question on video recording

Search This thread

shackman716

Aug 20, 2010
Dunkirk, NY
Soooo my friend has the droid razor and we recently went to a EDM show where we were pretty close to the stage. His razor has a setting in the video menu that was "concert"... it seemed to have helped out on the recorded sound not being some muffled. Can anyone tell me if this phone has settings like that for video recording, would be greatly appreciated!

brent8577

Oct 1, 2011
whoa, so the sound of loud music is bad on this phone in videos? i went to WMC Miami a few years ago and took all of these videos with the phone i had at the time, then when i got home i found out how bad the sound was and couldn't keep them. i was going to test mine when it came with my basement setup, but if you say it's bad then i can't bother with getting it.

EDIT: it doesn't matter. i will find out myself. i need something to use until something better comes out, so if i don't like it then i will sell it to someone on here in the marketplace.

Last edited:

shackman716

Aug 20, 2010
Dunkirk, NY
Haha no I'm simply asking if someone can tell me if this phone has that "concert" style video setting. My Vivid takes amazing sounding videos at live shows, but this setting on the razor seemed to help. So I'm just wondering if the One might have a setting like this??

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

brent8577

Oct 1, 2011
Haha no I'm simply asking if someone can tell me if this phone has that "concert" style video setting. My Vivid takes amazing sounding videos at live shows, but this setting on the razor seemed to help. So I'm just wondering if the One might have a setting like this??

i found another thread about the video sound quality and everyone in it says all HTC phones have terrible video sound and there are never any fixes or options for it. i checked ocean/wind video on youtube and it makes a lot of scratchy sounds when the wind blows in the mic. it's June until the next phone i would want is out, so i'm jumping on this because i sold my GS II a month ago. i would look for something else or get a separate camera for videos of music if i were you and you don't want to lose money reselling it.

shackman716

Aug 20, 2010
Dunkirk, NY
See my Vivid has taken some amazing videos with great sound in some venues... Some times not so much