Diasble HTC Dialer (No IMEI and Baseband Hardware issue)

• Thread starter Deleted member 750431
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 750431

Hey Guys, my phone has run into a big problem,

The IMEI and Baseband vanished and the phone started to restart every 3 minutes with no cel reception

I tried everything and finally gave up on it, however now on the HD Revolution Rom 71 my phone does not restart anymore hence i can use it as a tab atleast.

However i keep on getting com.htc.htcdialer has stopped responding error, i get it a few times after which my phone halts.

Is there any way to disable the phone features completely so that i can use the phone as a tab atleast?

thanks guys

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Yes.. delete com.htc.htcdialer from /system/app or /system/priv-app

or freeze/uninstall using titanium backup

addy187a

Nov 17, 2013
Did this work for you? Mime has the same problem. Does anyone know what part of the hardware is broke?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Did this work for you? Mime has the same problem. Does anyone know what part of the hardware is broke?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

you should try a flashing a full RUU first, sometimes it does actually fix the problem. if the ruu doesn't fix it, then it's probably a hardware problem

addy187a

Nov 17, 2013
you should try a flashing a full RUU first, sometimes it does actually fix the problem. if the ruu doesn't fix it, then it's probably a hardware problem

I tried the RUU, same issue, what part of the hardware do you think is broken? Theres no way a hardware issue can destroy the IMEI and Baseband causing the loss of mobile network but still show the full information of the specific phone in the CMD ADB thing! It must be the software which disables the IMEI if a part of the hardware has failed innit. God man, HTC is charging me £130 to fix it, I might aswell sell it for that price and get a Nokia to avoid these issues.

Last edited: