Safe mode

Search This thread

gotgadget

Dec 10, 2010
So I was playing with my nexus s and the screen shut off with out the old TV animation and woke it back up and I see SAFE MODE in the bottom left.

I rebooted and was back to normal..... has anybody else had this problem and how did it happen? What caused it?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

WilliamStern

Mar 26, 2010
Miami, Fl.
I had the same thing happen to me last night as well. I'm not sure what caused it? Like you I rebooted my phone, and I was all good again.

generalagony

Aug 13, 2010
Happened to me yesterday when booting the phone. Rebooted and everything went back to normal.

Jun 28, 2009
I had this same thing on my myTouch 3G. If you held down a button while starting up it put the
Phone in Safe Mode. It basically made all non-default applications not work. Did you guys try starting it up while holding a button?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

allen099

Feb 22, 2010
New York
I had the same thing. I remember I was trying to boot into bootloader with the down volume key. That didn't work but I think that may have been the cause. Of course I now know it's the up button that does it all.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

uzavideoman

Apr 14, 2008
miami,fl
Hi guys from what i have read the safe mode is in case you get app. that starts to act up my making your phone go nuts you can go in to safe mode by turn off your phone and while turning it on hold the menu button you go in to safe mode that way no third party app. are loaded so you can delete the app. that gave you the trouble that's what i have seen on the nexus s!!!!!!

generalagony

Aug 13, 2010
good deal. I remember that I was wiping the screen off on my shirt while booting. Must have been what caused it. Useful info for the future for sure.