[Q] S-off for 5.18 firmware????

Search This thread

laofan

Oct 27, 2011
Virginia Beach
I just bought the at&t htc one x online. It come with the 5.18 firmware.
I did a little research but could only root the phone with WeakSauce.

I have tried the firewater but not any luck yet.

Is there any way that I could install Recovery or unlock bootloader for now?( I try HTC-DEv but they give me the Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.). I also try change CID but still got the CWS_001

Are we stuck here in 5.18?

By the way, when I boot into bootloader, the phone shows "Tampered" and "Locked"

Is it normal?

Thank you very much.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
No, there is no way at all you can install a custom recovery. In order to do that you need an unlocked bootloader, which you can't do because there is no exploit to get SuperCID on the 5.18 firmware. The closest you're gonna get is temp root via Weaksauce, which will only allow you to install root apps, you are unable to install any custom ROMs. Unless a highly skilled dev releases a crack (don't hold your breath, this is an old phone now) you're stuck in this situation.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: laofan

laofan

Oct 27, 2011
Virginia Beach
No, there is no way at all you can install a custom recovery. In order to do that you need an unlocked bootloader, which you can't do because there is no exploit to get SuperCID on the 5.18 firmware. The closest you're gonna get is temp root via Weaksauce, which will only allow you to install root apps, you are unable to install any custom ROMs. Unless a highly skilled dev releases a crack (don't hold your breath, this is an old phone now) you're stuck in this situation.

Sent from my Evita

Could we install system apps uing weaksauce? I tried but faild..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Evita
    I don't believe so, your system partition is read-only.

Sent from my Evita