[Q] DNA stuck in boot loop, Supercharged Hatka DNA ROM (1 Litecoin bounty for help)

Search This thread

Esploded

Feb 15, 2013
Droid DNA with Supercharged Hatka DNA got stuck in bootloop after running fine for over a year (ROM flashed last February)

I have a *fairly* recent backup if I could get it to boot to recovery, but I would prefer not to considering the 20ish Litecoins walleted on the device. I will be willing to give a whole Litecoin to whoever can fix my problem

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Droid DNA with Supercharged Hatka DNA got stuck in bootloop after running fine for over a year (ROM flashed last February)

I have a *fairly* recent backup if I could get it to boot to recovery, but I would prefer not to considering the 20ish Litecoins walleted on the device. I will be willing to give a whole Litecoin to whoever can fix my problem

Do you have adb? If you do the command is adb reboot recovery. Need to know more it just cycles? If so then try to push both power button and and both volumes until it has lights flashing at the bottom and reboots dont let go until it reboots. Other then that I am not sure. I tried to boot to recovery the manual way and it doesnt work. Which is why i Always use that to reboot recovery. Wait, I figured it out. Hold down volume power dont let go until bootloader comes up then let go of both. use volume down and select recovery and bam!

Last edited:
Reactions: Esploded

Esploded

Feb 15, 2013
Okay so I tried holding down power and down volume to get into bootloader, it got me there and I could scroll to recovery, but it kept cycling the reboot before it would boot into recovery. I tried plugging it into the computer to use adb, but it just makes the plug/unplug USB sound in Windows. I also tried holding down all three buttons, and it makes no difference.

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Okay so I tried holding down power and down volume to get into bootloader, it got me there and I could scroll to recovery, but it kept cycling the reboot before it would boot into recovery. I tried plugging it into the computer to use adb, but it just makes the plug/unplug USB sound in Windows. I also tried holding down all three buttons, and it makes no difference.

Ok so if you have fastboot you should be able to use fastboot to flash recovery. If you are going to use a backup then you would need to have the same recovery image you used for the original. My suggestion is go to twrp and get the image. make sure you are plugged in at bootloader and fastboot is selected. IT should say fastboot usb if you are connected correctly on the top. I am assuming you have fastboot? If not my suggestion is to get minimal adb and fastboot it is the easiest. after you have installed run this command.

fastboot devices

it should come up with your device number if it doesnt then you need fastboot drivers. If it does then take the recovery.img you downloaded and place it in the same folder as your fastboot and adb folder. I suggest changing name to make it easier, I usually just change it to recovery.img instead of whatever it downloaded as. Then enter this command

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

It should say sending and complete then enter this command

fastboot reboot recovery

bam you are in recovery!

Reactions: Esploded

Esploded

Feb 15, 2013
Ok so if you have fastboot you should be able to use fastboot to flash recovery. If you are going to use a backup then you would need to have the same recovery image you used for the original. My suggestion is go to twrp and get the image. make sure you are plugged in at bootloader and fastboot is selected. IT should say fastboot usb if you are connected correctly on the top. I am assuming you have fastboot? If not my suggestion is to get minimal adb and fastboot it is the easiest. after you have installed run this command.

fastboot devices

it should come up with your device number if it doesnt then you need fastboot drivers. If it does then take the recovery.img you downloaded and place it in the same folder as your fastboot and adb folder. I suggest changing name to make it easier, I usually just change it to recovery.img instead of whatever it downloaded as. Then enter this command

fastboot reboot recovery

bam you are in recovery!

I'll give the fastboot utility a shot, hopefully it works. Thank you

Esploded

Feb 15, 2013
IT is a lifesaver and so is adb once you learn how to use them you will be freed from lots of problems! Good luck.

ADB tool is no help, computer will not recognize my phone even with all the HTC drivers installed. I'm at my wit's end, starting to believe something in the phone's hardware is messed up because nothing is working

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
ADB tool is no help, computer will not recognize my phone even with all the HTC drivers installed. I'm at my wit's end, starting to believe something in the phone's hardware is messed up because nothing is working

Which adb drivers did you install and you need the fastboot drivers also. I have never found a phone that would not accept a fastboot command what OS are you on?

Esploded

Feb 15, 2013
I figured out what caused this. About a month ago, I was deleting unnecessary files, and it had been a year since I'd flashed my custom ROM so I forgot what the process involved. I accidentally deleted the 'sdcard' folder, and the phone became a ticking time bomb for it to stop working. I bricked it didn't I?

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I figured out what caused this. About a month ago, I was deleting unnecessary files, and it had been a year since I'd flashed my custom ROM so I forgot what the process involved. I accidentally deleted the 'sdcard' folder, and the phone became a ticking time bomb for it to stop working. I bricked it didn't I?

No, If you have twrp use adb push and push a rom to your phone and then flash it and your fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RLGL

Nov 25, 2012
Stillwater

If you can get into your rom, go to settings..power and at the bottom disable fastboot

Bakumatsu

Nov 9, 2011
Kyiv
ADB and fastboot don't help, since it won't connect to any computer. I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue

1. Charge your phone (about 24 hours).
2. Let him rest (about 24 hours) without turning on.
3. Connect device to PC with original wire (Win7 preferred).

There is possibility that your BB will recognize phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do you have adb? If you do the command is adb reboot recovery. Need to know more it just cycles? If so then try to push both power button and and both volumes until it has lights flashing at the bottom and reboots dont let go until it reboots. Other then that I am not sure. I tried to boot to recovery the manual way and it doesnt work. Which is why i Always use that to reboot recovery. Wait, I figured it out. Hold down volume power dont let go until bootloader comes up then let go of both. use volume down and select recovery and bam!

fastboot devices

fastboot reboot recovery

bam you are in recovery!
    I only installed the HTC Sync and the ADB utility, I didn't know about ADB drivers. I'm on Windows 7

All this stuff has been asked and answered a hundred times... Look here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2131284

Get your ADB and Fastboot working. You will be fine.