[Q] Qi 2A output charger?

Search This thread

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
Can anyone recommend one? Or does it even exist? I can't find anything online.

Thanks

dex.

Aug 17, 2010
I was looking for a qi car holder, tho recent feedback on different models suggests 1a qi is not enough to actually charge the G3 while using satellite navigation software, due to the drain from the gps/screen/CPU. I found that using an old 0.8amp USB charger in the car lost a similar 5-ish% an hour when used for sat nav as when using an in car qi.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

turbophreak

Oct 22, 2011
As hot as the phone gets on a 1A Qi charger I think you'd just be asking for a fire at 2A. I haven't found one either though.

bdwlf2

Dec 9, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've been doing some extensive digging for a 2a Qi system myself. The highest available system is unfortunately 1a. BUT... In order to get the 1a, not only does the charger (transmitter) need to be rated for at least 1.5 - 2.0a output because of poor efficiency, but your receiver in your phone needs to be rated at a 1a output. This is why you see several people who are only charging at 600-700ma. For my Note 3, I have found a 600ma, 700ma, & finally a 1a receiver coil. The Samsung charging backplate is actually only rated at 600ma. Just make sure you look before you buy. I bought an Itian A6 charger combo and it only has a 600 also, but the transmitter I believe 1.5a. I'll just have to pick up another coil once my charger arrives. Damn China Post takes forever.

Anyway, hope this helps answer your questions. Wireless Consortium approved a medium voltage guideline and I just read that they have come out with a Qi system that is 97% efficient. Our power demands just need technology to catch up.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

The heat is due to the inefficiencies, most Qi chargers lose 25% of the transmitted energy, which ends up being the source of heat. The newer 97% efficient chips will be much cooler. Also a good receiver coil is thermally protected and will shut down the charge at a threshold temp. The quality of the receiver coil is the most important part of Qi. But don't forget, charging any battery rapidly will cause heat as well. There was a news story about 2 months ago of a kid who slept with her phone under her pillow and caught fire from improper ventilation. If your phone is heating up that hot, you may want to remove any case it's in. Charging up with Qi and a metal backplate isn't exactly the smartest thing to do either.

Reactions: SamDeKyro

parthtrivedi

Nov 3, 2014
Yes it does exist

Can anyone recommend one? Or does it even exist? I can't find anything online.

Thanks

well I'm also on a similar hunt..
the closest option i found was the google qi enabled pad for 50$ rated at 1.8A out

and not too sure about this because the website doesnt say much but the samsung one is 2A

Brad D

Nov 8, 2014
According your description I don't think it exists. I believe the charging power not only depends on the charger, but also on the Qi receiver in your phone. If the receiver doesn't take more than 1A, then the charging speed would not have any difference regardless of you're using a 1A or 2A wireless charger.

cwill624

Aug 29, 2013
I think the 2A refers to input, the output might be 1A also

My qi charger is a generic cheap one, its rated at 2 amp in and 1 amp out. I presume it only delivers 700mah cause of how inefficient wireless charging is, I was under the impression 1 amp was that max qi standards could handle at the moment?

D0MINO

Jan 14, 2011
Basically, if you want a reliable and fast charge then you can't beat a wired connection. I don't understand really what difference it makes from plugging in a cable on the bottom to placing it on a Qi charging mat/pod. From what I have read, wireless charging is not really good for ur battery and should not be a substitute for a wired charger.

If you get a good 2A charger it will charge the phone in about 100 minutes if you are not using it.

scukovic

Sep 29, 2014
Kragujevac
Did someone try Samsung S6 Qi Wireless Pad with LG G3?
I'm considering to buy it but saw on Samsungs website that charger is 2A and it is not recommended to use it with lower amp adapters because it may damage it....
The G3's 1.8A...
Will that adapter give any harm to Qi Pad?

Thanks for any reply

reggiexp

that"s why i find wireless chargers gimmick
why should i put a 2a charger in the QI charger too fùking output 1A why...
i have a wirless charger and its anoying cause u need to put the phone on in the right way. and it charger so slow i mean if you put your phone on the wirless charger pad why not take the usb cable and put it in... to get 2a fast charging. (and use a reversible micro usb cable)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been doing some extensive digging for a 2a Qi system myself. The highest available system is unfortunately 1a. BUT... In order to get the 1a, not only does the charger (transmitter) need to be rated for at least 1.5 - 2.0a output because of poor efficiency, but your receiver in your phone needs to be rated at a 1a output. This is why you see several people who are only charging at 600-700ma. For my Note 3, I have found a 600ma, 700ma, & finally a 1a receiver coil. The Samsung charging backplate is actually only rated at 600ma. Just make sure you look before you buy. I bought an Itian A6 charger combo and it only has a 600 also, but the transmitter I believe 1.5a. I'll just have to pick up another coil once my charger arrives. Damn China Post takes forever.

Anyway, hope this helps answer your questions. Wireless Consortium approved a medium voltage guideline and I just read that they have come out with a Qi system that is 97% efficient. Our power demands just need technology to catch up.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

The heat is due to the inefficiencies, most Qi chargers lose 25% of the transmitted energy, which ends up being the source of heat. The newer 97% efficient chips will be much cooler. Also a good receiver coil is thermally protected and will shut down the charge at a threshold temp. The quality of the receiver coil is the most important part of Qi. But don't forget, charging any battery rapidly will cause heat as well. There was a news story about 2 months ago of a kid who slept with her phone under her pillow and caught fire from improper ventilation. If your phone is heating up that hot, you may want to remove any case it's in. Charging up with Qi and a metal backplate isn't exactly the smartest thing to do either.