Stock android email apk

Search This thread

tomfreay

Sep 5, 2008
Hi, anyone know if its possible to replace sense email with the stock email app?

Reason is using exchange with the sense one enabled security for the phone, meaning I need a password to unlock which is stupid. I understand needing security but why not just lock that email account rather than the whole phone!

Anyway the email app on my Nexus One doesn't have this issue, anyone know how I can pull the email apk out and replace the sense on?
Thanks

tifosi256

Jan 21, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
There is an alternative. There is an app available for free on the market place which removes that password prompt. I can't remember the name of it but search this forum as it's been mentioned before.

R

rhedgehog

you can't replace it yet, but you can certainly install the stock one. I have it hosted on my webspace

http://rhedgehog.com/apk/email.apk

EDIT: forgot to say, remember that this will not work with the HTC Sense mail widget.

Rutter

Sep 12, 2006
Herts
Hi, anyone know if its possible to replace sense email with the stock email app?

Reason is using exchange with the sense one enabled security for the phone, meaning I need a password to unlock which is stupid. I understand needing security but why not just lock that email account rather than the whole phone!

Anyway the email app on my Nexus One doesn't have this issue, anyone know how I can pull the email apk out and replace the sense on?
Thanks

Lockpicker, from the market (developed by one of the forum members, iirc) will disable the password prompt, as mentioned in another reply. I use it and it works a treat.

jon23781

Jul 7, 2010
Chester, VA
you can't replace it yet, but you can certainly install the stock one. I have it hosted on my webspace

rhedgehog.com/apk/email.apk

EDIT: forgot to say, remember that this will not work with the HTC Sense mail widget.

I used this mail.apk on my HTC Droid Incredible and it works perfectly.

HTC stock Sense Mail client does not bring in any of my emails, at least not for my company on IMAP settings.

IvanF99

Aug 10, 2010
Hi all,

I applied this application to HTC Sprint EVO none-rooted with stock Android 2.1 and it works.

This stock email.apk allowed me to resolve problem with HTC Mail for Android Version 2.00.0037.195459 not having "allow all certificates" option required to be able to Active Sync if you use self-signed certificate.

However, this version does not seem to support Exchange Calendar.

Does anybody have newest email.apk from Android 2.2 which works on 2.1 ?

They claim support for Calendar and GAL, but I don't want to upgrade to 2.2 just to get email app upgraded.

Regards

Ivan

hunkyn

Feb 10, 2007

Hello it says url is not valid. Can you reupload it by any chance? Also, is this the latest version available?

Thanks

mikep99

Jan 2, 2010
Up North
You could download a custom rom and extract it from the zip. I know CM7 has it included :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

lawrenceh

Dec 19, 2010
users.digiex.net/insanenutter/guides/hotmail-push-android/EmailGoogle.apk

Have used this myself to get push Hotmail ;)

Reactions: funkstar

Top Liked Posts