I got a very poor battery life. What should I do?

Search This thread

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
Hi everybody. I know that's another topic about battery life but I really need some advice. I have the canadian S5 model (Snapdragon). Since I got it, I never got good battery life. My usage is only net browsing, text messaging, facebook and a bit of game. And i'm always on 4g. I give you a picture of my battery life. Sometimes, I only got 2 hours screens on. For me it's not normal but it is?

Thank you very much

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1399980592757.jpg
    1399980592757.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 1399980605635.jpg
    1399980605635.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

cooza

Aug 9, 2011
Forked River, N.J.
Hi everybody. I know that's another topic about battery life but I really need some advice. I have the canadian S5 model (Snapdragon). Since I got it, I never got good battery life. My usage is only net browsing, text messaging, facebook and a bit of game. And i'm always on 4g. I give you a picture of my battery life. Sometimes, I only got 2 hours screens on. For me it's not normal but it is?

Thank you very much

I went into applications manager and turned off all the extra stuff and bloat I dont use or need. Since we dont have root thats the best available option without uninstalling system apps you dont want. I also have ART turned on in General/Developer Options?Select runtime system. It makes the phone a bit more snappier and a bit more RAM effectiant friendly. Some say it doesnt do anything to battery life but since Ive had it on I do notice a small increase in battery life. I think it comes from the better RAM usage.

pennywisdom

May 5, 2006
What cooza said:

In addition, I like to install a battery monitoring app such as GSam Battery Monitor. It gives you a better per-app breakdown of battery usage. My poor battery life was all Android System so turning off built-in apps helped me there.

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J

Thank you very much

Replace it under warranty ATT has always replaced my batteries for free under warranty. They even offer to replace the whole phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
I actually installed gsam apps. Yesterday, my battery life was a bit better. Last night, I've plug my phone and I unplug it when the battery has been full charge. I only use it for 1 hours and after I've go to sleep. And then check my battery after the night. Seriously I don't know what to do

Attachments

• 1400081075168.jpg
    1400081075168.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 1400081084685.jpg
    1400081084685.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 129

C0derbear

Nov 6, 2012
I only use it for 1 hours and after I've go to sleep. And then check my battery after the night. Seriously I don't know what to do

do you have Location services enabled?

By disabling that i found a few apps that were using it that surprised me, while the phone was otherwise sleeping, reducing those apps significantly helped. Leaving location service disabled helped the most.

yoonus

Jun 18, 2013
Morrisville
I actually installed gsam apps. Yesterday, my battery life was a bit better. Last night, I've plug my phone and I unplug it when the battery has been full charge. I only use it for 1 hours and after I've go to sleep. And then check my battery after the night. Seriously I don't know what to do

Click on the graph and it will show you more details.
I see, a constant blue line in your picture.
Is something keeping your phone awake?

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
What game is it? Have you compared a day without gaming or browsing to a day with it?

On the battery monitoring app advice, be careful. Stay away from ones that offer to control the phone. I've seen and read that those kind can make matters worse on the S5 and the one I tried made my battery got (weird, but true).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app