AT&T S4 Active update JSS15J.I537UCUBML2 Jan 7?

Search This thread

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
Hey guys,

Today, AT&T updated and then pulled the software update page for the S4 Active. Here's the info - did anyone receive it or did they pull the update altogether?

Update the Software for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active (i537)

Update summary
Effective January 7, 2014, a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active (SGH-i537) will be available to AT&T customers. This software package updates your phone to Android 4.3, and includes multiple improvements.
The size of the update file is 721MB, and is available to download over Wi-Fi only.

What's changing?
Android 4.3 OS upgrade (http://www.android.com/versions/jelly-bean-4-3/)
Samsung Galaxy Gear compatibility
Drag and drop to uninstall or disable applications
AT&T Signature Experience preloads such as Kindle, Lookout, City ID, Password Keeper, Games and AT&T Mobile Protection.
What to expect after the update
Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC, or using a favorite application (from the Play Store), prior to upgrading the software. You can also backing up and restoring your phone using Sansung Kies.

How to update
Drag down the notification bar, and then tap Settings .
From the "More" tab, tap About device.
Tap Software update.
Tap Check for updates.
Tap OK.
Tap Continue.
The device will automatically start downloading the software update. Once complete, the device will restart.
Please wait until your phone reboots completely, and then select Done to finish.

How to verify the update
Drag down the notification bar, and then tap Settings .
From the "More" tab, tap About device.
The following information will be displayed:
Android version: 4.3
Baseband version: I537UCUBML2
Build number: JSS15J.I537UCUBML2

Hey guys,

Today, AT&T updated and then pulled the software update page for the S4 Active. Here's the info - did anyone receive it or did they pull the update altogether?

I was also able to find a link for the 4.3 update, however it still links to the MF3 update page. See the attached screenshot from AT&T's website.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 927

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
Please post as soon as you see it, with an update prompt and post-update About screenshots if you can.

I'll be checking my wife's S4 Active as well.

hi my Friend
i search in network but i don´t find anithing in the AT&T web page
please share to me the link

This is the link to the i537 Specifications page that has a link to the 4.3 update. However, when you click on the 4.3 update link it takes you to the MF3 update. So it seems like they're ready for the 4.3 update they just haven't released it yet.

Reactions: xtc218

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
AT&T PR's response: "Nothing to announce at this time - will keep you posted when the update is ready."

Looks like it's not ready just yet.

hiddenmist

Sep 1, 2010
Now Ive been searching for a way to root this all over the internet. Is there a way to root this yet or no??

this is for build number JSS15J.I537UCUBML2

Last edited:

wildwily7

Jan 28, 2014
new phone

I couldn't install 4.3 after download. Talked to at&t and they sent me out a new phone. Samsung galaxy s4 active

Top Liked Posts