[Q] I747 WIFI not working after auto/restart.

Search This thread

Native7i

Dec 4, 2011
Kegalla
I can flash any custom ROM and everything working correctly.
WIFI connected and working too.

Doing customizations and installing few apps and after a restart (probably need restart) wifi not working.
If I leaved WIFI on state before restart it shows saved networks and won't connect.
Turning on after restart not happening. I had to go back and re-enter to WIFI menu . Then it shows"searching..." WPS, WIFI direct nothing works.
After failed scan it shows saves connections and touching on connection says" Failed to connect to WIFI network." Or WPS failed, Try again in few minutes."

Hard reset or flashing again will workout, but one restart and it all messed up. And tried without doing nothing and restart, it's same.
I collected few logs and attached. And link to short video that exactly happening.
Tried every other ROM and kernels, same result. On stock, it's perfectly fine and working. Aftre bootloader update(yeah, thought it would help) same thing happens. But not with stock ROM; KNOX fear eh. http://xdaforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Living through past two weeks for solution and I'm ended up here.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5970685305773786882&oid=104298779839076602088

Rooted
MJB: both bootloader and modem
Beanstalk: current rom

Here how I solved the problem.

First download SQLite debugger from store

From app, navigate to Setting storage & open Setting.db

Click on Global, Name.
From the list choose WiFI Display on.

Click on UPDATE? > value... > 0 from the list or enter value.
If choose to enter the value manually it's same thing, type 0 where cursor blink.
Then click on arrow head on top right so the new popup saying Commit the change and confirm it.

Restart the device and you're good to go with WiFi again without a problem.

Screenshot_2014-03-04-23-41-07.png
Screenshot_2014-03-04-23-41-34.png

Screenshot_2014-03-04-23-42-24.png
Screenshot_2014-03-04-23-42-35.png
Screenshot_2014-03-04-23-42-48.png

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    215.7 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA
I can flash any custom ROM and everything working correctly.
WIFI connected and working too.

Doing customizations and installing few apps and after a restart (probably need restart) wifi not working.
If I leaved WIFI on state before restart it shows saved networks and won't connect.
Turning on after restart not happening. I had to go back and re-enter to WIFI menu . Then it shows"searching..." WPS, WIFI direct nothing works.
After failed scan it shows saves connections and touching on connection says" Failed to connect to WIFI network." Or WPS failed, Try again in few minutes."

Hard reset or flashing again will workout, but one restart and it all messed up. And tried without doing nothing and restart, it's same.
I collected few logs and attached. And link to short video that exactly happening.
Tried every other ROM and kernels, same result. On stock, it's perfectly fine and working. Aftre bootloader update(yeah, thought it would help) same thing happens. But not with stock ROM; KNOX fear eh. http://xdaforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Living through past two weeks for solution and I'm ended up here.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5970685305773786882&oid=104298779839076602088

Rooted
MJB: both bootloader and modem
Beanstalk: current rom

trying wiping everything go back to stock 4.3 then reload a 4.4 kitkat rom (A DIFFERENT ROM) and see if that helps

Native7i

Dec 4, 2011
Kegalla
I tried different ROMs already. No luck there.
Definitely looking for stock now.
For the reason of Knox I'm not sure what stock ROM needed to downloaded on my current state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Update:

Seems like no body knows the reason. And answer for this trouble. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

jasons239

Sep 14, 2011
I am in the exact same boat. I installed the cyanogenmod v11, with kernal 3.4.74-cyanogenmod-gd298491. Wiped data, restored rom, etc. I've reset this phone so many times, I can't remember what all I've done. I did see a thread where users bring up a terminal emulator and type in some lines of commands, and wifi works, until the do a restart. I tried that and it didnt work for me. Luckily I have unlimited data, so I can download over LTE network. I just got a text from ATT saying I am pushing 5GB, and that I may be throttled soon. D@%& you technology!

Native7i

Dec 4, 2011
Kegalla
I am in the exact same boat. I installed the cyanogenmod v11, with kernal 3.4.74-cyanogenmod-gd298491. Wiped data, restored rom, etc. I've reset this phone so many times, I can't remember what all I've done. I did see a thread where users bring up a terminal emulator and type in some lines of commands, and wifi works, until the do a restart. I tried that and it didnt work for me. Luckily I have unlimited data, so I can download over LTE network. I just got a text from ATT saying I am pushing 5GB, and that I may be throttled soon. D@%& you technology!

I couldn't find such thread. Still I'm trying myself figuring out what's going on. Hope myself to find that post soon.

For anyone interested in, another 2 logs here.

Attachments

• Last_kmsg.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
You're on 4.3 correct? I had a problem similar to this with wifi I used a different kernel and it fixed it.

Confirm 4.3 and I will give you a link to the one I used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Native7i

Dec 4, 2011
Kegalla
Sorry, I couldn't hunt anything down at work....no wifi on my phone....

Here is the thread I was reading before. Again, its worked for some, but not others. Good luck!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44742265
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Checked it out, weren't that a i9300? It's worth trying.

You're on 4.3 correct? I had a problem similar to this with wifi I used a different kernel and it fixed it.

Confirm 4.3 and I will give you a link to the one I used.

I'd never at official 4.3. Only through customs. Last stock was 4.1.2

Last edited:

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
So what is your bootloader version? 4.3 will run on mj2 and mjb one will allow you to use Odin in the future and the other will brick your phone if you use Odin. If you have root access download root checker from play store it will show you which one you have.

jasons239

Sep 14, 2011
I got my wifi working. I am rooted, and I am using CWM. I downloaded the Aroma ROM from here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252932) , and installed it. It tooks multiple tries. It said the phone may sit on the Samsung logo for a long time, so I gave it an hour, and i reset my phone and tried a different combination. If you go this route, you will see a ton of different ways you can install this ROM, which is nice. I tried 3 different kernal options, and finally my phone booted up, and the WIFI worked, and stayed on.

Native7i

Dec 4, 2011
Kegalla
So what is your bootloader version? 4.3 will run on mj2 and mjb one will allow you to use Odin in the future and the other will brick your phone if you use Odin. If you have root access download root checker from play store it will show you which one you have.

In OP I stated all thing. It's JB. Ya, big deal but RIFF stands beside me. :D

phaseL

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Guys I was having this issue, and I found a fix that worked for me.

The Wifi on my last rom was working fine, as was on my current rom, until I switched on a setting, "Enable wireless display". It was the only common thread between the two, and as soon as I turned it on, I lost Wifi and got the "WPS failed" message when refreshing networks.

Once I turned off "Enable wireless display" (and rebooted with fixing persmissions, not sure if that's a necessary step), I had working Wifi again.

Settings > Display > Cast Screen > uncheck "Enable wireless display"

Hope this helps some of you.

Reactions: phillysdon04

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys I was having this issue, and I found a fix that worked for me.

The Wifi on my last rom was working fine, as was on my current rom, until I switched on a setting, "Enable wireless display". It was the only common thread between the two, and as soon as I turned it on, I lost Wifi and got the "WPS failed" message when refreshing networks.

Once I turned off "Enable wireless display" (and rebooted with fixing persmissions, not sure if that's a necessary step), I had working Wifi again.

Settings > Display > Cast Screen > uncheck "Enable wireless display"

Hope this helps some of you.