[Q] Binaries aren't up to date - re root necessary

Search This thread

hugolalouve

Jun 16, 2014
Man, you're having a heck of a time with this. It shouldn't be this hard. I had something similar a while back and I think I had to reflash the factory image and start all over again. not sure if you want to go that far as it will wipe the entire device

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I already did a factory reset earlier, but i'm willing to do anything to succeed. That little piece of **** won't break my will.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I already did a factory reset earlier, but i'm willing to do anything to succeed. That little piece of **** won't break my will.

Well then try double clicking on the flash-all.bat file in the factory image with your phone connected to the pc. You're going to lose your custom recovery so download the image file for that to your pc. You'll flash that in fastboot
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. where recovery.img is your custom recovery image, not the one in the factory image, it'll probably be named something different

hugolalouve

Jun 16, 2014
I did all these step. After installing SuperSU in recovery mode, i clicked on "yes" when prompted to fix root issues or something (i didn't remembered the exact sentence, stupid) and then i have the same problem as before.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I did all these step. After installing SuperSU in recovery mode, i clicked on "yes" when prompted to fix root issues or something (i didn't remembered the exact sentence, stupid) and then i have the same problem as before.

Try it again, but don't click yes, just let it boot

hugolalouve

Jun 16, 2014
Try again from where ?
I'm not sure i can let it boot just by waiting, there are three options :
1 - Go back
2 - Yes
3 - No

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Try again from where ?
I'm not sure i can let it boot just by waiting, there are three options :
1 - Go back
2 - Yes
3 - No

Sorry, flash super su in recovery again

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Sorry, flash super su in recovery again. Use no

melanrz

Jul 27, 2013
Same issue on same devise same android. Format,flash,install newest SU.Nothing to do. No have idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google supersu zip and download a newer version to your phone and flash that in your recovery. You're using a very old version

(outdated Link removed) download SuperSU here and flash the zip via CWM :)

Edit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 here you can get the newest SuperSu. (Posted after problem was solved but to help anyone who will come across this post in about 534 years)
    I can't even do that : when i open it, i get "there is no su binary installed and supersu cannot install it. this is a problem". I can only press "OK" and it closes the app right away.

Go into settings, apps, all and see if you can uninstall it that way

Edit, just looked at the link the other guy have you. Use this
    http://download.chainfire.eu/448/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r5.zip
    In Settings -> App Info, i can only force stop, or disable the app. Plus, it tells me that the app version is the 1.99.

Ok, do you have a pc and know how to use fastboot. We're going to flash the system image from the factory image and clean up somethings

I'm pretty comfortable with all that. Waiting for instructions, sir !
    Thanks again for your time.

Download the factory image, Google nexus 4 factory image. Download the same version you're currently on, 4.4.2 or 4.4.3?

Extract the download using 7-zip or winrar. Inside is another zip file, extract it too. In there you'll find the system.img.

In fastboot run
    fastboot flash system system.img

It won't delete anything on your phone