I have WM6.5.3 an the Files load in the Folder we are you write.
The dlls load in the windows folder. When open the player i have a error.
The specified module could not be found. I am press the details and have this error. myTunes.exe filenotfoundexception The specified module could not be found.
by
System.windows.formsAxhost.create witoutlicence(Guid clsid) etc etc...:mad::mad:

we can help you for this problem.:eek:

Interesting... I havent seen this error before. Im not sure how to go about troubleshooting that. Hopefully i can work on the player this weekend and see if i cant get a little more stable build up...

Sorry i dont have a definate answer... im trying to learn as fast as i can :)

Timmy212

Aug 20, 2008
Works great for me on my personal 6.5.3 (28008) Fuze build. In fact i love it and so far no bugs. Works fine over bluetooth. The only thing I would love to see added is AVRCP bluetooth remote support.

Thats definately on the "todo" list, but i havent had time to look into implementation yet... I'm glad to hear it works for someone though :D

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Hi Timmy

First congrats for your work and your sharing. It's revolutionary in it's design!

After playing a bit I can see room for improvement:

1 enlarge the fonts
2 pressing play 2nd time pauses but the icon doesn't change
3 add volume control
4 add exit button
5 add stop button
6 add a screen off option to save power

In the minimised view:

7 the sliding effect seems reversed because the slider is not moving, consider a wheel effect (with or without slider)
8 shuffling through directories is not very responsive, I found the best response when swiping my fingernail on the top or the bottom of the central slider.
9 the directories names are hidden by the finger, maybe move them above the slider
10 enhance Dpad functionality : right/left are ok, up/down should switch dirs (now they behave like right/left) and action button should play/pause (now it's not responsive)

This is it for now ;)

I wouldn't have bothered writing so much if I didn't think it has the potential to become a leading app, so keep up (I also think you are going to get more involved than you thought :D )

Big thanks !

fingerstoo

Apr 28, 2008
Hi Timmy212,

It seems to work OK, but on my VGA Loox N560 running Newplow's ROM for WM6.1 I cannot find out how to exit the program. Am I missing something obvious? There seems to be no menu or exit icon? It does look good though. Thank you.

Timmy212

Aug 20, 2008
Hi Timmy212,

It seems to work OK, but on my VGA Loox N560 running Newplow's ROM for WM6.1 I cannot find out how to exit the program. Am I missing something obvious? There seems to be no menu or exit icon? It does look good though. Thank you.

When you pull down the top drawer i had it set the windows state to normal so the x button should pop up in the normal windows taskbar... At least thats how i planned it :).

Timmy212

Aug 20, 2008
Hi Timmy

First congrats for your work and your sharing. It's revolutionary in it's design!

After playing a bit I can see room for improvement:

1 enlarge the fonts
2 pressing play 2nd time pauses but the icon doesn't change
3 add volume control
4 add exit button
5 add stop button
6 add a screen off option to save power

In the minimised view:

7 the sliding effect seems reversed because the slider is not moving, consider a wheel effect (with or without slider)
8 shuffling through directories is not very responsive, I found the best response when swiping my fingernail on the top or the bottom of the central slider.
9 the directories names are hidden by the finger, maybe move them above the slider
10 enhance Dpad functionality : right/left are ok, up/down should switch dirs (now they behave like right/left) and action button should play/pause (now it's not responsive)

This is it for now ;)

I wouldn't have bothered writing so much if I didn't think it has the potential to become a leading app, so keep up (I also think you are going to get more involved than you thought :D )

Big thanks !

Thanks for your suggestions! :)...

all good ideas!

for 1. i Like the idea of seeing as much of the text as i can on the page which is why they are soo small :) but i have been thinking about increasing the size, especially for lower resolution devices.

2. I do need to implement this, :)

3. I intially liked the idea of just using the system volume but i might add to see if i like it

4. for my 6.5.1 rom when i minimize it brings up the x button, i didnt think about how 6.5.3 looks

6. again for my rom i just hit the power button and it turns that backlight off, but i will try to add this.

7. Im still trying to figure out exactly how i want this view to work... I really just wanted a Quick way to go through all the album art. Hopefully i can pull something off here :)

8. The sliding art just works by grabbing the center albumart and then moving it in the direction you want it to go. and if you slide it all the way over and keep your finger on the screen it will keep going until you lift up...
but like i said this MIGHT change :D

9. i will definately be moving some text around

10. i havent set anything up for the dpad... its just manipulating the listbox that had focus last. This will change :D

Im about 400 miles away from my main desktop so i havent done any more work on it... but i have been setting up my 6 year old laptop with all the mobile sdk's to hopefully keep the project running the next couple weeks till i can get back home:D

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Thanks for the detailed answer mate, by the way on my build power button stops the music and for the rest, good luck but don't forget to enjoy your holiday :D

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Installed the player in my device with WM 6.5.3 and it works very well.
Besides the points mentioned by Tito i would suggest an exit button as i have to slide down to reveal the taskbar and then close the player from there. On this bulid no exit button comes up.
Also ...is there an option to save playlists?

Last edited:

fingerstoo

Apr 28, 2008
When you pull down the top drawer i had it set the windows state to normal so the x button should pop up in the normal windows taskbar... At least thats how i planned it :).

Yup, feel a fool.... I found it after posting, but I notice that Claus1953 did not like it either. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I like your approach to the GUI design though. Up until now I have been using S2P from this site, by A_C. Because of GUI usability problems with later releases, I have stuck with his older 0.58 release. Your player is similar. I am sure you are familiar with S2P? I will consider using your program as it has some advantages already. Keep it up.

cosmicgate

Jul 26, 2009
Underground
Hello Timmy212,
i found the problem. My operating system WM6.5.3 have not a windows mobile player, separate one mobile corelplayer.
Your more player from there mobile functions more player and not with others playern only with windows mobile.
This is a good player and function perfectly. :D

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:

Timmy212

Aug 20, 2008
Installed the player in my device with WM 6.5.3 and it works very well.
Besides the points mentioned by Tito i would suggest an exit button as i have to slide down to reveal the taskbar and then close the player from there. On this bulid no exit button comes up.
Also ...is there an option to save playlists?

there is no way to save playlists yet... hopefully i can get it working soon though :)... and also a close/minimise button will probably be in the works also.

Timmy212

Aug 20, 2008
Hello Timmy212,
i found the problem. My operating system WM6.5.3 have not a windows mobile player, separate one mobile corelplayer.
Your more player from there mobile functions more player and not with others playern only with windows mobile.
This is a good player and function perfectly. :D

Sorry for my english.

excellent... glad you got it working! I should probably figure out some requirements and post them sometime :D

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
just one question, sry for bothering you..

what about formats like:
mod, xm, sap, sid,
etc, etc?

any plans for plugins?

just mp3 player with(let's say).. nice look?