[XPOSED][4.0+]Android L Theme[4th July '14]

Search This thread

Adhi1419

Dec 22, 2012
Bangalore
Hey guys!
Want to give your phone an Android L look? If yes, you are in the right place (If not, still try it out :p)!!
I made a Theme package of Android L for all devices with Xposed Framework Support.. It is a Theme and nothing more! It doesn't have any features ported from Android L as such, except for the UI ;)
What does it have?
  1. Themed Statusbar Icons
  2. Themed Settings
  3. Themed Calculator
  4. Themed Framework
  5. Android L Wallpaper
  6. Boot Animation
  7. Fonts
  8. Ringtones
  9. Much, much, more..
Changelog:
Version1.1:
-Fixed Boot Animations and Fonts problem(The Boot Animations were copied even if it wasn't checked)
-Continue Applying theme even if resource not found
Version 1:
Initial Release
NOTE:
-All 1.x versions will be shown as Version 1.0 in Settings
-Use No Font version on Motorola Stock ROMs. Fonts option will be shown, but won't work!
If you have any problems on this Module, feel free to post it in the thread or PM me. Further updates will be based on the response received by Version 1.0. Nobody wants to end up working for nothing :laugh:

Attachments

• device-2014-07-02-231430.jpg
    device-2014-07-02-231430.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 105,116
  • device-2014-07-02-231522.png
    device-2014-07-02-231522.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 84,839
  • device-2014-07-02-231542.png
    device-2014-07-02-231542.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 82,535
  • device-2014-07-02-233642.png
    device-2014-07-02-233642.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 87,941
  • device-2014-07-02-235557.png
    device-2014-07-02-235557.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 75,025
  • device-2014-07-03-024230.jpg
    device-2014-07-03-024230.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 76,820
  • Anroid-L-Theme-v1.1.apk
    6.1 MB · Views: 373,078
Last edited:

Tapsibaba

Nov 27, 2013
I will give it a try.
What about the notifications? Did you theme it?
Oh and for the switch in the settings, I think it is a kind of yellow buttons or something like that on Android L. Otherwise, good job. ;)

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Just tested on my Moto X. What's not working:

- Settings Panel partially themed (background is still black, not gray like the image)
- Navigation Bar wasn't themed with the new L buttons.
- Status bar icons weren't themed either.
- Calculator wasn't themed as well.
- Whatsapp isn't themed.

- Everything else seems to have worked just fine, I'll update this post as I find more.

Last edited:

ningen90

Oct 20, 2011
it seems the app is applying the boot animation without even ticking the checkbox for it from within the app , and even after disabling it / uninstalling the app , i still have the Android L boot animation. this makes me wonder if other system files have been also changed which is quite troublesome since it means it's gonna break any future ota updates and will force me to sideload such updates.

can you add a revert/restore feature , or at least give us some info on what exactly is being changed/overwritten with this app.

thanks

Adhi1419

Dec 22, 2012
Bangalore
Just tested on my Moto X. What's not working:

- Settings Panel partially themed (background is still black, not gray like the image)
- Navigation Bar wasn't themed with the new L buttons.
- Status bar icons weren't themed either.
- Calculator wasn't themed as well.
- Whatsapp isn't themed.

- Everything else seems to have worked just fine, I'll update this post as I find more.
The only difference I'm seeing on my Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.4) is the blue action bar in Settings and the wallpaper/boot animation.
I understand your problems.. I use CyanogenMod, I have themed everything based on the files present in it. I haven't made changes in my code for the Module to continue theming if it doesn't find what it has to on your phone.. I cannot make out which file is causing it! If you can attach your Xposed Logs(Xposed Installer -> Logs -> Menu Button-> Save to SD), it would be great [emoji4]

I will give it a try.
What about the notifications? Did you theme it?
Oh and for the switch in the settings, I think it is a kind of yellow buttons or something like that on Android L. Otherwise, good job. ;)

I haven't themed the notifications.. I will look into it.. Thanks for your suggestions!

it seems the app is applying the boot animation without even ticking the checkbox for it from within the app , and even after disabling it / uninstalling the app , i still have the Android L boot animation. this makes me wonder if other system files have been also changed which is quite troublesome since it means it's gonna break any future ota updates and will force me to sideload such updates.

can you add a revert/restore feature , or at least give us some info on what exactly is being changed/overwritten with this app.

thanks

Maybe problem with my code [emoji20].. You can find whatever is modded backed up in your /sdcard/AndroidLTheme/backup folder..

Last edited:

Dima_2005

Dec 4, 2007
Everything works except the settings panel is still black

Sent from me

Doesn't work for me properly. Only boot animation, wallpaper and navigation bar worked. The settings didn't though. Possible some issue with CM11 theme override? Anyone also experiencing it? Or is it the custom ROM I use that gives problems?

gravityy

Nov 29, 2013
not working for me :/ only the setting & xposed display changed. i'm on n5 4.4.4 stock rom + GB. tried to disable the gb and it's not working too

Adhi1419

Dec 22, 2012
Bangalore
Can you post the source, please?
Yes, sure! I'm waiting for confirmation from other AOSP ROM users..
Great to have this onboard :D
Thank you :)
Everything works except the settings panel is still black

Sent from me
Doesn't work for me properly. Only boot animation, wallpaper and navigation bar worked. The settings didn't though. Possible some issue with CM11 theme override? Anyone also experiencing it? Or is it the custom ROM I use that gives problems?

not working for me :/ only the setting & xposed display changed. i'm on n5 4.4.4 stock rom + GB. tried to disable the gb and it's not working too

The same is for me. LG Optimus G, Omni ROM, 4.4.2.

