New Dialpad Skin...

Search This thread

neonstorm

Nov 18, 2006
Florida
I've just finished up my new dialpad skin. Check it out here.

capture.jpg

Ryan

neonstorm

Nov 18, 2006
Florida
Thanks for the compliments!

Great Skin...!
But not Support Dialer Button...:rolleyes:

Dialer Button? Can you elaborate on which button?

So far as I can tell, everything works fine on my Wing.

And SmartDial still works!!

This is basically the dialpad another member pulled from the Touch. I just reworked all of the graphics...

On a side note, if anyone wants a different background and can attach a 320x240 and 240x320 version of it, I'll
make it for you...

Ryan

Last edited:

neonstorm

Nov 18, 2006
Florida

Thanks for shooting me down.. :(

j/k

I tried this style of dialpad before. I love the preview/SmartDial window, but I can't use it because of this. Besides, this design makes much better use of the keypad space, I think. It's much easier to dial and operate one-handed.

Just to clarify, this dialpad is based on the HTC Touch dialpad which is the same layout I presented, just with different graphics.

DIALER.jpg
=
capture.jpg

Which leads me back to tom_codon's comment... Are you referring to the the green 'talk' button? If so why do you need this? My device has a hardware key to start and end a call... therefore making the onscreen button wasted space. Are there some devices that don't have hard keys for this?

If your device has a hardware button for this function, why do you need an onscreen soft button? :rolleyes:

Ryan

robosiris

For some reason, on my herald p4350, it doesn't look right. When I installed, the background and graphics were either missing or distorted. Before I installed it, I had the (or a) generic dialpad (black buttons/white background with HTC emblem).

neonstorm

Nov 18, 2006
Florida
For some reason, on my herald p4350, it doesn't look right. When I installed, the background and graphics were either missing or distorted. Before I installed it, I had the (or a) generic dialpad (black buttons/white background with HTC emblem).

Hmmm... Hopefully this doesn't work on Wings only. :( What OS do you have?
Did the keypad layout look the same as the default I displayed?
Did you copy all of the images in the zip to your Windows directory (overwriting what was already there)?
What images are missing?
Which are distorted?
Were you able to revert back to your default?

I've re-uploaded the image zip file with a couple changes. If you don't mind, please try it again and let me know!

Before anyone tries this, make sure you have a backup dialpad you can fall back on just in case.

Ryan

Last edited:

s4vva

Jan 13, 2006

I have exactly the same problem when trying to use any dialpad! Did you find a solution for this?

itje

Retired Moderator
Jun 20, 2007
Kleppe
I have the same problem, I have HTC p4350, its all messed up, The "frames" of the dialerbuttons are visible, but I see only w/e is running in the background (If I have IE running, I see the contents of the browser instead of the dialer buttons) I can press the buttons, and when I do the numbers I press shows up....but cant have it that way...I removed the dialer without any problem using uninstall function..

wish anyone could get it to work

robosiris

I haven't found a solution to this. It might be because our default dialpad is black and white. For some reason, my other device (ipaq 6828 - wm5) has the green dialpad as default. I have no problems installing and using other dialpad on that. I think as long I have this black and white dialpad as default on my htc, I will continue to have this problem of installing other dialpads. This might apply to many of us here as well.

neonstorm

Nov 18, 2006
Florida
I haven't found a solution to this. It might be because our default dialpad is black and white. For some reason, my other device (ipaq 6828 - wm5) has the green dialpad as default. I have no problems installing and using other dialpad on that. I think as long I have this black and white dialpad as default on my htc, I will continue to have this problem of installing other dialpads. This might apply to many of us here as well.

Can you post a screenshot of your default dialpad, and the result with mine? You'll need a screen capture program like MagicSS to do it. Click on the 'Ficher CAB ARM' link to download a cab to your device, or use the Windows installer link just above it. Then map it to a button, go to the dialpad, and press the button. It will ask you where to save the bmp, then you can upload it here so I can try and figure out what's going on.

Also, if you just install the Touch dialpad without copying my images, does it work ok?

Ryan

itje

Retired Moderator
Jun 20, 2007
Kleppe
I have tried both dialpads, the "original" and the skinned one, they do the same..Ill try to make the capture and upload it in few...

here is the dialpad with the new dialpad:
capture.jpg

here is the one i use now (black something):
capture2.jpg

the one I use is a skinned one, but the result with the new dialpad is the same if I try install it on a new installed rom with original dialpad..

Last edited:

robosiris

Thank you itje,
Ryan, itje's screen captures are exact depictions of my phone when I attempt to use new dialpad. For now, I'm using the default green HTC dialpad. Hopefully there will be a solution soon. Thanks again itje and Ryan for the screen capture app.

I have tried both dialpads, the "original" and the skinned one, they do the same..Ill try to make the capture and upload it in few...

here is the dialpad with the new dialpad:
capture.jpg

here is the one i use now (black something):
capture2.jpg

the one I use is a skinned one, but the result with the new dialpad is the same if I try install it on a new installed rom with original dialpad..

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
Sorry to venture a little off topic guys, but does anybody know of a tutorial for creating my own dialpad?

neptune

May 25, 2006
London
Seems as if alot of people are experiencing this problem. One thing I have noticed with alot of the new dialpad skins is that the file format is different compared to the stock WM skins. The old skins are in .bmp format I believe, and the new ones seem to be in .png . Taking a wile guess but maybe this has something to do with it.....

neonstorm

Nov 18, 2006
Florida
Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten back to you; for some reason I didn't get any email notifications until today...?

Anyhow, I can say for sure that the problems you guys are experiencing are due to the transparency used in my dialpad.

As for why it's a problem for some and not others... Perhaps it's device specific, or more likely as MisterSosa said it's WM5 vs. WM6.

itje and robosiris, are you on WM5 or WM6?

BTW, I have another thread with newer versions here.

Ryan