[Q] Want to update but "Your devise have been modified, Software Updates are not avai

Search This thread

dummyns1

Apr 11, 2014
[Q] Want to update but "Your devise have been modified, Software Updates are not avai

I have samsung galaxy s4, i am new on rooting phone and new on this forum, I rooted my phone about a month ago.. now i want to update my phone from 4.3 to 4,4 kitkat.. what i did is i unroot my phone by unrooting it on SuperSU application.. and after that i try to update my phone and this pops on my screen "Your devise have been modified, Software Updates are not available".. Someone please help me,, I am new at rooting so plss help me..

stop2stare

Oct 23, 2013
actually unrooting phone is not that hard. you'll just have to look for the methods on some other forums, i am in china and i am not sure if you can read chinese...

Sent from my ZTE N970 using xda app-developers app

dummyns1

Apr 11, 2014
actually unrooting phone is not that hard. you'll just have to look for the methods on some other forums, i am in china and i am not sure if you can read chinese...

Sent from my ZTE N970 using xda app-developers app

no, i can't read chinese.. can u help me?? i want to update my phone without losing any data.. Is that possible?

dummyns1

Apr 11, 2014
Last edited:

romasis

Sep 8, 2010
Kaunas
Download your region rom from sammobile.com. Install "mobile odin pro" in your smartphone. Copy extracted rom tar file to your phone internal storage. Flash it with installed MOD Pro and you will have updated 4.4.2 rom with root privileges.
I had problems with CSC and force closing keyboard after update. But later solved it by flashing again just "cache" with MOD Pro.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

KingOfDope

I will try to do this.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477.. i already downloaded odin and trying to download stock from the Philippines but im afraid to do it.. Do you think it's safe to do this?? My current version is 4.3.. Is it okay to do this with my current version??

Or is there any way update my phone without changing rom..

I should be save the thread is trusted. Don't forget you can't downgrade so if you're on 4.4.2 you can't go back to 4.3 or lower