[Q] Help With Flashing ROMS

Search This thread

Epicman227

May 2, 2014
Hi! I have just recently rooted my samsung galaxy s4 i545vruemk2 with saferoot. The main reason i wanted to root my phone was so that i could flash a custom rom, (stock 4.2 jellybean) but i do not know how. The bootloader is unlocked. Also if anyone could refer me to any good stock 4.2 jellybean roms that would be great! Thanks! P.s. i am only 13 years old so this is new to me

65vdub

Feb 28, 2014
Long Beach
If you have the mk2 bootloader you'll only be able to flash custom touchwiz roms. The bootloader on the s4 has yet to be unlocked. I recommend you look up how to install safestrap recovery on YouTube with the mk2 bootloader.

Edit: here is a link for YouTube http://youtu.be/w52kNGUN7ig
This also has links in the description that take you to the XDA post for Hashcode's application which installs safestrap recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Epicman227

May 2, 2014
Ok. Do you know possibly when or how the bootloader will be unlocked? And what is the difference between a Rom and a touchwiz rom?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Ok. Do you know possibly when or how the bootloader will be unlocked? And what is the difference between a Rom and a touchwiz rom?

Bunch of people still looking into the bootloader deal... It's just a daunting task.

For our phones you have two types of ROMs.. Touchwiz based which is any ROM that is based off the stock firmware that came with our phones. And the other is AOSP which are ROMs like Cyanogen, Slim, Liquid etc...

Unless you're on an original Verizon S4 with MDK build and Loki your only option is SafeStrap and TW ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Epicman227

May 2, 2014
Ok. Do you have any recommendations of TouchWiz roms I should and can get for my phone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app