AT&T Release Date???

Search This thread

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
Ugh, I hope this isn't true but in the event that it is I will find solace in the fact that there's a legitimate release date for the One X.

Freakin' AT&T, the first company in the states to have it announced to, is going to be the last SIM based company to get a One device. Virgin and T-Mobile are getting a One series device before us.

Things to take into account:
1. The One X is nowhere to be found on the Best Buy site, other than pre-ordering in store (which is obligatory).

2. The SKU, 4944144, is no where to be found on the Best Buy site.

Either way, it just gives me a date to be excited for.

Last edited:

Daemos

Dec 1, 2005
I thought AT&T is getting One X not XL...

They are getting the AT&T One X which is the same as the international XL using the dual core krait compared to the quad core Tegra 3...

but the dual core krait should be faster and more power efficient in day to day usage :) not to mention for AT&T users it has LTE built into the SoC.

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
I'm on Tmobile USA. I was gone buy an unlocked One S but its not worth it to spend that much money on a phone in 2012 that is lacking an HD screen. Hopefully the AT&T One XL is released in April.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

marinesl

Oct 18, 2007
I stopped by the ATT store Yesterday and they told me they didn't know when they were getting the phone. They did say it would not be out before the 8th of April.
:mad:

randomnameftw

Feb 2, 2012
Seeing the reviews for it, to be specific the one s and x, this
version will be worth the wait. The s4 smokes the tegra 3 in
most benchmarks I've seen.

May 8th seems to be the rumored release date for the xl.
Only thing I dislike is sense. Stock ICS >>.

junodragon

Feb 23, 2012
Seeing the reviews for it, to be specific the one s and x, this
version will be worth the wait. The s4 smokes the tegra 3 in
most benchmarks I've seen.

May 8th seems to be the rumored release date for the xl.
Only thing I dislike is sense. Stock ICS >>.

I think you mean May 6th right? Where did you get May 8th from?

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I just read on MobileSyrup that Rogers will release the ONE XL in April. They did not give an exact date as of yet, but did say that it will happen in April.

Here's more information:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/04/02/rogers-to-launch-the-htc-one-x-in-the-next-few-weeks/

I can't wait. I will put this one on reserve the moment Rogers adds it to their reservation list.

Regards,
Peter

I wonder if this would have to be unlocked to work on AT&T's network...

Reactions: crazylilazn

crazylilazn

Mar 23, 2010
That Rogers post has made me really optimistic about an April release.

The reason why AT&T supposedly moved back the release date for the HTC One XL was because they didn't want it to conflict with the release of the new Nokia Lumia, as they would cannibalize sales from each other.

From the looks of this press release, it looks this doesn't concern Rogers too much.

And in the past, Rogers and AT&T have had similar release paths for their phones...so, *crosses fingers* for an April release in the US.

junodragon

Feb 23, 2012
If AT&T releases it in April, then they would have to have an annoucement of the release soon. It seems like they annouce their phones 2 weeks in advance. I'm just hoping for some kind of official annoucement from AT&T this month regarding the release date of the One X!!

More than likely ...

I wonder if this would have to be unlocked to work on AT&T's network...

I've been with Rogers for years and, with the sole exception of the Galaxy Nexus, which I own now, all their phones are locked to their network.

However, as with virtually all phones, getting them unlocked is easy, and costs very little. Once unlocked, it should work perfectly well on AT&T.

Peter

Reactions: Maroon Mushroom

crazylilazn

Mar 23, 2010
If AT&T releases it in April, then they would have to have an annoucement of the release soon. It seems like they annouce their phones 2 weeks in advance. I'm just hoping for some kind of official annoucement from AT&T this month regarding the release date of the One X!!

Here's to hoping they announce it sometime this week!

gordongartrell

Sep 28, 2010
I'm currently on Rogers. I have a upgrade available on my account and I passed over the Galaxy Nexus and RAZR to see what HTC and Samsung were going to bring to the table. I must say that I'm pretty much sold on the One X without seeing what Samsung is offering with the SIII.

I've heard a rumor that people that preorder the One on Rogers will get Urbeats included. I hope that's true.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got notified that we are having a merchandising reset on 4/22, It also mentions that more information will be available about the reset on 4/18.
    I just read on the other Android HTC One X forums that this poster from AT&T customer care couldn't find any info on the release date for HTC One X. They searched everything including the "AT&T Insider," everything is promoting the Lumia 900 and Titan II. This is conflicting info against EGBTMagus. Any thoughts??? I really hope EGBTMagus is right with the 4/22 release date!!!! I've been waiting ever since I heard about it at MWC!!!!

Customer Care from AT&T never takes training's on devices so other then official announcements they wouldn't know anything.

I just want to be clear, I am not saying it will be 100% released on the 22nd. Just 6 years with the company I know what to look for when a new device launches. I can be wrong and AT&T just pull a device without replacing it (wouldn't be the first time but rarely does it happen). Also HTC only has 2 Android devices with AT&T. If they discontinue one of their best sellers they would need something to fill the gap.

SkizzMcNizz, If you are about to run your course with your return period then don't blame me if my guess is wrong.

Heres the entire email...
    EGBTMagus, do you still think the April 22nd date is a possibility? Everything seems to be pointing at that date. Have you been able to find it in your system yet?

Yes its totally possible. On Wednesday our merchandising reset site will be updated to reflect 4/22 so I will know more then. Only problem is im off the next two days so I wont be able to confirm anything till Thursday which we will get a confirmation by then hopefully.
    1516195 allinger

At&t releases phones on Sundays twice a month. The 22nd is one if those days. As longs as I have known it has never been different other than with the iPhone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I know that. The Marketing, commercials, bill boards and magazine ads, web ads are not to be released to ATT until the following day. My office is not open on Sunday. We have a meeting with ATT corporate to go over the ads for the Florida market on Mon.

Ads for products are marketed usually to a regions demographic. ATT has their own marketing dept for the entire US. They already have a commercial and ads for the phone. I seen them last week. We are being told to go with '4G' as the main selling point. Since Florida has a good bit of 4G areas already available, especially in central FL, Tampa and Orlando.
    I'm an AT&T Employee and just completed a training for the HTC One XL... we have a store reset on April 22nd (which usually means new devices since we pull EOL devices). I'm gonna guess that might be the release date also since the HTC Inspire is finally coming off the wall and last time I talked to the HTC Rep they said that when the Inspire is done the Vivid will replace its price range and the One XL will replace the Vivid.