[Launcher] Sweeter Home Beta 2 & How to use guide [Theme]Spee Simple

Search This thread

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
For instance, you can have one spring board that opens 4 other spring boards simultaneousnessly then each one of these can control certain menus or folders and widgets. then from within each one of these you can have it so clicking each spring boards will either close all other boards or keep them open depending on the group that you lable them in.

This is what I want to do. My right side is all springboards that launch custom trays. I'd like one springboard that brings them all into view so I can then select one of these to launch the associated tray. Having them all minimize upon app selection would be convenient, but not crucial. Can you help me?
6c41d9b3-cdcb-4998.jpg
6c41d9b3-cdd9-030a.jpg

You can't know your limits until you exceed them.

amp777

Aug 21, 2011
wow this launcher at first was just to much.. but after downloading some other themes people had put together it really opened my eyes on how this launcher works and i love this launcher! its allot of work, but you can make everything look exactly how you want it to!!! the only thing is when you download the app the dev. should have screens with demonstrations to show the basic layout and such... but great job and i hope this launcher is still under development and not abandoned! it seems ima have to do some more research!

gondronk

Feb 15, 2011
nice launcher... :D

im installing this launcher at my galaxy 5503 :D
but i dont know why...the font is tooooo small :rolleyes:

i hope this launcher not for xperia only:cool:

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010
Ok, what you ask is possible. first what you have to do is put the clock on a low layer like 1. Then make a picture on layer 2 that fills the whole screen that matches your wallpaper (or dont even use wallpaper just just full screen pictures like i do. Then in the spring boards that you are using to open your custom tray, use it also to open the picture thus covering layer 1 and making your clock disappear.

You just need to experiment. there is a lot that this home replacement can do.

For instance, you can have one spring board that opens 4 other spring boards simultaneousnessly then each one of these can control certain menus or folders and widgets. then from within each one of these you can have it so clicking each spring boards will either close all other boards or keep them open depending on the group that you lable them in.

i encourage anyone to give this home replacement more then a 20 minute try because it takes a while to figure everything out. I wish the the developer would make a tutorial on how to take full advantage this.

one word of advice. don't bother using any of the themes that you can download because they are set for other phone with other defaults and other programs and widgets and they will not work properly on your phone. just go to edit and start a new one from scratch.

it takes a while to get what you want. for example if you want a custom icon there are 2 ways to get this. first you can create a picture containing the icon you want and then create a custom drawer, exit edit mode then long press that drawer to add the icon from a list of your apps. then go back into edit mode. edit the custom drawer to lock so you can not add more apps or remove this on. then edit icon style and change icon blending to clear so it is invisable thus only showing the icon picture you added the first time. blahhhh... sounds like a lot of work. well it is.

the other way is to use desktop visualizer. create a widget with the one you want and then it is done.

be patient and give it a try. here is a theme that i created.

snap20110109_191051.png
snap20110109_120047.png
snap20110109_120004.png

first is the home screen, press the android and it opens a spring board to other spring boards with commonly used apps and widgets. second is my app drawer, this is the bottom screen. swipe up and it brings you here, back button returns to home screen. the last is the just more folders and stuff. i plan to do more but it takes time.

hope this helps anyone who is willing to give sweeter home a try.

hello, i know this thread is a little old...

but what's this theme called? is it uploaded to the sweeter home servers? can i download it? great job!

gr8hairy1

Nov 8, 2010
Michigan - Thumb
I'm dying here. The launcher expired and I can't find a newer one. Any way to remove the expiration? Or even better, an updated version of it?

Does anyone know of another launcher that has a plus shaped home screen layout? I can't go back to side only scrolling home screens

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010
I'm dying here. The launcher expired and I can't find a newer one. Any way to remove the expiration? Or even better, an updated version of it?

Does anyone know of another launcher that has a plus shaped home screen layout? I can't go back to side only scrolling home screens

usually you can just download the new one here...

http://www.sweeterhome.com/

i see it was just updated today.

hope this helps!

Reactions: gr8hairy1

gr8hairy1

Nov 8, 2010
Michigan - Thumb
Yeah buddy! Thanks for the info.

I spent at least a couple hours searching google play and the web for launchers......nothing would do. Tsf shell, spb shell, go launcher, nemus, zeam, launcher pro, pure breeze, ss launcher, vtl, claystone, apex, regina 3d, netfront, mx home, rui, bunch of other decent ones I can't remember the name of and even more pointless ones that I'm glad I can't remember their names (amazing how few launchers come up on google play when you type in "launchers").

None were enough, and some I've used a long time previous to sweeter home.

I barely use the shortcuts that come with the themes from sweeter home. The home screens are laid out like a plus symbol(most themes are like that). So you have 4 home screens that are only one swipe away from the main home screen. In each of the home screens I have one full screen widget from Folder Organizer setup with each of the apps I want.

Add Smart Taskbar to that and GestureControl, you have an amazingly useful ui.

Speaking if GestureControl, how we all like the idea of long pressing the back key to force close the app you're in? I set up a gesture so all I have to do is pinch the screen with three fingers.

Does it get in the way? I installed a bunch of gestures on my wife's asus transformer and didn't tell her until after she had been using it. Not one wrong gesture.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Vulcanbomber

Jun 8, 2012
I think this should become the main forum for Sweeter Home since the Sweeter Home site is pretty useless and I imagine puts alot of people off.

This is how I got into Apex launcher

Well I'm new to this launcher, but I must say having played a little it is very impressive if a little light on Documentation
I have down loaded some difeerent themes to have a look and based my first example on some off these.
I particularly like being able to switch widgets off and on.
I am currently using Apex launcher which is very good, but if I want to have a 5x5 Jorte widget to show Agenda and calendar I need 2 screens plus another one for Powerpro widget.
I have managed to put all three on one screen!

However the biggest problem with the package at the moment, is that if I lay all three widgets on the screen, if I long press I can select the right one for editing it's details, however there is NO way I can see to select lay the bottom widget for resizing by select and drag.

I have just downloaded Desktop visualiser so I'm off to play with that

Last edited:

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010
I think if you long press you can get a menu that allows you to select the bottom layer.

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

Reactions: Vulcanbomber

Vulcanbomber

Jun 8, 2012
Well I would have a look, if it wasn't for the fact when I powered up this morning it said my licence has expired and to download a new copy from their site, which when I did is the same copy as the one that's exprired!!

So I'm stuck now

Vulcanbomber

Vulcanbomber

Jun 8, 2012
I think if you long press you can get a menu that allows you to select the bottom layer.

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

Sometimes it does but not always and that only applies to editing.
The biggest problem is changing the size and position of the bottom objects.

Still I'm making progress now and will post an update on what I've done in a couple of days

Vulcanbomber

Jun 8, 2012
Phone
Sony Experia Arc S

Theme RHS Build eclair 1205

I have copied my theme up to the server unfortunately it seems to show the edit screen I don't know why.

I was using Apex launcher ,but it had meant using six screens with icons an widgets etc.
I have kept the launcher loaded and it it useful for previewing widgets, because in the App tray it shows how they will appear on the homescreen.
What I really wanted was something that would allow me to overlay widgets and turn them off and on.
Also a way to handle icons in folders, something like ICS folders where you can drop in icons, but also being able to call them up with an icon or label.

Sweeter Home does both of these things

After several aborted attempts I have finally succeded in putting all of my widgets and icons on to ONE screen!

The first thing I did was to add a Beautiful clock widget to the screen, by adding a new block from the edit menu and selecting System widget from the list.
If you press on Widget select you are presented with a list of installed widgets and I selected Beautiful widgets large clock, also you can use Widget configure to alter the widget. (Useful tip, if you want to change the style etc later, normally you would have to reload the widget, but all you have to do is go back into the edit menu, select the widget you wish to alter and select Widget Configure.)
Because I wanted other control items to lay over it I put it at Layer 9
All other new blocks where set to Layer 10 (not sure why we need 10 Layers)

I then Dragged and Dropped the widget to the position and size I wanted.
Then come out of Edit and you should see widget on screen, because the is no sprinboard associated with it is is on all the time.

Now select a Widget you want to switch off and on and repeat the exercise, but set it at Layer 10 and make sure to give it a unique title.

To control it you need a Springboard.
In controlled blocks when pressed will give a list of items, select the widget just created and set it to yes
In both Frames set up colour (NOTE Having set up one colour this can be COPY & PASTED to all others)
Leave Group on Default (No I haven't a clue what it does)
Set Layer level to 10
Minimisable leave alone
On By default to no
Title to what you want on screen

Now potion and size Springboard, come out of edit and you should be able to switch the widget off and on

Now set up a custom tray
Animation time leave as is
Arrange icons leave as is
Embed content no
Filter content yes
Set up Frame Background
Set up Icon/Label Style
Layer level to 10
Locked no
Receive shortcuts yes
scroll direction up to you
Sort with direction yes
Title give it a unique name
Tray ID you must set this up with a unique identifier I suggset same as title
Come out of edit resize and position Tray

Now you need to go back into the Springboard and add the Tray to the controlled blocks
Exit Edit from main menu.

I didn't use tagged trays, because I didn't want the launcher continually syching with the sever and also I haven't a clue what tags I want yet

You should now be able to control both items and add icons and shortcuts to tray
Next fine tune each item until you are happy with it, this is important because then to create a new item just use Copy and Paste. The First time you paste you might think it has failed, but all that has happened it that it has pasted it straight on top of the one you copied! So just drag and drop to new position and make watever changes you want, making sure you rename it.

IMPORTANTAt this stage save a copy to your SD card >Edit Note>Save/Publish Change share Theme from Intenet to SD card

COPY and PASTE is your friend USE IT. Also I have discovered you can copy and paste between themes, so it see an item ona theme you lkie just COPY and PASTE!

Problems I have still not solved

1. You can't edit icons they are as they appear in App Draw.

2. Shortcuts can be added but not from file.
I used shortcuts created in Evernote to each of it's Notebooks you can't do this in Evernote only add indivdual notes.

3. I have noticed after a few days the resolution of the included wallpaper in the theme deteriorating, I have changed wall paper to see what happens.

With regards to adding new Apps, you can't install shorcuts on the homescreen, so go into player setting and turn this off.

Vulcanbomber

Last edited:

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
WOW this is simply epic!!!
Is it still up to date?
because i have some suggestions:
+ global settings, meaning you set eg a springboard ib settings with title, background, frame, font etc. and save it. then, whenever you create a new springboard it will look like this one :)
+ deifferent custom trays, i have a custom tray with my Phone, contacts and sms, and want to do another one with camera, media andandandand, but its not possible (or is it?!? i didnt find anything bout that)
+ i would like to set my phone to have only one homescreen with all the crazy things i can do with this app
+ last but not (tottaly^^) least: ICONS! those would make even greater, I suggest adw icon pack icons :)
Greets and i hope that you still work on this one :)

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After recently having a play around with this cool new launcher i thought it may be worth sharing with everyone on here.

PLEASE NOTE: this program is still in BETA and has not yet got a market release

Sweeter home is an alternative Launcher that delivers:
    - Highly customisable Docks and App Draws (text, colour, borders, ect)
    - Support for all android Widgets
    - 5 screens (left, right, up, down) - not yet editable
    - "springboard" buttons easily show & hide Custom trays and even widgets (by far the coolest feature)
    - Ability to save upload and download themes quickly from a built in market
    - Ability to save themes to SD

APK is available from

Some screens of My x10 Running sweeter home - My theme can be downloaded under Spee_Simple

Framework - X10 res mod v1.5
    Widgets used - Switchpro size 3 - Beautiful weather 1x1 - Beautiful weather 4x1 - Mixzing media player Large

leftdv.jpg

centerpe.jpg

rightz.jpg

--- How it works ---

Sweeter home is a new take on a launcher that offers high levels of customisation
    the launcher will seem a little overwhelming at first but stick with it and post any questions you may have in this thread

Basically, The themes are made up of trays, these contain text and apps, these trays can be controlled to turn on/off by items called springboards,
    see my above screens,

I have written down a few things ive learnt so far i hope they may be of help to you

--- A Quick Guide to making your own theme ---

1 - To create a new theme from scratch press your options key and click edit theme,
    Pressing options again and clicking more will enable you to start a new theme from scratch

Now you have 5 blank screens (up, down, left, right) to add things to

2 - Either long press or click options and select "New" to see a list of objects which can be added to your screen

