Turning the phone on

Search This thread

alipashang77

Jan 16, 2011
Hi, so the short story is that my phone power button does not work, and its turned of because the battery finished and now its charged, what can I do to turn it on??
I don't think ADB works cause phone is off...
Any solution??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Fix the power button

You could attempt just plugging it in and unplugging it a bunch, I have had some phones in the past that this works for, but if you are rooted I know at least one version of twrp recovery caused my phone to power on when plugged in and it would boot to recovery, from there you could just boot to os. Of course you would still need to get it to power on at least once first, so my guess is you need to fix the power button

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Hi, so the short story is that my phone power button does not work, and its turned of because the battery finished and now its charged, what can I do to turn it on??
I don't think ADB works cause phone is off...
Any solution??

Have you tried holding the button down for awhile? Like 15-30 seconds?

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
open phone, remove the power button board(its connected to the mobo with 2 golden pins, they just contact with mobo, so you can just lift away), and do a little short on 2 golden contacts on the mobo till phone turns on

alipashang77

Jan 16, 2011
Yes, i tried to hold it about 2 min, i'm sure this is hardware problem

alipashang77

Jan 16, 2011
yes i'm rooted and I have the latest TWRP, which version was it?
Fix the power button

You could attempt just plugging it in and unplugging it a bunch, I have had some phones in the past that this works for, but if you are rooted I know at least one version of twrp recovery caused my phone to power on when plugged in and it would boot to recovery, from there you could just boot to os. Of course you would still need to get it to power on at least once first, so my guess is you need to fix the power button

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app