Check Version 1.1! It should fix it :D If not please post the Log :cyclops:

metaljr81

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No text characters.

Seems I have lost all text characters when I used the font. Not sure how to troubleshoot considering I can't see anything.

Moto X 4.4.2 Krypton

Last edited:

gravityy

Nov 29, 2013
Yes, sure! I'm waiting for confirmation from other AOSP ROM users..

Thank you :)

Check Version 1.1! It should fix it :D If not please post the Log :cyclops:
thanks it's work like a charm! btw there is no noticeable change in the launcher right? just in the calc/setting/xposed/etc display? *i'm not trying the L yet :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!
    Want to give your phone an Android L look? If yes, you are in the right place (If not, still try it out :p)!!
    I made a Theme package of Android L for all devices with Xposed Framework Support.. It is a Theme and nothing more! It doesn't have any features ported from Android L as such, except for the UI ;)
    What does it have?
    1. Themed Statusbar Icons
    2. Themed Settings
    3. Themed Calculator
    4. Themed Framework
    5. Android L Wallpaper
    6. Boot Animation
    7. Fonts
    8. Ringtones
    9. Much, much, more..
    Changelog:
    Version1.1:
    -Fixed Boot Animations and Fonts problem(The Boot Animations were copied even if it wasn't checked)
    -Continue Applying theme even if resource not found
    Version 1:
    Initial Release
    NOTE:
    -All 1.x versions will be shown as Version 1.0 in Settings
    -Use No Font version on Motorola Stock ROMs. Fonts option will be shown, but won't work!
    If you have any problems on this Module, feel free to post it in the thread or PM me. Further updates will be based on the response received by Version 1.0. Nobody wants to end up working for nothing :laugh:
    Reserved

I'll have this one.. In case I backport a feature, I'll drop it here!
    Hey guys, i just installed gpe again on my htc m8 and as i for now, get comfortable with editing themes to push them to my personal favor, i did some editing on this theme, i hope the OP doesnt mind, but its really quiet in here (for month) so i think its gonna be ok. - unfortunately i cant read out the xml files. - dunno if its cause of not beeing a stand alone theme (xposed module) but i managed to tweak the colors a bit. - looks nice for me.

what i did (and its just quick and dirty doing, so could be a bit buggy. - first test looking good so should work for everyone)

-> kick the pink color out of this theme...- everything pink is replaced by the primary blue
    -> darker bg ( toasts, popups and app/settings bg are much darker now.
    -> mint green icons painted to plain white. - i did like the mint but there were missing quiet a few icons, so for now all icons habe the same color to get a clean look.
    -> scroll bar change from green to blue

...as you see not a lot changes for now, but its looking better in my opinion. (big part is done by the darker backgrounds)

JUST LITTLE MODIFICATION, WHOLE COPYRIGHT IS STILL BY THE OP!

xposed theme: http://goo.gl/KKleW2

notification panel background: (set with gravitybox on 5% transparency) http://goo.gl/tI4azw

xperia live wallpaper with custom colors (black / purple & blue) : http://goo.gl/40IIVg

iOS7 xposed module to fix the notification- & tiles background to 100% alpha:
    http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/mod-ios7-x-flat-style-module-t2666827

preview:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/410qr16z1uszcn4/preview.jpg?dl=0

If you like it, just leave with a little click on the thanks button ;D
    Moto X 4.4.3
    v1.1

Not Working:
    Statusbar ícones
    Font

Maybe because Motorola devices use different name for Statusbar Icons in their SystemUI

Not Working on Moto G 4.4.3 dual sim Brazilian

What's not working?Please give me the Log. I can't tell anything without it.

any possible way i could only keep the status bar icons?.. :p

Your old Statusbar Icons or the Theme's? Contact me on PM :)

I guess this won't theme the framework on HTC devices?

Give it a go. I don't have a HTC device :( Maybe few parts of the theme will work

Moto g 4.4.3 Brasil

Font changed and i can't back on old one ;/

You can use Aroma File Manager and copy backed up fonts ( /sdcard/AndroidLTheme/backup )

Device - SGSII GT-i9100
    Firmware - SlimSaber 4.4.4
    No bootanimation, no sounds. Required to themed notification bar (tiles) and dialer.

The Ringtones and Notification Tones are stored in /sdcard/AndroidLTheme directory..
    Maybe your device uses a different File System for Boot Animation and more :(

Pretty much messed up my Moto G (XT1033).

Short Version: I don't recommend installing it on Moto G.

Long Version:

I chose to change the font, rebooted, didn't like it, and then deselected 'Font.'
    On rebooting, my device was stuck at a frozen bootanimation screen, and when I press the power button, it simply vibrated the phone once or twice.
    I had to boot into recovery, find the Xposed disabler zip, and then successfully boot. :banghead:

NO offense to the OP, this app is excellent!! :thumbup:

-sent from my little moto beast

The whole Theme is causing a problem or just the Fonts part? If just the fonts, I can maybe correct it ;) Its nowhere offensive mate :p Its just your opinion

My moto x shows no letter or words all fonts are gone. How do I restore it ?
    Use Aroma File Explorer to copy fonts from /sdcard/AndroidLTheme/backup/fonts to /system/fonts/
    Doesbit have the GUI effects from L?

Sent from my Motorola Moto G

Nope. Not as of now.

thanks