All Applications - a drawer of all of your applications
    Calendar - Sweeterhome built in calendar that displays events
    Contact list - a Scrollable box containing contacts
    Current date - a Box containing the date
    Current time - a Box containing the time
    Custom Tray - A scrollable app draw that can hold selected apps (music, tools, games, ect)
    Live Map - A live scrollable google map (that for some reason centers over chicago for me)
    Picture - Select an image
    Plain colour - an empty box that cannot contain apps or shortcuts, (use this as a background for buttons
    Recent calls - Scrollable Recent call list
    Recent SMS - Scrollable Recent SMS list (doesnt display phone numbers)
    Search box - Sweeterhomes personalised search box
    Springboard - A Key item on sweeter home, (see below)
    System widget - Click to place a standard widget
    Tagged tray - Useful trays that are controlled online via your sweeterhome account ( personally i dont use these)
    Text - A Box of text

After you have selected an item E.G a text box Long press and click EDIT

In the edit screen you can change just about all the aesthetics of boxes
    colour, frame, text, scroll directions ect

MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE TITLE and TRAY I.D to something relevant if you intend to use a springboard to control when it appears

---Using springboards---

A springboard is a button that once pressed will show / hide other trays and widgets
    this is why its necessary to change the names of the boxes and widgets you create

E.G
    1- create a system widget and name it (winamp)
    2- exit the edit screen and place the Winamp widget on the screen by clicking the red box
    3- go back to edit and create a springboard, Call this (Music)
    4- long press the springboard and select the (systemwidget:winamp) to be controlled
    5- Exit the edit screen

Now hopefully whenever you press your springboard box/button labeled music your winamp widget will appear/dissapear

This can be done with most of the items, note how in my screens menus and docks can appear/dissapear with the touch of a springboard

-- Layers --

As you Photoshop users will know "Layers are important"
    in sweeter home this also applies
    in the "EDIT" screen there will be an option "layer level", the default for this is 10
    some tips:
    - always keep springboards on layer 10 as then they will always be at the top and not become covered by any text/images you place over them
    I understand most of the basics and like my customization quite well, but I wasn't able to do one thing:

how can I create a springboard, that enables one tray and disables another one at the same time? To explain what I want to do: I want to create a big clock in the free space of my homescreen, which is on by default. But when I for example press "messages", the clock should disappear and the (transparent) message box should appear right there. Sounds quite easy but I didn't find an option to "disable on press". Is this possible?

Another thing I find quite annoying in Sweeterhome: you cannot swipe when there's an object. My screen is quite filled with springboards, which makes it difficult to change screen :mad:

Everything else is just fine, and I'm amazed that Sweeterhome doesn't lag although my homescreen is filled with widgets multiple times :D

edit: my homescreen right now:
    http://img819.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=screenshot10d.png

it's pretty much a predesigned theme from the market, but all the shortcuts and springboards had to be fixed since none of them work on x10.

Ok, what you ask is possible. first what you have to do is put the clock on a low layer like 1. Then make a picture on layer 2 that fills the whole screen that matches your wallpaper (or dont even use wallpaper just just full screen pictures like i do. Then in the spring boards that you are using to open your custom tray, use it also to open the picture thus covering layer 1 and making your clock disappear.

You just need to experiment. there is a lot that this home replacement can do.

i encourage anyone to give this home replacement more then a 20 minute try because it takes a while to figure everything out. I wish the the developer would make a tutorial on how to take full advantage this.

one word of advice. don't bother using any of the themes that you can download because they are set for other phone with other defaults and other programs and widgets and they will not work properly on your phone. just go to edit and start a new one from scratch.

it takes a while to get what you want. for example if you want a custom icon there are 2 ways to get this. first you can create a picture containing the icon you want and then create a custom drawer, exit edit mode then long press that drawer to add the icon from a list of your apps. then go back into edit mode. edit the custom drawer to lock so you can not add more apps or remove this on. then edit icon style and change icon blending to clear so it is invisable thus only showing the icon picture you added the first time. blahhhh... sounds like a lot of work. well it is.

the other way is to use desktop visualizer. create a widget with the one you want and then it is done.

be patient and give it a try. here is a theme that i created.

snap20110109_191051.png
    snap20110109_120047.png
    snap20110109_120004.png

first is the home screen, press the android and it opens a spring board to other spring boards with commonly used apps and widgets. second is my app drawer, this is the bottom screen. swipe up and it brings you here, back button returns to home screen. the last is the just more folders and stuff. i plan to do more but it takes time.

hope this helps anyone who is willing to give sweeter home a try.

usually you can just download the new one here...

i see it was just updated today.

hope this helps!

Sent from my Incredible.
    Aw yeah.