New S-Note

Search This thread

lagoboss

Oct 28, 2013
Chicago
I dont think you want the new SNote. Most veteran users agree that it's a major step down

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Elim

Feb 17, 2008
Antwerpen
Okay, lets start...

The REAL question is, can we get the old s-note on the 2014!
Because of all this negative comments, I am also interested and will try to get it running. And when Samsung didn't give it the same ID, maybe both together...

And because I didn't have any other Note, can someone give me some information about the newest, old version? Which device, which firmware, which version number? Are sent me via PM the app apk, irovider apk and all libs he found like libsnote_P4C.so?

Last edited:

colint3

Mar 20, 2009
I had the galaxy note 8 and the snote was great. Hate the 2014 note. I agree that it is a major step backwards.
Any one have the note 8 snote apk.

Reactions: Btoulidene

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
I had the galaxy note 8 and the snote was great. Hate the 2014 note. I agree that it is a major step backwards.
Any one have the note 8 snote apk.

What's your reason for the dislike?? Lag while writing or something else?? Mine is the lag while writing. Made me shift to lecture notes

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

BclingergFJ

Sep 28, 2008
Lag, does not exist on this device! Anyway, being a Lecture Note user, it takes much longer to close than on the 10.1/12 and Note 8.

Via my Note 3

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
It does for me. . Just while writing with the s pen. Writing doesn't feel smooth at all

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: yararli

lagoboss

Oct 28, 2013
Chicago
Lecture notes saved my interest in this tablet. Without it, the tab is so meh. Hate the capacitive buttons even more now. I find myself turning it in unnatural ways to avoid touching them and when I do need to touch them, it's awkward.

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

Ayle87

Jul 19, 2011
I Have access to both, but they are not rooted, and my technical knowledge is not very extensive ,but if you guide me through I can send you the files you need. It has been very frustating, my SO got the new note because she liked my n8013, but the new s note is completely backwards, formula search is a pain to do, and shape matching is no longer the intuitive thing it used to be. I was looking forward to the kitkat update, but now I am not sure, as an engineering student those 2 functions make my life worlds easier.

vizuaris

May 16, 2014
I am not agree about mention, that S note 5.3 is worse then S note in Tablet Note 2014. It is trouth that almost 60% of functionality is cuted in base version that include in Note 4 (android 6, v 5.3) but from "Samsung Apps" market you can download extensions & new S Note become very powerfull tool. The main cool things: usefull the "Add menu" (diagrams, shapes, images etc.) & grouping function, thet allow you to create differents elements (for example I used it in UI protopyping).

samandhi

Aug 11, 2009
I totally agree with visuaris' post. With the extra downloads, it has become almost amazing again. Well, at least it is so much better than the version you get with stock lollipop on the note 10.1.

I have found that Samsung now allows you to use Snote 5.x on any device niw, but the problem is that the minimum version of OS is Marshmallow, as seen from this download: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...elease/s-note-5-1-00-95-android-apk-download/

No offense to earlier posters, but I don't think the original poster was asking for opinions on whether or not they should use the new version. I think they were asking if it was possible. I am with the op. I would like to know if there is a way to install version 5.x on mine, because the version we have now is not compatible with the note 8 phone (as an example).

I don't know a great deal about what is different between lollipop and marshmallow, so this might sound stupid, but can't one just change the html descriptor in the file to make it compatible (change min level from 23 to earlier). Again there might be some issues, but I assumed that lollipop and marshmallow are the same at the core?!

Top Liked Posts