Should i trade my ipad air for a note 10.1?

Search This thread

wimkaay

Feb 26, 2014
Hello everybody,

I have a question for you. Should i trade my ipad air 32 gb for a note 10.1 2014?
The reason why i hink about this is because i love the s-pen. Also i love to draw and i think
The note is perfect for that. I have a note 2 als a phone, but i find the screen too small to draw.
What do you think. Keep my ipad air or trade for a galaxy note 10.1?

Thans for your adviice !!!!!!

Greets wim.:)

redsurfbus

Jan 26, 2014
Hello everybody,

I have a question for you. Should i trade my ipad air 32 gb for a note 10.1 2014?
The reason why i hink about this is because i love the s-pen. Also i love to draw and i think
The note is perfect for that. I have a note 2 als a phone, but i find the screen too small to draw.

The fact that you are asking that on here and not a fruit based forum gives you your answer. Enjoy your soon to be new note 10.1 :good:

trimalchioinwestegg

Aug 17, 2012
Hello everybody,

I have both and I must say that the iPad Air has better viewing angles, better battery life, and the speakers have more bass than the Note. But the sad fact is the iPad can't do as much. What I love about the Note is that I can run Firefox with adblock, I can download torrents and watch media from the device without having to use a computer, I can browse files, etc etc. My iPad is only used for Netflix and a few music apps that aren't available on Android. I'm thinking about selling it actually.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
The Note 10.1 comes with sketchpad pro. Perfect for some wonderful drawings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Moose3

Jan 18, 2014
Tough call. I own them both and use them pretty equally. The s-pen is very good, but it's still nothing like write on a piece of paper in terms of accuracy. The ipad generally preforms tasks faster. Browsing the web is smoother and more responsive for example. The one killer feature that I love on the samsung though is multi-window support. I constantly watch youtube videos and browse the web at the same time. I found the notes performance out of the box to be unacceptable. I'm running clean rom and it's pretty amazing how much of a difference it makes.

skyhigh73

Jan 5, 2014
Cairo
I have both and I must say that the iPad Air has better viewing angles, better battery life, and the speakers have more bass than the Note. But the sad fact is the iPad can't do as much. What I love about the Note is that I can run Firefox with adblock, I can download torrents and watch media from the device without having to use a computer, I can browse files, etc etc. My iPad is only used for Netflix and a few music apps that aren't available on Android. I'm thinking about selling it actually.

I have also both Ipad air & Note 10.1_2014.
Actually both of them are great and each one has its own taste, advantages and disadvantages.

Ipad overall performance is better than Note 10.1. There is almost no crashes, force close or shut down while note 10.1 has this problem.
However the note is unique with its S-Pen. Note 10.1 is also unique in writing notes, taking and sharing pics and images.

I think trading Ipad air with Note 10.1 is not a good idea, but think of having both......

:D:cool:

ozz007

Apr 16, 2007
Actually both of them are great and each one has its own taste, advantages and disadvantages.

Ipad overall performance is better than Note 10.1. There is almost no crashes, force close or shut down while note 10.1 has this problem.
However the note is unique with its S-Pen. Note 10.1 is also unique in writing notes, taking and sharing pics and images.

I think trading Ipad air with Note 10.1 is not a good idea, but think of having both......

Get pen and paper, way better.

Reactions: skyhigh73

rushless

Jan 16, 2008

Agreed on all points. I like both devices, but must admit the Air with Android, micro sd and USB would be a better device due to the points noted. The Air is hindered by iOS and iTunes ;) Still like it a lot, but use both the Note and Air about equally.

The two dings though with the Note are the comparatively battery hungry display and the location of the USB. It is easy to forget about it with a case on and try to open it. One too many oops there means a broke USB port. I have done it twice already. The USB location IMO is pure dumb...... So is trying to open a case with it plugged in.

Added: Turning the power save mode on the display does help about 10% and I do not notice a quality hit. In fact, I thought it was a placebo until I compared battery life with it off. I do not turn the CPU throttle on though. Frankly, I thought that was the function of the lower powered core set.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyhigh73

Stocklone

Aug 18, 2010
iPad Air Thoughts

http://www.wacom.com/en/us/creative/intuos-creative-stylus

I'm not sure how accurate it is but it does palm rejection and pressure sensitivity. And it already has a lot of app support. People post pictures to the Sketchbook Pro Facebook page that were drawn with the iPad and I've seen some really really good stuff. And if you comment on their pictures most of them are more than happy to help fellow artists.

My personal bias says get a Note with an S Pen and never look back. But if I try to be objective about it, I bet you could get a great drawing experience with some research and accessories.

If you do get a Note, I would say get a soft screen protector. I love the extra resistance of a soft cover vs drawing on glass.

Hope that helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

My wife won a 32GB iPad Air at a work event a couple of weeks ago. Sold it to buy this Note 10.1 I am typing this on.
    Hello everybody,

The fact that you are asking that on here and not a fruit based forum gives you your answer. Enjoy your soon to be new note 10.1 :good:

Get pen and paper, way better.

Agreed on all points. I like both devices, but must admit the Air with Android, micro sd and USB would be a better device due to the points noted. The Air is hindered by iOS and iTunes ;) Still like it a lot, but use both the Note and Air about equally.

The two dings though with the Note are the comparatively battery hungry display and the location of the USB. It is easy to forget about it with a case on and try to open it. One too many oops there means a broke USB port. I have done it twice already. The USB location IMO is pure dumb...... So is trying to open a case with it plugged in.

Added: Turning the power save mode on the display does help about 10% and I do not notice a quality hit. In fact, I thought it was a placebo until I compared battery life with it off. I do not turn the CPU throttle on though. Frankly, I thought that was the function of the lower powered core set.