Stuck in Fastboot

Search This thread

Misterowl

Okay so I tried to flash cyanogenmod 11 for the first time on this moto G (US). It bootlooped and I tired to reflash it again and it did the same. There was no way of returning to stock because I had not made a backup. So I tried to flash stock in the bootloader and that didn't work. I went into the recovery and it said 'cant mount /sdcard. So go back into the bootloader and format the sdcard and that doesn't work (which I returned to the recovery to see it not working). I go back and flash twrp thinking that recovery would have something to help me flash a new rom and now I don't even have a working recovery. It takes me straight back to the bootloader and every time I flash a recovery it says Mismatched partition size (recovery) and I am unable to boot into it.

I have no clue on what to do at this point and I need help.

P.Kosunen

Jun 13, 2013
Helsinki
It could be too big recovery install with fastboot causes problem, every recovery cwm/twrp i tried to install with fastboot fails.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49559872&postcount=234
Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip

Download vocoderisms TWRP build, extract "recovery.img" from it.

After you have kitkat installed and working:

Option 1, use TWRP without install:
Boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img) and install rom from there.

Option 2, install TWRP (have not tested):
Upload twrp zip to phone (adb push Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip /sdcard/), boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img), install Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip.

Last edited:

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester
Okay so I tried to flash cyanogenmod 11 for the first time on this moto G (US). It bootlooped and I tired to reflash it again and it did the same. There was no way of returning to stock because I had not made a backup. So I tried to flash stock in the bootloader and that didn't work. I went into the recovery and it said 'cant mount /sdcard. So go back into the bootloader and format the sdcard and that doesn't work (which I returned to the recovery to see it not working). I go back and flash twrp thinking that recovery would have something to help me flash a new rom and now I don't even have a working recovery. It takes me straight back to the bootloader and every time I flash a recovery it says Mismatched partition size (recovery) and I am unable to boot into it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2LP8tI1Xwu4MGtPTlpVcVQxN0k/preview this cwm worked for me

Misterowl

You do know flashing stock again removes root, so it has to be rerooted again ?

Yes I am very aware and followed through with root with that outcome.

CWM doesn't work it. It boots up (Im used cyanogenmod) the cyanogenmod boot animation but just stays there.

It could be too big recovery install with fastboot causes problem, every recovery cwm/twrp i tried to install with fastboot fails.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49559872&postcount=234
Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip

Download vocoderisms TWRP build, extract "recovery.img" from it.

After you have kitkat installed and working:

Option 1, use TWRP without install:
Boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img) and install rom from there.

Option 2, install TWRP (have not tested):
Upload twrp zip to phone (adb push Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip /sdcard/), boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img), install Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip.

I've flashed twrp too and came out with the same outcome.

vardhanram

Jan 2, 2013
Nellore
stuck in fastboot

Exactly i am also facing same problem....
mobile unable to instal firmware...
still i am searching for solution ...

guys plz help me

kaz93

Feb 9, 2012
I thought I am the only one with this problem..After mailing the phone to SC and got it back after 2 months, the phone still looks the same, just like they did nothing to fix it.