How to Install Ubuntu on Transformer Prime!

Search This thread

akstyle450

Feb 18, 2011
Ahh damn I was gonna ask if someone was gonna do this too. Until I updated without thinking and lost root :| guess ill have to wait for a new root thing then get this!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Works fine except for installing packages, ubuntu version is old and no more mantained, and tried an upgrade procedure with update-manager -d and didn't work.

duclet

Jun 29, 2011
Yay, exactly what I have been waiting for. But for the life of me, I can't seem to download the file. Can you upload it to multiupload.com or something?

geinome

Mar 21, 2011
Ipswich
Will be testing this when i get home! What version of ubuntu is it running? Might even be able to use it for completely replacing my laptop. Need something i can program on, and this might be the ticket!

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
Will be testing this when i get home! What version of ubuntu is it running? Might even be able to use it for completely replacing my laptop. Need something i can program on, and this might be the ticket!

I hope Google will make an Android SDK that can run on Android now that hardware is getting better.

Reactions: gflare

gflare

Aug 2, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I hope Google will make an Android SDK that can run on Android now that hardware is getting better.

That may be the best idea for a Nexus tablet announcement I've ever heard. Announcing the first official Google Nexus Tablet, typically great specs, with a great dock/keyboard, and the announcement of an android app Android SDK.

This, plus some really nice plug & play style USB port usage would make for a killer announcement.

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
I would recommend VNC Viewer, it is $10 but it works much much better than android-vnc-viewer. About 2-3 times smoother than in the videos.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yolkah

Apr 11, 2010
Thanks for the awesome guide. Got ubuntu nstalled and running without any issues but how do I access my files that is residing on my Android partition/SD card from within ubuntu ? Thanks

Last edited:

Smasher816

Jan 16, 2011
Missouri
plus.google.com
What does it take to get a version of eclipse compiled for arm?
Right now it errors saying "bash: ./eclipse: cannot execute binary file" (Google says that means you have the wrong version. ex 64 on 32 machine).

YoMarK

Sep 15, 2007
Thanks for the awesome guide. Got ubuntu nstalled and running without any issues but how do I access my files that is residing on my Android partition/SD card from within ubuntu ? Thanks
An ftp server running on android should work fine. There are several in the Market.

Top Liked Posts