[Q] Kindle Fire is stuck in Logo after reinstalling TWRP

Search This thread

Inazawa255

Feb 19, 2014
Hello, everyone!

Yesterday I tried to flash CM10 in my kindle fire (already running CM9).

I followed the Cyanogen Mod site (wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_otter) instructions.

I downloaded Kindle fire utility 0.9.9 (from CM site), and started the process of updating TWRP. At some point of the installation, KFU rebooted my device in fastboot mode, and kept waiting an awnser from Kindle.

It was taking a bit too long, so I restarted the tablet. Now it keeps on the "Kindle Fire" screen forever, and don't respond to ADB anymore (the "adb device" command don't return anything).

I believe it is not bricked yet, because when we connect it to the PC, it does that connection sound. However, I can't reach it with ADB anymore.

Can Anyone give me an advice for this situation?

Thanks a lot !!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You got very lucky, kindle fire utility is not meant for second generation devices, usually using it results in a hard brick. The correct way to update twrp is to grab the latest version's flashable zip from the dev section for your device and flash it from inside twrp and reboot. If you no longer have the blue logo and it is a 7" device you will need a fastboot cable, if you do have a blue logo or this is a 8.9" device you won't need a fastboot cable to fix, but you still need to get it into fastboot mode to reflash some partitions back to stock to fix this unless you get a blue logo in which case you could probably just flash the recovery but from what you said I'm assuming you don't get the blue logo anymore. And only the 8.9" models tend to be detected briefly while passing the bootloader.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Inazawa255

Feb 19, 2014
In fact, my Kindle fire is a 1st generation one! I had already used KFU to flash CM9 on it (before, it had stock OS) .

Do this fact help in any form?

And, about the cable, I will search one imediatly!!

Thanks for your reply!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
O well then this is the wrong device forum on xda... If its a kf1 then I think fastboot cable will still apply to this. Not positive, kf1's aren't my specialty, while my mother has one I never did much beyond rooting and installing twrp. Flashed a Ubuntu touch preview os on it once but that's about it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk