http://en.miui.com/thread-20095-1-1.html

Download Miui here :
Mod edit: Removed.
Download the recommended gapps here :

Banks Minimal Gapps

Flashing Miui Rom

Download Miui rom

1. Copy the Downloaded rom onto the Internal Sdcard
2. Enter Recovery ( You must have CWM or TWRP )
3. Select [wipe data / factory reset] → [YES]
4. Select [wipe cache partition] → [YES ]
5. Select [advanced] → [wipe Dalvik Cache] → [ YES ] → Back
6. Select [install zip from sdcard0] → [choose zip from sdcard] → [X.X.X.zip] → [YES]
7. Wait until flashing will finish then reboot phone

Would like to thank

1. Miui Development Team
2. Banks for his Gapps
3. LG for there kernel

Last edited by a moderator:

Kookitza

May 21, 2010
Holon
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
1393429104775.jpg

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
Miui looks awesome on the leaked builds!! Thanks for the official build Garner. Is all the Chinese dialog still present in the theme manager and other apps? Thanks again
Edit: Also I have unlimited T-Mobile data and it took me about 30+ to discover that the Miui market limits the data to a couple of Megs. Anyway to make default, unlimited. It makes the GPlay require WiFi.....

Last edited:

prembox

Oct 12, 2010
Hyd
The usual time Xiaomi releases MIUI ROM Weekly Friday update is already out....no idea why the N5 ROM is not posted here yet...

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

That's the thing for me, will there be a full English translation?

+1 I'm hoping for that too....don't wanna see chinese language anywhere on the ROM post selecting English as the primary language....

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Today is the day guys miui will be release within the next 3 hours and this thread will be the first thread to post the link to the build so keep a close eye on this thread guys

And thanks @Garner for opening a dedicated thread... :good:

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
I'm throwing this out there but does Xiaomi still data mine all our ****? Sorta worried about that bit there's nothing to confidential on my rig since blasting ROMs forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Report any bugs here :

http://en.miui.com/thread-20095-1-1.html

Download Miui here :
    Mod edit: Removed.
    Download the recommended gapps here :

Banks Minimal Gapps

Flashing Miui Rom

Download Miui rom

1. Copy the Downloaded rom onto the Internal Sdcard
    2. Enter Recovery ( You must have CWM or TWRP )
    3. Select [wipe data / factory reset] → [YES]
    4. Select [wipe cache partition] → [YES ]
    5. Select [advanced] → [wipe Dalvik Cache] → [ YES ] → Back
    6. Select [install zip from sdcard0] → [choose zip from sdcard] → [X.X.X.zip] → [YES]
    7. Wait until flashing will finish then reboot phone

Would like to thank

1. Miui Development Team
    2. Banks for his Gapps
    3. LG for there kernel
    ok after testing with all recovery here are the instruction to follow to boot up fine

Philz recovery

• factory data reset
    • wipe cache
    • adavanced-wipe dalvik cache
    • select zip to install-MIUI4.5.30
    • it wont show any progress bar and at the end give you status 7 error just ignore and Reboot
    WARNING:Apart from it the installation it overwrite the recovery to stock on its own while flashing with philz , so u need to flash custom recovery again via fastboot or flashify.
    If in case you get a android logo with red mark while booting to recovery just press vol up,down power at the same time and it will load u stock recovery so don't worry just re install custom recovery.

TWRP official

• go to wipe
    • advanced wipe
    • select cache,data,dalvik,system
    • go to mount uncheck-system mount (most important step)
    • selct zip to flash
    • error shown Failed
    • just reboot!Done

Multirom Twrp

• well I tried best way possible but could not boot up if someone can try to just check that after wipe if system is mounted as forgot to check that so maybe it will boot up on internal if not it gets stuck on google logo and boot back to recovery, and trying it on external fails completely saying No OS installed.
    edited: TWRP multirom works too as reported by @Pretoriano80 just be sure to unmount system in mount option after wipe.

Note: after first successful boot flash bank gapps minimal and super su for easy permission granting though permission can be managed from internal security app but I prefer supersu.
    http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2//5-22_GApps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed.zip
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491966639
    http://download.chainfire.eu/446/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r3.zip

Enjoy the latest MIUI on your Nexus5
    :good:
    So, this won't be a bug report or anything like that, but here's a quick rundown of what I think of this ROM and whether or not you should use it right now.

To start with, aesthetics; let's be honest, MIUI has always been gorgeous and this most certainly continues the trend. The animations, the sounds, the blurring effects, the rounded corners, the really pleasant button textures, all of it comes together to make a really, really damn good looking skin. In this build, everything is totally fluid and natural and I have no complaints about it. It's just really, really nice to move around in this ROM.

Functionality is a bit more bleak; stuff works. Mostly. The critical stuff seems to be fine, but there are a few weird ends here and there (like the Video player dying). Don't get me wrong, for a first public release, it is ridiculously stable.

And this is the part where I have to unfortunately throw some pretty heavy criticism at MIUI; the polish and finesse. If you are from any Western or English speaking country, MIUI will be an utter pain for you to move around. It feels like almost every single app that you touch has some hard-coded Chinese-based sync/cloud/other service built in to it, and although you can skip most of it, it's always there. For instance, it's really irritating for there to be a proprietary cloud storage tab in the File Manager that you can't get rid of. Also it constantly pushes you to make a Xiaomi account, during the main setup, when you open the ringtone chooser, when you want to browse your music, when you want to open up your messaging app, and so on and so forth.

Make no mistake about it, MIUI is a Chinese ROM built for a country that does not in any shape or form rely on Google Services. This is basically the same as what Amazon does with the Kindle Fire OS; it's technically Android and can technically be used with Google, but it'll never feel like it was meant to use Google. Additionally, and infuriatingly, there is a hard-coded Menu button that you simply can't get rid of, period.

Then we get to the language barrier, something that MIUI has consistently been notorious about. There are some phrases in some of the menus that are ridiculously badly translated, and there's a ton of the OS that they simply just did not bother to translate at all. The theme engine for instance is almost entirely in Chinese, leaving you to guess what's what. The T9 dialer permanently and irreversibly uses Pinyin T9 lookup meaning every time you start dialing out your numbers, you'll be searching through an entire database of Chinese numbers. Other issues include things like the Music app not being fully translated, and off-balance text-to-button ratios (owing to the fact the buttons were designed for Chinese and not latin based language text), and so on.

Basically, MIUI in its current state is literally death by a thousand paper cuts. It's smooth, gorgeous, and extremely well thought-out, but the amateur-hour translations paired with the ridiculously intrusive service prompts make it currently not worth using full-time if you're used to the quality of current AOSP-based Google Android ROMs.

Just my two cents, keeping in mind that I've had a soft-spot for Android since Miui V3. Please don't take any mortal offense to it.